Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There will be no vaccine.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 639

There will be no vaccine.

Jul 7, 2020, 9:36 PM

It ain't happening. If you're healthy go on with your life, be tested often if you interact with the elders or infirm and avoid them when you test positive. Take HCQ without reservation and enjoy the hail out of your summer. Enjoy life normally.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry ol man, i aint waiting in a 2 hour long...

Jul 7, 2020, 9:41 PM

drive thru line to stick a stick up my brain. I'll wear my own rubber

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the antibodies do die off...

Jul 7, 2020, 9:44 PM

It does seems counterproductive to protect oneself by sheltering in place so that we keep passing it around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There will be no vaccine.

Jul 7, 2020, 9:46 PM

We just gave Novavax something like1.4 or 1.6 billion to develop one. There must be some hope.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At first I believed it could be done.

Jul 7, 2020, 9:54 PM

Then I calmed down and remember it's a coronavirus. I presume it will go the way of the previous SARS virus. I just don't think a vaccine will happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree

Jul 8, 2020, 12:48 AM

it was kind of hard to do phase II testing with SARS viruses

Jul 8, 2020, 4:47 AM [ in reply to At first I believed it could be done. ]

because there was no SARS. Give 1000 people the vaccine and 1000 people don't get the vaccine and zero get SARS from either group.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no point in Boomers voting in this next election then,

Jul 7, 2020, 9:48 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw you, I'm going to bed.***

Jul 7, 2020, 9:55 PM

Re: Screw you, I'm going to bed.***

Jul 7, 2020, 10:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, I'm up now and...

Jul 8, 2020, 6:59 AM [ in reply to no point in Boomers voting in this next election then, ]

after sleeping on that comment I've decided not to decide whether to vote or not today.

China is vaccinating their soldiers***

Jul 8, 2020, 10:06 PM

Yes, but they are vaccinating them with HCQ.

Jul 8, 2020, 10:47 PM

It works, you dummy. How do you think the doctors and nurses have kept themselves well in such hostile situations? They use HCQ as a prophylaxis.

No they don't

Jul 9, 2020, 12:19 AM

China stopped using it months ago after they killed a few patients with it.

It's amazing how a drug that's been used for years

Jul 9, 2020, 12:26 AM

For lupus it has to build up in your system for a while

Jul 9, 2020, 12:39 AM

before it is effective in suppressing the immune system enough. The couple of people I know also take some sort of steroid and the quinolone is sort of a supplement to that treatment. Some of the deaths I've heard about were from higher doses, maybe from trying to make it effective faster.

It might work, but there hasn't been a scientific study that says so yet. And before somebody posts a bunch of non-scientific studies, please look up the definition.

Where's your 'scientific double blind study,' for evolution?***

Jul 9, 2020, 8:00 AM

Single-blind or double-blind doesn’t

Jul 9, 2020, 8:47 AM

make it scientific. Controls do. I said to look it up.

Okay this is the crap I’m talking about

Jul 8, 2020, 10:34 PM

I flipped a coin.

Jul 8, 2020, 10:48 PM

I've been more accurate than Fauci so I'm sticking with my methodology.

Re: I flipped a coin.

Jul 8, 2020, 10:52 PM

All science regarding an epidemic is theory.

Jul 8, 2020, 11:04 PM

They use science to formulate their theories but get wrapped up in their study and lose their common sense. That's intentional. If they gave us common sense answers they wouldn't be special.

Trump said the virus would burn away this summer. Half the nation thought he was nuts even though everyone knows from common sense that the sun kills germs. "Sunlight is the best disinfectant." Ever heard that? Ever hear anyone argue that it's not true? Well, you did when Trump said the virus would burn away.

Until science elaborated and confirmed that UV light kills virus science fans refused to agree with Trump. Even after confirming what he said they refuse to allow people to gather on the beaches. Our common sense tells that outside, in moving air, germs are diluted and the sun burns them away.

The left is so absorbed in science that you have to give the dumb sumbiches the formula for gravity and a calculator so they won't freak out about floating into space.

Re: All science regarding an epidemic is theory.

Jul 9, 2020, 8:35 AM

Was thinking the other day, what if this is a no-$shlt new thing that simply will not go away?

Has the world population gotten so large that we are at the beginning of nature doing it's thing and thinning the herd (of humans)?

At some point in our past a large percent of human population was self sufficient. Maybe small bands/tribes of people made themselves self-sufficient, but they were geographically independent from others.

Now what percent our population can live without Harris Teeter and electricity? Seems very small, at least in the US. There's almost no way for most of us to get off the grid, get away from other people, generally avoid contagious diseases, and *live* our life.

What's your favorite mad max movie? :)

I live very well without Harris Teeter.

Jul 9, 2020, 8:39 AM

The nearest one is 200+ miles away, so nature has forced me to adapt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Arizona is a hot and sunny place, particularly in the summer

Jul 9, 2020, 8:52 AM [ in reply to All science regarding an epidemic is theory. ]

Covid is spiking there.

UV-C is the light used as a disinfectant, but there is not much of it in the solar bandwidth. It is artificially generated. We use this light in some water treatment facilities - drinking and wastewater - to make sure that anything that might of found a chlorine free spot in the treatment area gets killed.

Did you just read that or

Jul 9, 2020, 9:06 AM

Are you a savant who would have the percent of UV-C in the solar spectrum permanently etched in your gray matter?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 639
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic