Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Al Jazeera America
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Al Jazeera America

Dec 25, 2014, 4:06 PM

Merry Christmas fellow Tigers,

I don't know if anyone else is familiar with this network Al Jazeera America. They do international and domestic news apparently. I had never heard of them until today when I was watching an interesting documentary about some lady named Doris Payne who is really good at stealing stuff. Anyway, during the commercials, they ran a commercial for a show they do called "Fault Lines". The commercial used a lot of adjectives to describe the show, like thrilling and intense. One of the other adjectives they used was "hard hitting", and when they said it they showed a brief clip of 2 Clemson football players at practice (or maybe during the orange/white game) going in for a tackle with each other. Anyway, I just thought it was really awesome that our program was included in a commercial that has nothing to do with football or Clemson. Clearly, the commercial producers were trying to find the best way to visually show the adjective "hard hitting", and the obvious answer was nothing is more hard hitting than those boys in Clemson! I tried to find the commercial online so I could post a link to it but was unsuccessful. I will continue to look for it and if I can find the link I will post. Have a very merry and safe Christmas everyone! Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Al Jazeera America

Dec 25, 2014, 4:08 PM

I was watching earlier and saw that...didnt know if my eyes were playing tricks on me...glad someone else saw it...

Dec 25, 2014, 4:13 PM

It's the news outlet for Al qaeda and Isis.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2014, 4:16 PM

No it's definitely not

Dec 25, 2014, 4:31 PM

Oh yes it is- just keep watching it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2014, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Al Jazeera America ]

U are completely wrong! it is the T/v network of muslim terrorist networks.. they hate the USA and they will do all the can to help osamaobama ruin this country

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2014, 5:14 PM

Bush thought of them as terrorist propaganda back after 9/11 and was trying to bomb them...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jazeera_bombing_memo

Dec 25, 2014, 6:32 PM

I think he was trying to bomb most anyone in that part of the world back then... However when you lump them all in one pile you end up with a mess like we have now.

Al Jazeera America is actually fairly objective.

Dec 25, 2014, 9:22 PM

They just give a more international perspective by including people from around the world on panels and stories, kind of in the same light as BBC or CNN International. There isn't any agenda that's being pushed; while there are different points of view presented, that we may find ridiculous, it is always counter argued. Its not like MSNBC where Al Sharpton can just spew nonsense and its never challenged. Its an interesting network, but they really kill themselves with the name Al Jazeera, b/c everyone automatically assumes its an outlet for Middle East propaganda when it's not.

^^^^^Baghdad Bob^^^^^***

Dec 25, 2014, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Al Jazeera America ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Rocket Scientists ! Al Jazeera and what they are ...

Dec 26, 2014, 12:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Al Jazeera America ]

But then again, if #### Cheney said they are terrorists, it must be true

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jazeera

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't really get that impression while watching

Dec 25, 2014, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Al Jazeera America ]

the network. Care to elaborate on how you reached this conclusion?

Re: I didn't really get that impression while watching

Dec 25, 2014, 4:20 PM

Being close minded about these sort of things. I don't even know if the American station or any of them are affiliated with Islam.

Dec 25, 2014, 4:25 PM [ in reply to I didn't really get that impression while watching ]

The parent company is owned by the ruling family of Qatar but is very critical of extremist actions and f

Dec 25, 2014, 4:26 PM

Doesn't push Islam as a religion though it may have a political agenda that is tied to Islam because of no separation between the state and religion

Dude he was just making a joke

Dec 26, 2014, 1:41 AM

Nm

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, from the little I've watched, NBC, ABC, et al could

Dec 25, 2014, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Al Jazeera America ]

learn a thing or 2 from Al Jezeera America.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2014, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Al Jazeera America ]

Uhhhh no it's not It's arguably the best news outlet in this country. It's very balanced, as opposed to outlets like Fox or MSNBC, which blatantly oush the agendas of their respective parties.

I prefer to get my news from Reuters or the AP but other than those I've found Al Jazeera to be the best other source.

Dec 26, 2014, 12:03 AM

Al-Jazeera is ok but I'd have to say RT is the best. They're just as unbiased, have great journalist and a lot of great original content.

Dec 26, 2014, 1:52 AM

You serious?

From my tv watching when overseas, I'd say Al Jazeera =

Dec 26, 2014, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Al Jazeera America ]

CNN, BBC, et al. Regular lefty outlook on the world.

Russia today does have more opinionated commentators who aren't all lefties. Although when I've watched they seem a bit young and unpolished. I prefer that to the standard crap, though.

Frankly, my judgment is that Americans are not hated, but occasionally America is, and CNN is the biggest contributor to that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2014, 4:26 PM

I hope you haven't seen the same topic on cockytalk. It's atrocious and the guy should be banned for being the most ignorant fan on the net. Don't read unless you can speak Gibberish.

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?s=34e05870088f9dd1b3400f47208a7d3b&p=4294075#post4294075

I think that poster should be banned from humanity.

Dec 25, 2014, 8:58 PM

The SC thing aside, his grammar is beyond sophomoric.

Dec 25, 2014, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Al Jazeera America ]

It's almost as if there's this whole branch of business and marketing that deals with having the brand promoted through media.

Oh wait. That's called PR. Cockytalk guy is an idiot.

it was a piece about head trauma in football.

Dec 25, 2014, 5:10 PM

do not want to be associated with it.

it was also formerly Current TV owned by AL Gore

Dec 25, 2014, 5:13 PM

and sold for a large sum of money.

Dec 25, 2014, 6:29 PM

Al Jazeera America offers unbiased, fact-based, in-depth stories of U.S. and international news, including sports, business, lifestyle and investigative journalism. In other words, Real News - not Faux News. It is the best News Network available. Bush 34 (W) bombed them because they were showing everything - not just the censored US military version of the attack on Iraq. They have a heavy emphasis on investigative journalism. Lots of documentaries unlike US News Networks which use the he said - she said modal or the "Republican say" system of Faux News. Many of their reporters are in jail in Arab countries because of their reporting. The BBC is also very good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who is 34***

Dec 25, 2014, 6:32 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently Dwight Eisenhower was bombing them.***

Dec 25, 2014, 8:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good grief, u are a wacko***

Dec 25, 2014, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Al Jazeera America ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My mom said the same when I questioned the rapture...

Dec 26, 2014, 12:06 AM

occurring in the next few days...

Dec 26, 2014, 12:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Al Jazeera America ]

60 posts since 1999 and this is one of them? Show some love for Islam why don't ya!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is what is good about Al Jazeera - (very long)

Dec 26, 2014, 7:37 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic