Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: ESPN host tweets about Clemson-Syracuse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Football Update: ESPN host tweets about Clemson-Syracuse

Oct 2, 2013, 4:08 PM

ESPN host tweets about Clemson-Syracuse

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESECPN is just dying to have a reason to say "pull a clemson***

Oct 2, 2013, 4:10 PM

Re: ESECPN is just dying to have a reason to say "pull a clemson***

Oct 2, 2013, 7:41 PM

Realistically, this worries me as well. Syracuse will be sky high. And they have some players. This to me, a very dangerous game for us. Especially with the mediocre play of our OL. They are probably a better team than N.C. State, and when I hear people talking about our game against Fla. State, it scares the he$$ out of me. We lose to Syracuse, and the Fla. State game will be next to meaningless.

Oct 2, 2013, 7:58 PM

Not true. If there's a meaningless game in the context of the ACC race, it's this one... By that I mean, if we were to lose this game and beat FSU, we're in the driver's seat thanks to the tiebreaker. With that said, we still have to go to Virginia and Maryland. A ton of football to play.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2013, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Re: ESECPN is just dying to have a reason to say "pull a clemson*** ]

Wow! Have you heard any of the team members or staff take this game lightly? Me either. This team is business this year. Granted it will be a hostile environment. It almost always is. Don't forget, we have great players, too, and I would bet that we have more than they. I'm sure this will be no easy win, but it certainly should be a win. JMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just look at his pulse - tells you ALL you need to know.***

Oct 3, 2013, 9:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Just look at his pulse - tells you ALL you need to know.***

Oct 3, 2013, 11:41 AM

I saw the pulse, and I know that is a good indicator, but I couldn't resist the dig. Anybody who doesn't see the improvement we've made is not much of an observer of the game, delusional or an obvious coot, but I repeat myself.

Just curious - what players do they have?

Oct 3, 2013, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: ESECPN is just dying to have a reason to say "pull a clemson*** ]

Nobody I've ever heard of. Talent-wise the game is a complete mismatch. Their only hope is adrenaline and emotion (and turnovers).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is this true for the Oregon/Colorado game too?

Oct 2, 2013, 4:11 PM

and BAMA/Georgia St?

or just Clemson?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: is this true for the Oregon/Colorado game too?

Oct 2, 2013, 4:14 PM

just clemson. and fowler is an arrogant hack too. cant stand his smarmyness

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smarmy....I'm writing that down******

Oct 2, 2013, 7:48 PM

Re: smarmy....I'm writing that down******

Oct 3, 2013, 8:34 AM

A great word. I have used it many times in reference to the King of Smarm, spurlid.

'Cuse players certainly sound like they believe Clemson...

Oct 2, 2013, 4:16 PM

...players are nothing but pure garbage.

If I were Swinney, Venable, and Morris, I'd make sure EVERY Clemson player knows EXACTLY what Syracuse thinks of them.

Best to go into this one ready to do "Battle" (pun intended for Isaiah) with a devil on one shoulder and a major chip on the other.

Take absolutely NO PRISONERS away from the Carrier Dome. Lighten the load on the way home.

All Business, no playing around with these yankees.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: 'Cuse players certainly sound like they believe Clemson...

Oct 2, 2013, 7:44 PM

Amen. I hope that crap has been posted all over the locker room. Ir this doesn't tick our players off, then they should check their pulse.

Tell 'em coot***

Oct 3, 2013, 9:02 AM

The media isn't ready for a legit threat to the SEC

Oct 2, 2013, 4:18 PM

It is too hard for them to put two and two together. When was the last time you could pencil in a SEC school to the SEC championship game with a non-conference loss already?

Re: Football Update: ESPN host tweets about Clemson-Syracuse

Oct 2, 2013, 4:20 PM

Fowler obviously isn't paying any attention to the smack talk Cuse is doing and others thinking this is going to be an upset. Idk what huge % of people he is referring too, sounds like he's just talking out of #### and hoping it goes the other way. What a stiff!

Read the tweet, he is marketing the game. Recruiting viewers***

Oct 2, 2013, 4:21 PM

yep***

Oct 3, 2013, 7:57 AM

Re: yep***

Oct 4, 2013, 6:13 AM

WELCOME TO LIFE AT THE TOP!, TEAMS BETTER & HAS TO BE READY FOR ANY TOP 5 TEAMS OR IT WILL GET UGLY VERY QUICK, MANY WILL BE WATCHING FOR YOU TO FALL SO THAT THEY CAN MOVE UP OR GET BACK WHAT THEY FEEL THEY DESERVES, A 3:30PM TV SLOT NEEDS THE HYPE, SO MEDIA MUST SELL THE GAME WITH WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO GET A BIG RATING. SORRY, IT COME WITH THE PROGRAM WHEN YOU WINNING OR AT THE TOP. OBJECTIIVES AND PURPOSE IS FOR EVERY TEAM TO WIN EACH GAME THROUGHOUT THE SEASON. NO TEAM LOOKS TO LOSE, NOT FROM A COACHES STANDPOINT, OR HE BETTER KEEP OR FIND ANOTHER DAY JOB. IN THE BOXING WORLD BEFORE A HIGH PROFILE MATCH, YOU GET THIS ALL THE TIME FOR RATING PURPOSE. STILL, EACH OPPONENT BETTER BRING THERE A GAME.

Message was edited by: oldschtiger70®

Fowler is such a tool***

Oct 2, 2013, 4:48 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is indeed!***

Oct 2, 2013, 11:47 PM

Just trying to get more viewers to tune in.

Oct 2, 2013, 4:55 PM

Fowler has ranked us at 3 on his ballot ever since we beat UGA, so he does respect us a little more than some of his colleagues.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

Fowler is great, always has been***

Oct 2, 2013, 5:01 PM

Used to be good...

Oct 2, 2013, 5:07 PM

...now he's a conforming tool.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Conforming to what, exactly?

Oct 2, 2013, 5:16 PM

As a college football fan, I really can't understand any animosity towards either Fowler or Herbstreit-- they're two of the best in the business. Enjoy their work throughout the season, it's first class.

We really did a number on Herbstreit back in 2007. He

Oct 2, 2013, 11:57 PM

had us pegged, with enthusiasm, as the best 1-loss team in America following our showing against Ga. Tech the prior Saturday night as the Gameday host. Later that Thursday night, we got our @%%es handed to us by Va. Tech.

It's taken guts for him to come back around, but he knows this program is different these days and we're showing up with a desire to win, on top of the talent we've always had. He seems to be pretty fair all around that I can see when it comes down to it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: ESPN host tweets about Clemson-Syracuse

Oct 2, 2013, 5:54 PM

Fowler is a guy that pays attention to what "the experts" think and say. My take is this is a veiled betting advice tweet. Saying a reason to watch for those that may lay down a dollar or two on it.

Could be wrong, but I think he's playing with words for the gamblers out there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last Time I Checked......

Oct 2, 2013, 10:41 PM

As far as the betting line goes the public is on Syracuse.

There's a lot of money in NY state. They know Syracuse has

Oct 3, 2013, 12:03 AM

pulled off some big ones in their dome, it's close to home, and 13 points is within two TD's. Emotion and cool bets from a much larger pool is keeping the line where it is and more dough on Syracuse's side.

Clemson's winning margin will be either within 7 points or greater than 20.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

STOP already!***

Oct 3, 2013, 8:47 AM

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic