Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Notre Dame's Kelly thinks Irish will be able to handle Death Valley crowd
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

New Story: Notre Dame's Kelly thinks Irish will be able to handle Death Valley crowd

Sep 29, 2015, 5:02 PM

Notre Dame's Kelly thinks Irish will be able to handle Death Valley crowd

Notre Dame has played in its fair share of big games over the last few years – the national championship in 2012 and at Florida State in 2014 are just two that come to mind – and head coach Brian Kelly thinks those experiences are enough to prepare his players for the challenge they will face Saturday night in Clemson’s Death Valley.Photo by Brian Spurlock / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

R.I.P.***

Sep 29, 2015, 5:04 PM

Re: R.I.P.***

Sep 29, 2015, 9:21 PM

Glad the Pope is in the country. They may need some "Last Rights" and some "Absolution" before it's all said and done. I hope so, anyway. This game will be the best game in the country, all year, is my prediction. Both teams are gifted, well coached and disciplined on both sides of the ball. I'm glad I'm alive to see it, and especially glad I will be in the stadium. This will be one I can tell my "Great Grand" children about. The grand's on the ground will be watching.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Notre Dame's Kelly thinks Irish will be able to handle Death Valley crowd

Sep 29, 2015, 5:09 PM

if they can handle it then Clemson fans have let the team down. crowd needs to control this game from start to finish.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Notre Dame's Kelly thinks Irish will be able to handle Death Valley crowd

Sep 29, 2015, 7:51 PM

That's a bit novel. By your logic, the team isn't what wins the games, the crowd is.

Sep 29, 2015, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Notre Dame's Kelly thinks Irish will be able to handle Death Valley crowd ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2015, 9:42 PM

Reminds me of a couple of recent elections.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2015, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Notre Dame's Kelly thinks Irish will be able to handle Death Valley crowd ]

That's just talk. I would bet his players hit the panic button from the get go, and if we can score early and often and shut them down from the start, they will fold like a cheap suit. Spurrier did the same thing last year when we played. The game ended with them having 3 TO's remaining shows they had no answers. I hope we see the same from ND, as well.

Sep 29, 2015, 5:12 PM

How many of the players on this team are even still left from the championship run? None?

I just laughed at the idea that playing a big game

Sep 29, 2015, 5:49 PM

at a neutral site will prepare you for a big game in Death Valley.

I imagine Petrino on the phone right afterward, "It's okay Brian, we all make mistakes."

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

will beat the loud Miami game easy.

Sep 29, 2015, 5:56 PM

they ain't seen nuthin' yet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair; they did play at FSU last year

Sep 29, 2015, 6:23 PM [ in reply to I just laughed at the idea that playing a big game ]

I'd imagine that crowd was loud and that game came down to the last play.

Re: To be fair; they did play at FSU last year

Sep 29, 2015, 9:44 PM

When fsu fans and stadium noise grow up, they want to be as loud as we are.

Doak ain't Death Valley.***

Sep 29, 2015, 10:47 PM [ in reply to To be fair; they did play at FSU last year ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope Tiger Fans are so loud Saturday

Sep 29, 2015, 5:30 PM

that Maui issues a tsunami warning.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We'll try to do you proud Ben! ******

Sep 29, 2015, 8:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2015, 5:35 PM

I'm sure they've played in loud stadiums before. Besides, the crowd will be 40% ND, so a good bit of the noise will work to their advantage.

Sep 29, 2015, 6:47 PM

Poor coach really is in for a shockingly loud crowd. I was among the Miami crowd in 2005 and expect that same level of noise.

Go Tigers!

Sep 29, 2015, 8:02 PM

We beat you at home once, you beat us at home once. Neither of us has beat the other at home. What does that say about how important the crowd is?

Fortunately, you have a pretty good team there too. But then, so do we. Let's have a clean game, and hope the referees don't mess it up for everyone. (Second-)best of luck to Clemson on Saturday. Nobody gets hurt repeat nobody gets hurt. Ok? :)

Death Valley was a little different in 1977.

Sep 30, 2015, 7:54 AM

There were no upper decks or enclosed west end zone. I do agree, though, that the teams win games. A crowd can have an effect though, not just with communication issues either. A great crowd can get into the heads and effect the emotion of teams that are undisciplined, or have poor focus. I don't think ND is either of those two things, but you never know until their tested. Regardless, I believe my Tigers are good enough to win on a neutral site in an empty stadium. Hope I'm right.

40% is an extremely high over estimate

Sep 29, 2015, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Notre Dame's Kelly thinks Irish will be able to handle Death Valley crowd ]

Like laughable high.

LMFAO....you silly silly man....you have NOOOO

Sep 29, 2015, 5:41 PM

idea what awaits you. God I can not wait for their QB to throw 3 picks!

It won't be the picks, it'll be the false starts and delays

Sep 29, 2015, 5:50 PM

of game.

That's what killed Louisville last year after Petrino opened his yap. They had a sequence where they gained 19 yards in four plays...and turned it over on downs.

Re: LMFAO....you silly silly man....you have NOOOO

Sep 29, 2015, 8:05 PM [ in reply to LMFAO....you silly silly man....you have NOOOO ]

Might have to. :)

depends on what the score is***

Sep 29, 2015, 5:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Sep 29, 2015, 5:47 PM

Well....

They certainly are an arrogant bunch!!

STOMP THEIR ARSES Tigers!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2015, 8:15 PM

If Clemson wins because they're the better team, then they're the better team. If Clemson wins not because they're the better team, but because Notre Dame can't "handle" the crowd, it follows that Clemson wasn't the better team.

So, which is really arrogant: to say that the crowd wins or loses the game, as some of the fans here seem to be suggesting, or to say that the team wins or loses the game, as Kelly is basically saying?

Good luck on Saturday; let both teams come through the game healthy and whole, win or lose.

What if we're the better team AND ND can't handle the crowd?***

Sep 29, 2015, 10:40 PM

Re: What if we're the better team AND ND can't handle the crowd?***

Sep 30, 2015, 9:51 AM

Then we win by 3+ tds

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's half way there, they got the snap signals down.

Sep 29, 2015, 5:51 PM

HTPH are they going to check down with the blood pouring out of their ears?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As Trump would say

Sep 29, 2015, 9:30 PM

they will have blood pouring out of their ears, eyes and wherever. ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2015, 7:01 PM

Heard the same crap from Dan Devine in 77. 55k were extremely loud that day.

Sep 29, 2015, 8:18 PM

We won then, too, didn't we? And then you came back and beat us at home. So much for the crowd's contribution.

Sorry to inform you that was over 35 years ago...

Sep 30, 2015, 8:33 AM

Things have changed.
Y'all will Crack under pressure & disturbance of the crowd.
ALTHOUGH, a great team can play through that noise & distraction to overcome it...when the team has experience & a real gelled connection, to where they're simply mostly go through the motions & don't have to think so hard about what's going on.
Hopefully, our crowd WILL make a huge difference & disrupt your Irish, giving us that storied Clemson home advantage.
I was at Tallahassee last year when we played there as well.
We did beat them in every manner up & down the field & statistically, but not on the final score board (and in OT). I can promise you that FSU is NOT as loud as Clemson’s Death Valley can be or typically is.
Y'all will learn this the hard way.

Please have your coach try to downplay the crowd factor even more, and have your players please talk some more trash!!!
That'll help...just not ND! ??

Go Tigers!
Send the Lepracan'ts to a deafening death in The Valley!!!!

(I've healed a saved my vocal chords & voice for 16 days, come game-time....my voice alone is bad news for the lucky charmers!)

Message was edited by: jbthe1tiger99®

Not that it's actually games played THIS season...

Sep 30, 2015, 8:40 AM

But the Leprecan'ts are 3-7 in this big tough loud games (that's not winning...)

We Will Rock You Guitar Riff Time Y'all!!!!!!

Sep 29, 2015, 7:17 PM

Make people in Knoxville and Asheville walk to their front door, open it, and say "Wut the Hayle is THAT?????"

..famous last words...

Sep 29, 2015, 7:49 PM

"...I don't know, I've never been there....."

Really??.....Kelly knows NOTHING about Death Valley's reputation????????????????

That was a professional and complimentary assessment of Clemson. Thanks Coach.

Sep 29, 2015, 7:41 PM

Now, go die in a hole ;)

Sep 29, 2015, 8:08 PM
bugs.jpg(16.3 K)

Of course.....

They were prepared for the Florida State crowd last year.

Sep 29, 2015, 8:17 PM

But they got beat! And now they're playing a freshman quarterback!

Re: They were prepared for the Florida State crowd last year.

Sep 29, 2015, 8:18 PM

fsu has a good crowd but it dont hold a candle to what will greet the irish on sat.

How do you prepare for 132.8 decibels & 84,00 rabid fans?

Sep 29, 2015, 9:43 PM [ in reply to They were prepared for the Florida State crowd last year. ]

http://www.stack.com/2014/09/12/loudest-college-football-stadiums/

Re: it's not the crowd you have to worry about

Sep 29, 2015, 9:40 PM

Notre "Dames" will have to worry about the Tigers. The "Iwish" have not seen a team yet like Clemson. Who have they played? Texas? A team in turmoil. Virginia? Really? Georgia Tech? Not hardly. Umass? A practice game to say the least. The only opponent that Clemson needs to see film on was when they played Virginia. When the dust settles the "Catholic Boys" will find out that they are pretenders not contenders.

Putting on his standard press face...

Sep 29, 2015, 9:50 PM

...going though all the motions but he seems rather clueless. I don't see him feeling it in his heart. They are all going to be blown away...one of those oh crap moments.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2015, 10:20 PM

Just like Oklahoma handled us in the Russell Athletic Bowl game...

I honestly don't think that they will be able to handle our speed and athleticism; they will be stunned just like Oklahoma...

Can't wait to see this game!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

~• Other than THAT Jackie, how was the parade? •~

it's cute he thinks that.

Sep 29, 2015, 10:22 PM

Challenge accepted.

Pillsbury Dough Boy is waaay to soon removed

Sep 29, 2015, 10:32 PM

from Central Michigan to be this smug.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

He quoted big games that they LOST!

Sep 30, 2015, 8:15 AM

"We played Florida State at home..." and lost!
"We played for a national championship..." at a neutral site and LOST!!
"We are used to these big games..." and losing them.

"We know how to handle crow noise..." we call it the fetal position!!

Get em Tigers!

Sep 30, 2015, 4:11 PM

I just hope the Tiger fans will show why it is hard to play at Death Valley...those guys don't have to play the fans...know my Tigers are going to be ready for the Irish. Tigers are great and they will roar. I believe we can beat them if we can do a better job on Kick-offs. Believe and Execute
Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic