Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Amazed how few Mich folks think Clem's a threat to get Gary
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Amazed how few Mich folks think Clem's a threat to get Gary

Jan 29, 2016, 3:26 PM

Is it ignorance, arrogance (since they appear to have a lead), or is it just a total lack of respect for what we're capable of doing on the recruiting front?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Amazed how few Mich folks think Clem's a threat to get Gary

Jan 29, 2016, 3:28 PM

Delusions of grandeur.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2016, 3:29 PM

Not what I've seen. They're all chewing their finger nails off.

247 starting to report some really positive news for Clemson.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Jan 29, 2016, 3:37 PM

Tiger,

What site gives the best recruiting news in your opinion?

Jan 29, 2016, 3:38 PM

Tigernet

Not Tiger, but I will answer and he can confirm or deny

Jan 29, 2016, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Amazed how few Mich folks think Clem's a threat to get Gary ]

I have access to most all major recruiting sites. I pay for a couple, and a good buddy pays for a couple and we share usernames/passwords (we both pay for this one because of the forums are the best here). I see Tiger pulls info from different ones as well, so to me, it is a combination of them all. The best recruiting, and most accurate ratings in my opinion, is TI. Scout and ESPN have some ratings that are way off, and their stories are not that great. TCI neither of us go over there anymore after several stories have been proven false that they have ran. 247 has decent stories, but has some crazy rankings.

I stay here the most because I get more information here that is legit, than all the others combined because of the forums. This is kind of the filter between hogwash and reality when you get to know which posters know what is going on and those that do not. I have been here since the early 2000's (under a different name), and I left for a short period when I felt the mods would not clean the boards from coot trolls enough, but rejoined for the reasons mentioned, plus Dabo cleaned up the coot trolls for us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Must've just started cause I've not seen much on soc. media

Jan 29, 2016, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Amazed how few Mich folks think Clem's a threat to get Gary ]

Nor have I seen much from the national so called "recruiting analyst". I think maybe there's been 1 guy that even gave a chance a month ago. However, it's hard to pay too much attention to these guys though because certain groups push so hard for certain conferences to get the top guys (ie. ESPN and Scout for the SEC).

Jan 29, 2016, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Amazed how few Mich folks think Clem's a threat to get Gary ]

so 247 is accurate when it's good news for Clemson, but not when it's bad news for Clemson? Asking for a friend. TIA.

Didn't say I believed it.

Jan 29, 2016, 3:46 PM

Just stating they are reporting it and the Michigan guys are worried.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

it's both. Fans of old time powers like Michigan, OU, etc.

Jan 29, 2016, 3:39 PM

have inbred arrogance about the status of their programs and they are usually the types who do not watch CFB nationally. They are living off of glory, in some cases, of the 70's, 80's, and 90's. I am a retired Marine of 20 years service who has been around CFB fans all over the nation and it is staggering how many Michigan, Texas, Southern Cal, Oklahoma, Penn State fans, etc., actually believe that Clemson, Oregon, Michigan State, etc. are aberrations when they make major noise when in fact, those schools have actually PASSED them in recruiting, talent, and winning in the last decade. Those fools only watch one game a week, only read ESPN, etc., and live in the past to spout off their delusional thinking. The Clemsons of the world have to keep pounding their ##### for another 10 years to get into their heads and we all know it is coming. I laugh at their stupidity because it's comical to me. OU is still cleaning orange and purple paint off of their ##### and OSU got their taste too. Bama did not want another 5 minutes in that game with us and LSU probably gets cramps thinking about that 4th quarter. Screw Michigan and others like them. Clemson has arrived and the staffs around the nation do not want to see the PAW across the line of scrimmage, period.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said!................... Semper Fi, Bro!*****

Jan 29, 2016, 3:42 PM

Semper Fi back to you, brother***

Jan 29, 2016, 3:44 PM

Whoo "orngpurple"...love your take 110%!

Jan 29, 2016, 3:44 PM [ in reply to it's both. Fans of old time powers like Michigan, OU, etc. ]

GoTiGERS...just keep ROCKing!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1... and it's only going to get better.***

Jan 29, 2016, 3:45 PM [ in reply to it's both. Fans of old time powers like Michigan, OU, etc. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it's both. Fans of old time powers like Michigan, OU, etc.

Jan 29, 2016, 4:47 PM [ in reply to it's both. Fans of old time powers like Michigan, OU, etc. ]

Absolutely well said!! You need to go in the locker room. I think you could get our Cats fired up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Thanks....problem is my mouth, when fired up, has a tendency

Jan 29, 2016, 5:00 PM

to spew some rough language....I did two DI tours in the Corps and never got in any trouble except for profanity outdoors....indoors, well...lets just say that nobody cared. Outdoors in front of the world was a recipe for a visit to the COs office for a recalibration meeting with him and the SgtMaj, LOL. I dont think Dabo would approve, LOL.

Re: Thanks....problem is my mouth, when fired up, has a tendency

Jan 29, 2016, 5:06 PM

We'll get Dabo to go to the AD's office for some good reason. Jk great post

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 29, 2016, 7:59 PM [ in reply to it's both. Fans of old time powers like Michigan, OU, etc. ]

Amen brother.

Jan 29, 2016, 10:29 PM [ in reply to it's both. Fans of old time powers like Michigan, OU, etc. ]

Staffs of more national "traditional" powers especially do not like the Tiger Paw giving them stiff competition both on and off the field! Bobby Bowden understood recruiting starts a program and winning enhances recruiting which is something Dabo has taken to heart.

Go Tigers!

Jan 29, 2016, 6:22 PM

About 20% are freaking out... the other 80% feel like him going to UM is a done deal.

I think the 20% are realists... they know how good Dabo is. Add that with the nuclear bomb D'shawn Hand laid on the fan base (2 years ago?), there is definitely worry on that front.

I think the 80% are living off the high of having like 4-5 commits in the last few days and they feel like the recruiting is unstoppable at this point.

I will disclose that I am a Michigan fan, and subscribe to a few insider pages. However, over the last 4 years I have slowly become a closet Clemson fan. My inlaws are from Greenville so I have had it forced down my throat haha but I am a huge fan of Dabo as a coach and even more so as a person. I think Clemson won't skip a beat if they don't get Gary and will be right back in the National Championship next year... UM on the other hand, I think it will be more of a make or break in landing Gary.

Interested to see how this all shapes out

how will blueboarder arrogance effect gary's decision?

Jan 29, 2016, 6:29 PM

and somebody send this fortranic fossil a sarcastic emoji.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Arrogance... . This B1G expansion thread shows it.

Jan 29, 2016, 7:24 PM

They believe every school wants to be in their washed up conference.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/3etvf1/for_a_change_of_pace_lets_talk_b1g_expansion/

Maybe it's that one national championship since 1948***

Jan 29, 2016, 8:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been to several Michigan boards

Jan 29, 2016, 9:14 PM

and everytime someone posts something about how they have no need of worrying about Clemson, 5 other people educate them on Dabo, Brent,#1 defense last year, only team in the country with 4 bowl wins in a row, took Bama to the wire in the Natty, Dexter Lawrence, Christian Wilkins, Deshaun, Sammy, CJ, 2 first round picks last year, 3 this year.....etc, etc....

The smart money in Michigan is sweating bullets...

As it should be ;)

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic