Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN is really clowning our schedule this morning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

ESPN is really clowning our schedule this morning

Nov 18, 2018, 8:47 AM

I have a feeling that this will be the national narrative all week. With BC losing to FSU, our SOS is really indefensible now. There really isn't one impressive win on our schedule. The Klatt's of the world will be all over us.

In the big picture it doesn't matter. We win and we're in, but be prepared to be be the butt of jokes this week. I won't be surprised if the committee drops us to #3 because of it, but then moves us back to #2 if we win the ACC Championship.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two folks on the Committee will probably

Nov 18, 2018, 8:50 AM

see to it that we remain where we are: Bobby Johnson and, yes, Frank Beamer. Interesting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two folks on the Committee will probably

Nov 18, 2018, 9:03 AM

I think Johnson is recused as far as we are concerned

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll give you 2 to 1 odds on the committee

Nov 18, 2018, 8:50 AM

dropping us to #3. Heck, I'll give you three to one odds. How much you wanna bet?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll give you 2 to 1 odds on the committee

Nov 18, 2018, 8:58 AM

dropping us to #3. Heck, I'll give you three to one odds. How much you wanna bet?

Honestly, what difference does it make if we are two or three? Win and we are in

it makes no difference, but there is zero chance

Nov 18, 2018, 9:05 AM

we will drop this week. Why would we? We stomped Duke. ND beat cuse after cuse lost their QB. We lost our first 2 QBs and still beat cuse with our 3rd string that had never really played before. They don't drop you because early in the game your D gave up a FG or two or because your offense sputtered on a few plays and then responded soundly.

Nov 18, 2018, 9:10 AM [ in reply to I'll give you 2 to 1 odds on the committee ]

Finebum had us 6th. We are penalized for scheduling 2 EsecPN teams that suck and Alabama and UGA get more credit for beating EsecPN teams that suck. Yeah the rest of the ACC as a whole sux too.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 9:30 AM

djones73 said:

Finebum had us 6th. We are penalized for scheduling 2 EsecPN teams that suck and Alabama and UGA get more credit for beating EsecPN teams that suck. Yeah the rest of the ACC as a whole sux too.

When did Finebomb get added to the committee? He’s not so his opinion means no more than my opinion.

Here’s mine

Clemson
Bama
UMich
ND

everyone knows finebaum is an SEC homer

Nov 18, 2018, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: I'll give you 2 to 1 odds on the committee ]

Nobody respects his opinion. he's just a media troll (I'm trying to be nice here)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finebaum Smokes Poles***

Nov 18, 2018, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: I'll give you 2 to 1 odds on the committee ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2018, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: I'll give you 2 to 1 odds on the committee ]

Finebaum has us 6th because he knows we can beat his beloved Alabama. Doesn’t want that to happen.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN is really clowning our schedule this morning

Nov 18, 2018, 8:58 AM

All I can say is we covered our spread. Look at all the other chokes including meechigan. Great win over a pitiful Indiana team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The media are impotent clowns

Nov 18, 2018, 9:02 AM

The CFP committee relegated the AP poll to a meaningless popularity contest. In college football, media opinion literally doesn't matter. It signifies nothing of merit. So, they race each other for the hottest of the hot takes.

And at a time when the question should be "How good is Alabama when it was TIED with The Citadel at Halftime?" the question will invariably be "Can Notre Dame pass Clemson?" Why? Because ESPN benefits from protecting its SEC products. Their narrative is financially driven. ESPN is owned by Disney, who is in turn owned by their stockholders, who in turn require all leaders to drive revenue.

From my perspective, I am beyond thrilled that we will very likely get our 4th invitation to the CFP. All anyone can ask for is a puncher's chance to win it all. And you can't get that unless you make that final 4. So, I couldn't care less what ESPN or anyone in the media think. And, I couldn't care less if we're ranked 1, 2, 3 or 4. It may be fun to debate our ranking, but the fact is we'll have to win 2 in a row to claim the crown. ESPN can't stop us.

Please.

Nov 18, 2018, 9:03 AM

Clemson is not going to drop "a spot". I'm assuming Tnetters are paying too much attention to Espn this morning like every other day right? Let the talking heads talk. Top 4 WILL NOT CHANGE this week SINCE ALL 4 WON!

Re: ESPN is really clowning our schedule this morning

Nov 18, 2018, 9:06 AM

So? Who cares? We win out and we go to the playoff and see what happens there.

Why do we still care what people say about us?

Nov 18, 2018, 9:31 AM

I thought that went out the window a few years ago.

Re: Why do we still care what people say about us?

Nov 18, 2018, 9:51 AM

Have you not seen the hundrends of posts about ESPN from way-too-sensitive fans? It didn’t stop a few years ago. If anything it is escalating.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic