Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Unpopular opinion incoming:re:dogs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 630

Unpopular opinion incoming:re:dogs

Jun 1, 2018, 8:44 AM

Wife's little holy terror that I have been waiting to kick the bucket, is about to. Lung tumors. 6 months.

Pretty sure I'm the only ### hole here that doesn't get all depressed and eats a bunch of cake while crying into a bottle when a dog passes. Even my lab that got ran over.

I see them as dogs. Not people. They are dogs. They are not my "fur babies"

I guess growing up around hunting dogs that were hunting dogs and not pets kept me from that.

Should I go to therapy?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Yes***

Jun 1, 2018, 8:47 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is there even a therapy FOR maniacal sociopaths?

Jun 1, 2018, 8:49 AM

I always thought you just had to live with that condition.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

probably***

Jun 1, 2018, 8:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I suggest you take up vaping.

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

How dare you***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My wife is exactly like you. I'm exactly like your wife.

Jun 1, 2018, 8:52 AM

Omitting very excellent gif opportunity here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should fu.ck***

Jun 1, 2018, 8:53 AM

Misspelled

Jun 1, 2018, 8:57 AM

swap. She's as cold a sociopath as they come.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not gonna lie

Jun 1, 2018, 8:59 AM [ in reply to We should fu.ck*** ]

I LOL'd

lol.

Jun 1, 2018, 9:00 AM

How do you feel about hooks?***

Jun 1, 2018, 9:04 AM [ in reply to My wife is exactly like you. I'm exactly like your wife. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Well, I know they're a pain in the ### to remove

Jun 1, 2018, 9:08 AM

Takes 4 shots of bourbon, some wire cutters and/or a pair of needle nosed pliers.

He gets it***

Jun 1, 2018, 9:09 AM

based on the info he got from his 'friend', I'm

Jun 1, 2018, 9:12 AM

knot surprised.

lol, "Knot Surprise" sounds like a good name for a hook.

No, I'm not into strumpets or trulls. Waste of $$$ really.

Jun 1, 2018, 9:59 AM

If that's where you were going. Why pay for what you can get for free?

i don't know those words, and i'm afraid to google them

Jun 1, 2018, 10:59 AM

...at work.

They're very old words used to label practitioners of the

Jun 1, 2018, 11:08 AM

world's oldest profession.

I'm started to think he doesn't get it.

Jun 1, 2018, 11:33 AM

FBCoachSC®

Oh Tiggity can get it***

Jun 1, 2018, 11:36 AM

Well look at the big macho macho man who thinks

Jun 1, 2018, 8:54 AM

providing examples of his lack of heart will impress us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's because your dogs hate you***

Jun 1, 2018, 9:01 AM

Dogs are smart.***

Jun 1, 2018, 4:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had a neighbor that trained champion bird dogs.....

Jun 1, 2018, 9:08 AM

If he went into field for training and dog didn't perform up to expectations the dog didn't come home. I'm in between. I love my dogs, but also understand they aren't people. Some good folks great them like their children. That's cool. Just remember dogs don't live but a short time. So you're setting yourself up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Knew a guy who raised hunting dogs. One of his dogs bit

Jun 1, 2018, 9:17 AM

my wife's cousin once. He immediately walked to his truck, got his gun, and shot the dog, right there. Threw him in the woods.

Guys I grew up with would

Jun 1, 2018, 9:18 AM

buy 10 new hunting dogs (deer dogs). Let them out. Those the took off into the woods for deer were kept. The ones who hung around the truck were rounded up, took to a field with a huge hole, shot in the head, and threw in the hole.

Reported for abuse

Jun 1, 2018, 9:51 AM

These stories are trash bro

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Well, with mine I could at least see the point. He bit a

Jun 1, 2018, 10:02 AM

child for no apparent reason. But yeah, simply because a dog won't hunt is jail time IMO.

I agree. It is ####. But these kinds of stories

Jun 1, 2018, 10:06 AM

are common place with the hunters around here. Like another post stated, it's almost cultural.

Then you have the majority of hunters around here who have a hunting dog that won't work. They try to give them away to a kid or family.

Old boss bought a squirrel dog from Tennessee for 2k. Wouldn't do ####, everybody picked on him for blowing money on a stupid purchase. He gave the dog to a kid that came in the store.

What breed of dog makes the best squirrel dog?*****

Jun 1, 2018, 10:12 AM

Tennessee blue tick dachshund***

Jun 1, 2018, 10:14 AM

That's funny. That's what I have I think.

Jun 1, 2018, 1:40 PM

I thought maybe, but I don't hunt squirrels. He will chase them all day though if I am in a place with them. Where I live there are none and he just chases lizards. He looked like this as a pup.

I have a Mountain Cur, widely considered to be one of the

Jun 1, 2018, 10:20 AM [ in reply to What breed of dog makes the best squirrel dog?***** ]

best squirrel dog breeds. Its cousins, the Black Mouth Cur and Catahoula Leopard Dog are both right up there with it.

https://www.certapet.com/mountain-cur-perfect-hunting-dog/

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never really understood squirrel dogs

Jun 1, 2018, 10:31 AM [ in reply to What breed of dog makes the best squirrel dog?***** ]

I see the point with ducks, obviously. And doves, quail, etc. I see also. Who wants to run all around the field picking up birds during a dove shoot. But squirrel dogs? Basically you're hunting squirrels solo. Second, there's no water to swim in to get them. You shoot them. They fall to the ground. You walk over and pick them up.

Totally unrelated side note:
One thing I've always wanted to do was go deer hunting like my great-grandfather did. On horseback with a shotgun. Walk through the woods, jump a deer, shoot it. Tie it off to the horse and drag it. I have a picture (1890's) of my great grandfather on a horse with two deer being drug on ropes behind it when coming back from a hunt. He had some huge horse and had been known to come back dragging up to three deer at times.

Why walk through the woods if you have a horse?***

Jun 1, 2018, 10:46 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

branches***

Jun 1, 2018, 10:47 AM

Ride the horse while the HORSE walks through the woods.

Jun 1, 2018, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Why walk through the woods if you have a horse?*** ]

Wasn't clear. My bad. It's weird though that if a man walks through the woods he will never see a deer, or at least not get close to one. They will jump and run long before he gets close enough for a shot. Horses, however, do not scare deer. You can walk right up on a deer on a horse and they won't run until you're almost on top of them.

I know, but sometimes you gotta grab the low hanging fruit***

Jun 1, 2018, 10:56 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are kinda like millennial kids.

Jun 1, 2018, 9:11 AM

They never leave home and are kinda whiny. But the good part is that they rarely go to jail or spend $100k for college.

I had hunting dogs as a kid

Jun 1, 2018, 9:17 AM

but I still cry when one of my pups dies. I hate it. Miss them. But I don't go overly crazy over it either. Have a good little cry or two and then move on. Get another dog, love it just as much, compare it to old dog constantly.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you have no soul

Jun 1, 2018, 9:23 AM

my wife's shitzoo, I agree whole heartedly. Im not sure why their last name is Zoo, but they got the first name right!

My first lab. Liver cancer at 12. broke my heart. got her as a wedding present and she was my best friend. Would hunt like a world champion. Curl up in the boat and keep me warm, sleep on the bed. When we brought out boys home, she slept under their cribs for the first week or so. Our whole family cried. I still miss her. I dug her grave in the back yard. Still go out and talk to her sometimes, and make sure her spot is always cut and weedeated nice.

I am not as attached to my current lab. She is a good dog, but can fill those shoes or the spot in the heart.

its cultural

Jun 1, 2018, 9:29 AM

Making assumptions about your upbringing based on where you live, I imagine that you could tell the cherished dogs by which one had the thickest chain tied to the cinderblock in the front yard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, Old Dan and Little Ann were hunting dogs so your

Jun 1, 2018, 9:35 AM

theory about hunting dogs doesn't hold water. Therapy will not help you, just hook some jumper cables do your nards.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see my dogs as buddies and not as kids.

Jun 1, 2018, 9:48 AM

Man's best friend. Just buds. Everyone that I know that hunts with their dogs still gets torn up when they pass away. I look after my dog because he needs it, not because he is my "kid". I enjoy dogs. I take my dog anywhere I can take him. In my lifetime I have had a Golden Retriever, Lab, Great Dane, Keeshond, a mut, and a Dachshund. I went small dog on this last dog because all dogs don't live long enough. I am crushed each time one passes. They're great.

i agree with this 100%***

Jun 1, 2018, 9:50 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're better off and need to stay that way.

Jun 1, 2018, 10:20 AM

We moved too much to keep a dog. My dad wouldn't allow a dog in the house. He said something about three children being enough animals to keep up with.

I got my first dog when I was 25. My aunt bred show class dobermans. She had a five gen male blue ribbon winner named Satan's Reflection who had several blue ribbon offspring. On one of our visits to her I viewed a litter of SR's pups. They were perfect even with their tails and ears intact. When she told me they'd bring $500 each I was stunned to silence.

She also told me the two black pups were spoken for and I should pick one out. I told here I couldn't justify paying that much and she shamed me by reminding me that she was my favorite aunt and I was her favorite nephew and either of those pups would be a gift. I picked out a red female, named her Cinnamon and asked Aunt Doodle not to cut her ears. She said I could come back and get the pup in four weeks.

I had that dog three months then my psyco ex ran her down like a dog in our quarter mile drive. To keep me from killing the ##### she called our preacher to break the news to me when I got home from work that day. I wept bitterly the entire time I was digging the grave. It traumatized me so intensely I haven't to this day sought a dog for companionship.

I still hate the bi1ch and love that dog.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something I once read in here

Jun 1, 2018, 10:25 AM

"If you have a couple of kids and a couple of dogs, that's about all you're ever going to have."

Re: Unpopular opinion incoming:re:dogs

Jun 1, 2018, 10:39 AM

I'm sorta with you on this one.

We always had cats growing up. Outside cats. Big, wild, unfixed cats. These things would fight, reproduce, and kill animals with incredible speed and ferocity. My mom probably ran over a dozen of them over the years, other animals killed some of them. We never really sweated it one way or another. Two cats in particular, we had for over a decade and I did "love" those two, I guess, but the others we didn't give two shiits about.

We had a purebred Dalmatian, Pepper, when I was little. We gave him away. All he would do was chew on the outside of the house, and hump my brother and me.

No other dogs until SarahAdidas and I got married. We got some sorry-asss rescue dog (MollyDogg) that was wild AF and eventually bit a kid on a bicycle. Lawsuit, the whole 9 yards. I hauled her to the pound that same day. The alternative was for me to put a bullet in her head and bury/dump her in the woods. I was somewhat upset, but I knew it had to be done. It was definitely NOT like getting rid of a child or close friend, but there were feelings involved; mostly fear about being sued and anger that I didn't get rid of the dog sooner.

Now we have a golden-doodle named Lula. She's sweet and I like her, but I wouldn't say that I love her.

We also have a few cats, and they're about 1 bad move from getting shot and fed to the pigs.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I did NOT see you having a golden doodle***

Jun 1, 2018, 11:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

seek help

Jun 1, 2018, 10:45 AM

My dog was never my “fur baby” but I sure did love how the mfer greeted me at the door when I came home

Yeah, he was a pain to have to wake up and let out after a long night and then wanting to be fed and let out again, but I miss that

Yes they are just dogs, but they become a part of your everyday existence and it’s a little sad when they leave it

yes.

Jun 1, 2018, 11:05 AM

Mr OSF also grew up around working dogs, not pets.

But our girls are his fur babies as much as mine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

for this particular issue, or your whole existence?***

Jun 1, 2018, 11:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't believe no one else has suggested this

Jun 1, 2018, 11:35 AM

KYS

Replies: 52
| visibility 630
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic