Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who has played their best football?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,482

Who has played their best football?

Oct 9, 2018, 10:12 AM

Coach Swinney said "not many teams play their best football early in the season."

Who could we say is fully developed at this point in the season? Bama? Not sure there is one...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

in theory all teams should get better each week***

Oct 9, 2018, 10:17 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Teams that lack depth tend to get worse as injuries and fatigue

Oct 9, 2018, 10:24 AM

accrue over the course of the season.

West Virginia, for example, is a team that absolutely cannot afford any significant injuries this year.

Or Clemson's secondary.

Oct 9, 2018, 10:25 AM

We lose a couple of safeties and we don't even have backups.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I take it you missed the Mizzou/$CU game Saturday

Oct 9, 2018, 10:25 AM [ in reply to in theory all teams should get better each week*** ]

If that's was the improved version, both programs are in A LOT of trouble.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I have ... 7th grade ... nosetackle ... I was unblockable

Oct 9, 2018, 10:27 AM

in practice against the 5th graders.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t believe you.***

Oct 9, 2018, 10:30 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ask Brett Kavanaugh ... he was there.***

Oct 9, 2018, 10:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See your point, but I think Alabama is much closer to their ceiling than we are.

Oct 9, 2018, 10:29 AM

That’s not s negative for Alabama. It is a double edged sword for Clemson. Good news is room to be a lot better. Bad news why do we get there later each year it seems than an Alabama? We obviously have some young folks at qb, dB etc. plus we get alot of reps for our depth players. But other teams have met their asymptotes (math nerds feel free to correct my terminology), while we still have a gap to close.

Probably because our coach isn't a humorless robot

Oct 9, 2018, 10:50 AM

who leaves his starters in during blowouts to make them practice plays he feels like they screwed up earlier in the game.

Dabo's philosophy is to develop the whole team against live competition. One objective is to keep players fresh and free from injury. Another is to show top recruits that they are going to play regardless of who is ahead of them as long as they do what is asked in practice. It's nice to be able to blur the lines between 1st, 2nd and 3rd string. It takes a lot of talent but we happen to have that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. I wouldn’t change our coach for the world. Just ?

Oct 9, 2018, 11:11 AM

We are almost injury free at this point, a lot of younger players have meaningful reps, and Trevor is just going to keep getting better and the play between him and receivers as far as knowing what the other person is going to do etc is gonna get better. So we will be a much better team at the end of the year than we were two weeks ago. The wf game we made a good number of mistakes yet still showed our potential.

Tnet coaching been good***

Oct 9, 2018, 10:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tnet coaching been good***

Oct 9, 2018, 1:27 PM

But admit it, good but not great. If we Tnet coaches don't start to show our potential, we will be left out.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,482
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic