Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm a true Clemson fan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 110
| visibility 1

I'm a true Clemson fan

Sep 17, 2015, 10:33 AM

If we was to play the number 1 team in the nation and all of our fans say we're not gonna win we're gonna get beat. I would tell them they wrong and tell them Clemson gone win because I believe in my team. For the next couple of years we're gonna be a great team and I'm gonna always feel like we're unstoppable no matter who we play. I just believe in my team.#ibleedorange#truefan# Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome

Sep 17, 2015, 10:34 AM

but hashtags don't really work on a message board.

dang bo i no what yure saying because i got a buddy who

Sep 17, 2015, 10:39 AM

always say we gone lose an im like how are you a tiger bo? an then when we win he act like he new it all along an he put his tiger flags on his F150 an ride around like he a fan. it maid me so mad that i slashed his tires but when he asked if i new who did it i was like no it was probably some gamecock an then he went an beat up his gamecock naybor lolol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thumbs up for how hard that was to read.

Sep 17, 2015, 11:16 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

I just Hall O Famed you Bro***

Sep 17, 2015, 1:51 PM [ in reply to dang bo i no what yure saying because i got a buddy who ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cool story, bo***

Sep 18, 2015, 9:35 AM [ in reply to dang bo i no what yure saying because i got a buddy who ]

Something tells me you didn't go to Clemson.

Sep 17, 2015, 10:41 AM

Therefore, you're not a true fan.

in my opinion

Sep 17, 2015, 10:43 AM

you can still be a true (football) fan without attending CU.

Re: in my opinion

Sep 17, 2015, 10:49 AM

Lots of folks on here never attended the university .
Some , you can tell right away by what they may write ...and some you would never have believed if you were told that they didn't attend .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Trust me,

Sep 17, 2015, 10:57 AM

I'm one of the biggest Clemson fans around, not just football, but in every aspect. They didn't have my major, so I had to go elsewhere. That doesn't make me any less of a Clemson fan though.

I was accepted to the school and almost went for a different major JUST to be at Clemson, but I knew I would be in a much better place to go to a different school who had a great program in the major I wanted, so that's what I did. That won't prevent me from going to 4 home games this year though!

Go Tigers!

null

Real fans go to Clemson and go to all the home games***

Sep 17, 2015, 11:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...this whole debate is humerous.

Sep 17, 2015, 11:15 AM

Everyone knows the real fans are in the Tiger Brotherhood. We, I mean, they, just have that special glow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL...this whole debate is humerous.

Sep 17, 2015, 4:30 PM

Reel Tiger fans have a special walk and talk You can goes anywhere in da wurld and spot a reel tiger fan just by how he walk Then if in doubt you nose in and listen to them talk They talk special that is how you no .

how could someone be a true fan and NOT have attended

Sep 17, 2015, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Real fans go to Clemson and go to all the home games*** ]

Clemson?
I mean, you could I guess be a bandwagon football or _________(insert sport here) fan. You may even like the university.

But a real fan? Not possible.

So Clemson Tom isn't

Sep 17, 2015, 11:32 AM

a real fan?

Especially not him. Never set foot on campus as a student

Sep 17, 2015, 11:37 AM

and yet tries to reap financial gain from our beloved school while making a mockery of her with those inane drunken videos. Shameless.

Re: Especially not him. Never set foot on campus as a student

Sep 17, 2015, 11:49 AM

well at least he stopped making the videos. I know several people who weren't students, but have seasons through IPTAY - I like to look at it from the other end of the spectrum. No they may not be true fans, but they do make up a large portion of the fanbase and I respect that.

He stopped making the videos?

Sep 17, 2015, 11:56 AM

Thank you sir, you just improved my day greatly. point for you.

he wrote on twitter this morning

Sep 17, 2015, 11:59 AM

that this was the first "big game" he hasn't made a video for yet. Lets hope it continues.

Obed has it correct, same goes for Brazzy B

Sep 17, 2015, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Especially not him. Never set foot on campus as a student ]

Not a grad=not a real fan. Everyone knows this deep down inside.

agree to disagree

Sep 17, 2015, 12:11 PM

and Im a grad.

Re: So Clemson Tom isn't

Sep 17, 2015, 12:02 PM [ in reply to So Clemson Tom isn't ]

What about Brazzy B ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

My dad went to a small liberal arts school in VA, but my mom

Sep 17, 2015, 12:22 PM [ in reply to how could someone be a true fan and NOT have attended ]

went to Clemson. Based on the two, you would think it was the other way around. My dad loves CU and gives lots of money to the university... some in tuition costs for his sons, but also to IPTAY as a basketball and football season ticket holder.

He is as real a Clemson fan as it gets. People who think you can only be a Clemson fan if you graduated can shove it. We don't need that kind of elitist attitude. I am a proud graduate, but welcome any person nationwide to partake in cheering for our team.

elitist

Sep 17, 2015, 12:37 PM

is watching Frank Tomera on a Tuesday night in front of literally dozens of fans. This is how real fandom is shaped. Nothing against your dad, but he didn't have to spend part of his college career cheering on Billy Luckie did he?

no, he spent his college career cheering on Steve Fuller

Sep 17, 2015, 12:58 PM

his buddy from Spartanburg High School. And he was down in Clemson visiting my mom most weekends.

So choosing to go to a public university and not going to

Sep 17, 2015, 12:43 PM [ in reply to My dad went to a small liberal arts school in VA, but my mom ]

some fancy niche private school and then cherry-picking my fandom makes ME elitist?

Anyone can be a supporter, but it takes skin in the game to be a REAL FAN.

and by "skin in the game", he's talking about

Sep 17, 2015, 12:54 PM

attending college, not the things married folks do to create future Clemson students.

I agree with the guy though, we should welcome all supporters. And remember they are just that...supporters and not REAL fans.

No elitists are made by thinking that you can only be a real

Sep 17, 2015, 1:01 PM [ in reply to So choosing to go to a public university and not going to ]

"fan" by being a graduate of Clemson. My ring on my finger gives me no more right to be a fan of Clemson than anyone else.

agreed. We aren't talking about fan rights here we are

Sep 17, 2015, 1:05 PM

talking about REAL fans vs general fans aka supporters.

I don't see the purpose in creating the dichotomy***

Sep 17, 2015, 1:09 PM

It actually does give you more of a right though

Sep 17, 2015, 1:29 PM [ in reply to No elitists are made by thinking that you can only be a real ]

I'm sorry, but if you haven't ever taken a PHD (Post Harcombe Dump) at Clemson, you just don't know what the university is about.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So choosing to go to a public university and not going to

Sep 17, 2015, 2:02 PM [ in reply to So choosing to go to a public university and not going to ]

That has to be the single dumbest argument I've ever heard. Assuming your being 100% serious. You don't wanna see that team win any more than I do. You don't scream and cheer and get pissed off when they lose any more than I do. Your degree from Clemson university isn't a football degree. If you don't invest time, (outside of attending games) sweat, or anything to do with the team that argument is null. You attend to get a degree for YOURSELF, not for a team. So fans of pro teams are just supporters? Cause the Falcons, or Bulls or Braves don't have a university. I'd love to see you argue that with several older gentleman I work with who didn't attend Clemson university but haven't missed a home game in 30+ years. They were in Miami in 1981 cheering on the Tigers. So no, you or anybody else aren't bigger or more true fans than them or me. My wife graduated from CU in 2008 and she rarely watches games on TV much less in DV. My dad, uncle and several good friends of mine went there and they don't keep up with any of it, they ask me the latest on news or recruiting. My dad hasn't been to a game in 15 years. My uncle went to a game 2 years ago and that was the first time since 1995. You have zero argument.

You sound like a great supporter and patron of Clemson.

Sep 17, 2015, 2:09 PM

The reason I'm a true fan is that I sat through those classes in Martin Hall. I LIVED IN JOHNSTONE AND BREATHED AND SMELLED THE BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS AND URINE OF THOSE THAT CAME BEFORE ME!

When I am called to be a corporate speaker, you know what it says in my bio? IT SAYS GRADUATED SUMMA ### LAUDE FROM CLEMSON UNIVERSITY! It doesn't say Francis Marion, it doesn't say Lander, IT SAYS CLEMSON BY-GOD UNIVERSITY! That's PR that I couldn't provide without my Clemson diploma.

These are all things that a lot of people wouldn't get. So yes, enjoy our university. We welcome you. We're glad to have you here and appreciate you spending money on tickets, and we love having you and your family as supporters.

Re: You sound like a great supporter and patron of Clemson.

Sep 17, 2015, 2:33 PM

Your crossing two things into one. Smelling other people's pee and sleeping in a dorm and attending classes benefits YOU. That diploma has your name on it. It has NOTHING to do with a football team. You didn't study football, you didn't cut the grass at the stadium. Your diploma benefits you and your personal life. Your college tuition funded the university, not athletics. So no, your 100% wrong. You didn't pick CU because of the football team, you picked it for an education to benefit you. You need to look up the definition of a fan, because it's totally different from the definition of a graduate. You might have a greater love for a town, or a dorm, or a cafeteria or library, but not for a team. Terrible argument. If it makes you feel better, than so be it. But it doesn't make you a better or bigger fan than me. Sorry.

some mainly not very solid points, but good effort

Sep 17, 2015, 2:40 PM

again the discussion is about REAL fans. Not the size of the fan.

If you are a big fan, i applaud you. But you need to be a grad to be a real fan.

And BTW I did study football. And grass, but not the kind that needs to be cut in the stadium you nomesayin?

Keep supporting the tigers though. All of us grads appreciate it!

Re: some mainly not very solid points, but good effort

Sep 17, 2015, 2:47 PM

It embarrasses me that there is such arrogance among our fans base. I'm glad my wife or any of my friends or family don't act like yall. It takes a special arrogant jerk to make the comments some of yall have made. Sadness.

sorry if arrogant, didn't intend it that way

Sep 17, 2015, 2:52 PM

I prefer to call it "connected"...not arrogant.

Again, my apologies. And go tigers!

I finally caught on that Obed and Donjuan are trolling hard

Sep 17, 2015, 2:54 PM

Don't get caught up in their comments... they are just trying to rile people up.

Not shure what you mean by "trolling hard" but if I even com

Sep 17, 2015, 2:57 PM

e across one of them in real life, I will slap the bow-tie right off their necks. It's people like that who make us working class people look bad. Just because we weren't borned with a golden rod in our hands doesn't mean we cannot have what you have. IT'S THE AMERICAN DREAM.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

chase that dream, sir and pull for your tigers***

Sep 17, 2015, 2:59 PM

bowtie? not here

Sep 17, 2015, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Not shure what you mean by "trolling hard" but if I even com ]

Tom Ford Black Beaver Fur Coat would be more like it. And don't get so aggressive there fella, there was a time 30+ years ago where I had a hard time affording things to.

Best I remember, I just kept working hard and kept my faith in the lord. I encourage you to do the same.

No hard feelings brother....in fact, you are welcome to come

Sep 17, 2015, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Not shure what you mean by "trolling hard" but if I even com ]

by my tailgating spot underneath the North stands and have a beer on me. You'll probably need it after that walk from the Botanical garden. T-mail me for the spot number. cheers and go tigers!

I WOULD NEVER GO TO YOUR SPOT TO TAILGATE

Sep 17, 2015, 3:09 PM

You probably don't even have banquet beers available and the North stands is WAAYYY out of the way because I am a true fan and sit in the SOUTH Stands with the REAL tigers. It may be the upper deck, but at least it is the South, not the North with the other Yankees.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, no worries, the offer is still open.

Sep 17, 2015, 3:10 PM

When's our next game anyway?

our parking area is not without problems as well

Sep 17, 2015, 3:15 PM [ in reply to I WOULD NEVER GO TO YOUR SPOT TO TAILGATE ]

I've been working with Dan R and others on this....

Walking from the AOC around to the south stands, then around to enter between sections E and F, and THEN having to go down several steps to get to row G isn't easy.

Yes the parking is good but we've been hoping to just cut across the 50 to get to our seats. Right now it looks like they may just pick the stadium up and give it a half turn in order to accommodate us, which seems like a lot of trouble to me.

"steps"....LOL

Sep 17, 2015, 3:17 PM

That's nothing....try waiting in a line 10 deep to catch the next elevator to the boxes. Then when my son, Chaz, says he wants some ice cream, I send one of the worker people off to get some, and they come back with these stupid frozen dots.

See, that's why I debate on actually using my WEZ seats

Sep 17, 2015, 3:24 PM

I have 8 together but usually it's just me, one of my girlfriends, and a college buddy (fellow grad) or two. Can't make sense of sitting in the WEZ because we never need all 8 seats.

The advantage of the WEZ though is I can have one of my workers take ice cream up there for me the day before the game and that way I get my favorite kind AND don't have to wait in line, let alone eat those nasty kids DOTS things.

Normally we just use the 4 on the 50 though.

Maybe if I actually sold the 8 in the WEZ I could donate the money to a good cause, like helping some of the poors get seat backs or something.

They aren't booing - they're saying OOOOOOBBEEDDDDDD !!!

Sep 17, 2015, 3:26 PM [ in reply to "steps"....LOL ]

Troll HOF thread here.

Nice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

not exactly sure what you mean and I don't know this obed

Sep 17, 2015, 2:58 PM [ in reply to I finally caught on that Obed and Donjuan are trolling hard ]

guy. I'm just a passionate and real fan of the tigers. Sometimes I get carried away though.

all of your posts are arrogant

Sep 18, 2015, 10:08 AM [ in reply to sorry if arrogant, didn't intend it that way ]

you are ignorant.

You ever camped out to get student tickets for a

Sep 17, 2015, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: You sound like a great supporter and patron of Clemson. ]

Larry Shyatt coached game?

Ever let Iker Iturbe cheat off your Speech 101 test so he could keep his grades up?

Ever let Nealon Greene ride to Jacksonville with you because he missed the team bus to the Gator Bowl?

Ever sit in front of Mauldin Hall and whistle at girls with Emory Smith?

That's the stuff REAL FANS do...you can't buy it, you can't sell it, you just have to be there.

Thank you for your support.

Ever given Adrian Dingle a ride on a scooter?

Sep 17, 2015, 2:51 PM

Ever smack one of Kyle Freeman's layups off the glass in Fike?

Ever try to break up a fight between Kris Benson and a 300lb football player?

Doug Thomas been to a keg party at your place?

Huh?

Ever beat Dexter McCleon in Bill Walsh '94? Been crossed up by Lou Ritchie in a 3v3 tourney in the quads?

All you non grads can't even relate to this kind of stuff.

Sorry be abrasive here....I really sincerely do appreciate ALL tiger supporters. There is a difference between real fans (grads) and supporters though and us real fans (grads) spent in some cases nearly 6 years EARNING the pride we now show.

Wanna know what it is (besides the diploma)? It's however far you walk from your parking spot until you reach the Avenue of Champions on gameday. Small difference with BIG impacts.

I became a true Clemson fan

Sep 17, 2015, 4:34 PM

the day that parking services towed my car from the Brooke Center parking lot as I was in the library late at night with a group for a project.

true, and you get extra points for keeping up with the

Sep 17, 2015, 4:40 PM

non-revenue sports.

I don't mean to be condescending, but this kind of

Sep 17, 2015, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: You sound like a great supporter and patron of Clemson. ]

attitude is why I've been promoting alumni porta potties and parking lots. We've already paid our dues to Clemson, I don't see why we have to share with the masses.

welp, we should have pointed out that not all graduates are

Sep 17, 2015, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: So choosing to go to a public university and not going to ]

real fans. I mean, you have to like the team and cheer them on AND be a graduate.

Sounds like you know a lot of good supporters. Tell them to keep up the good work!

Whoa, just because I couldn't afford Clemson or any real

Sep 17, 2015, 2:17 PM [ in reply to So choosing to go to a public university and not going to ]

colleje and went to Trident Tech for one semester doesn't mean Im not a real fan. I mean, TTC doesn't have football so I am a REAL fan of Clemson. I donate $350 per year to Clemson and park in Lot 13 just like all the other real fans and I wear my purple Chaps polo and scream and Woo Hoo and do all the things real fans do. I scarafice alot to afford tickets and drive all 6 kids up here for the games and thank GOD my second wife comes along to watch them while I'm in the game. I consider myself A REAL fan and not you uppity Mustang-drivin Upper Class White Collar (no-racist) Business Men are just a checkbook to the football team that we all love and support. Obed, you can shove it and suck on these chinese nuts.

I'm sure yall are great fans.

Sep 17, 2015, 1:11 PM [ in reply to My dad went to a small liberal arts school in VA, but my mom ]

But I think we were talking about true fans.

Right....we aren't trying to be disrespectful. It's like

Sep 17, 2015, 1:14 PM

being a member of a country club vs being a guest. Both of you can drive up to the clubhouse and walk around and admire the grounds, but only one can schedule a tee time.

WELL SOME OF US DON'T GOLF WE HAVE MORE IMPORATNBT THINGS

Sep 17, 2015, 2:29 PM

TO DO WITH OUR TIME LIKE PUTTING IN SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS AT THE JOBSITE SO WE CAN AFFORD SOME TICKETS AND THAT IPTAY DONATION

#REALFANS

We're getting into circular logic now.

Sep 17, 2015, 2:30 PM

With a Clemson diploma you wouldn't have to work weekends. It's like a chicken vs egg thing, which came first?

Again, I couldn't afford Clemson cause Momma stayed at home

Sep 17, 2015, 2:35 PM

with us and daddy worked when his sciatica wasn't acting up. We had barely enough to pay for my travel baseball team and school uniforms, much less enough to pay for Clemson tuition. Also, I finished 132nd in my class of 188, so Clemson was out of question for me. I got into USC, but I wasn't about to go there BECAUSE I AM A TRUE FAN. You elitists are ruining the CLemson fan base. The WEZ, new Box Seats, Oculus, and Dippin' Dot prices are just making Clemson for the rich, not those of us who sit in the Upper Deck and cheer louder than any of you bow-tie-wearing aristocrats.

wow, so much information.

Sep 17, 2015, 2:46 PM

I usually don't wear a tie. Jacket, yes. Tie, no. LOL, what is this, 2006?

^^^so much misinformation I mean.***

Sep 17, 2015, 2:46 PM

Give me an itemized list of what makes a "true fan"

Sep 17, 2015, 1:15 PM [ in reply to I'm sure yall are great fans. ]

I'm very curious

Re: Give me an itemized list of what makes a "true fan"

Sep 17, 2015, 1:17 PM

1) Diploma
2) Howard or higher IPTAY level
3) Avenue of Champions/Lot 1/Lot 2 parking

I'm assuming you fit this criteria?***

Sep 17, 2015, 1:20 PM

Dood, you are being trolled.***

Sep 17, 2015, 1:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely, or else I'd be a real hypocrite when

Sep 17, 2015, 1:48 PM [ in reply to I'm assuming you fit this criteria?*** ]

I call myself a REAL FAN.

lot 2, lol

Sep 17, 2015, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Give me an itemized list of what makes a "true fan" ]

I guess not all grads can go on to be uber successful. We need non execs/upper middle class in this world as well.

#s 1 and 2 I agree with, also the AOC on #3. I think we are being a bit inclusive at Lot 1 and 2 though.

Not really sure though, I rarely stray from the AOC on gamedays. Everything I need is usually in
my Mercedes so I don't have to go around mooching off others.

I tried to not come across as elitist.***

Sep 17, 2015, 1:51 PM

If you're a true fan then you not only went to Clemson but

Sep 17, 2015, 2:35 PM

you also worked for the athletic department while you were there!

Re: how could someone be a true fan and NOT have attended

Sep 17, 2015, 3:20 PM [ in reply to how could someone be a true fan and NOT have attended ]

So the word alumni means fan?

yes...it comes from Latin "alere", which means "nourish",

Sep 17, 2015, 3:24 PM

and we generally try to nourish Clemson more than others.

Not at all. You should read through the entire thread, we'v

Sep 17, 2015, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: how could someone be a true fan and NOT have attended ]

e covered this.

Graduate AND fan = Real fan

Non graduate and fan = supporter

Sep 17, 2015, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: how could someone be a true fan and NOT have attended ]

Wow! This conversation is sad. FAN means fanatical. If you love clemson football, you are a fan of the team. I love chesse, but can I only be a true fan if I went to Wisconsin? I graduated from Coastal Carolina, but I grew up in Clemson. My dad worked at the university and my mom and brother graduated from there. Is this good enough for your standers. Today is game day!!! Don't bring this crap in hear!!!!

Sep 17, 2015, 3:36 PM

Here. Sorry. I know how important people think spelling is on this page.

Did you mean standards instead of standers?

Sep 17, 2015, 3:44 PM

You know, since we're talking about spelling...

ROH

Standers are usually not real fans either

Sep 17, 2015, 3:51 PM

having the stamina to stand all the time is a function of being a blue collar worker.

I sit in my seatback just like I do at my mahogany desk mon-wed before taking off the weekend. Well, unless I'm working from my 2nd home in St Johns. There I sit outside on the granite furniture.

Don't get mad, it goes both ways. I can't be

Sep 17, 2015, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: how could someone be a true fan and NOT have attended ]

a REAL FAN of the Chanticleers, regardless of how much I donate to their program or how long I'm a season ticket holder.

I recognize that, and I don't expect special treatment.

My great Uncle worked in the White House barbershop for 30 years, but you don't see me going around saying I'm the President.

Look, we post hear for solid discussion, not swiss chesse

Sep 17, 2015, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Re: how could someone be a true fan and NOT have attended ]

type stuff.

We've only been debating REAL fan versus not REAL fan.

And yes, you have to graduate from hear (Clemson) in order to be a REAL fan. If you love chesse AND graduated from Wisconsin, then you are just an alcoholic midwesterner.

HTH

also, the standers have been set

Sep 17, 2015, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Re: how could someone be a true fan and NOT have attended ]

sounds like your mom and brother are real fans, you and pops...notsomuch. It's ok though, not everyone is equal in my family either. The difference is, we all know our roles.

Re: also, the standers have been set

Sep 17, 2015, 3:54 PM

You guys are so funny. Smug is the right word. Considering I almost grew up on campus with my mom, I would say your pee and crap argument blows. I thinks it's great you guys graduated from Clemson. Sometimes I wish I did as well. But the fact is if fan mean fanatical, then true fan must mean fanatical as well. You cant be more of something. This is the last thing I will say. Have fun stroking your egoes, because if you graduated from Clemson and go to games you are better. On a happier note, go Tigers!!!!!!!

Re: also, the standers have been set

Sep 17, 2015, 4:05 PM

Mountain View

ROH

real fan is what we are working on here, bud

Sep 17, 2015, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: also, the standers have been set ]

true fan you may be. Big fan you probably are. Real fan you are not though.

Agreed, go tigers!

On one hand, I want to hear you, believe you, understand you

Sep 17, 2015, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Re: also, the standers have been set ]

On the other hand you didn't go to CU and you only have 4 points and a tiger pulse of 16%. I'm not sure if we will ever see eye to eye.

Thanks for being a supporter though!

i bet his mom and brother have a higher pulse and more

Sep 17, 2015, 4:19 PM

points. Because real fans (GRADUATES).

I don't know man. Our standers are a pretty tough

Sep 17, 2015, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: how could someone be a true fan and NOT have attended ]

bunch to please. I mean they are provided a sliver of aluminum to sit on during the games but get really, really pissed off if anybody tries to get them to use it.

Our sitters, well, you'd think they'd be more easy going about this. They like to sit down after all. But NO. They are mean as hell, especially when it comes out our standers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: in my opinion

Sep 17, 2015, 2:59 PM [ in reply to in my opinion ]

> you can still be a true (football) fan without
> attending CU.

Look here, turkey. This is an off-season topic. I tried to get this ball rolling several times in July, but none of you participated. Now, in the middle of the season, you want to bring it up?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get off your elitist high horse. We welcome all to the fold

Sep 17, 2015, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Something tells me you didn't go to Clemson. ]

... or at least we should.

Me thiinks they were kinda just kidding... maybe.***

Sep 17, 2015, 1:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Something tells me you didn't go to Clemson.

Sep 17, 2015, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Something tells me you didn't go to Clemson. ]

Going to a college doesn't make you a fan of the football team DA. My room has been purple and orange since I was 8 years old. Must not have been a fan then tho I was too young to be in college. Go on somewhere with ya fake self. You are not a fan sir. Go Tigers. I bleed orange.

Obviously, just going there doesn't necessarily make

Sep 17, 2015, 2:56 PM

you a fan of the football team. There are a lot of nerd who spend game days in the library, they are not fans. However, if you are one in the first place, it certainly boosts your relationship with the university, thus raising your fan status. The Oculus was built by the blood, sweat, and beers of our alumni.

Re: Something tells me you didn't go to Clemson.

Sep 17, 2015, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Something tells me you didn't go to Clemson. ]

I went to Clemson and being from out west I was never a Clemson fan until I was 18 and enrolled. I didn't even understand how big college football was in South Carolina. I didn't understand how hooked I would get. 28 years later I am still a fan. Anyway, some people that didn't go to Clemson have been fans since they could walk. They are real fans in my opinion. I have a good buddy who was raised in Charleston and who is a die hard Clemson fan. That said, he went to Columbia Univsersity. He is still a huge Clemson fan. I think if you love Clemson than you are a true fan.

buddy if you do ANYTHING Columbia

Sep 17, 2015, 3:52 PM

you can't be a real fan. 101 my man.

I agree, but that wasn't the Columbia I meant.

Sep 17, 2015, 4:24 PM

Columbia University in NY is Ivy League. I am not talking about USCjr in that Columbia. I agree with you about that other Columbia.

Do you woohoo? Stand in line 30 min to buy $9 dippin dots?***

Sep 17, 2015, 10:59 AM

UDP for sure***

Sep 17, 2015, 11:28 AM

ROH

yeah boy, thats what im talking about!!

Sep 17, 2015, 11:01 AM

wait, nevermind, im a coot.

you just got me all fired up there for a minute.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Re: I'm a true Clemson fan

Sep 17, 2015, 12:27 PM

Oh Lord! I feel like @LinebackerU right now, as he struggles not to post a request for pics. I'm struggling not to post my own version of this.

#itssohard #sad

I see what you're saying, but

Sep 17, 2015, 1:45 PM

pics?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

what if

Sep 17, 2015, 1:48 PM

we was all axing for pics.....Do ya think it would help?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: what if

Sep 17, 2015, 2:00 PM

Yes Dave - that would help ... to keep LbU from having to be 'that guy' all the time. It has to be mentally burdensome.

it takes a lot less than that to be mentally burdensome

Sep 17, 2015, 2:04 PM

to lbu.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Beat it chicken...let me handle this...

Sep 17, 2015, 2:34 PM

Sorry Mrs 3T I haven't axed for pics yet. But..

pics?

null

and you are telling me to "beat it"......

Sep 17, 2015, 3:13 PM

the irony.

You are a true Clemson fan...but

Sep 17, 2015, 12:30 PM

NOT a fan of the English language.

I be totel intertain bi dat pose***

Sep 17, 2015, 1:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I pray to the good Lord above that this guy and brazzy b

Sep 17, 2015, 2:03 PM

never get together to create a "hype" video.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: I'm a true Clemson fan

Sep 17, 2015, 2:31 PM

n genral, if u be a tru fan u don has 2 b telln errbody u be 1.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

2300+ views.

Sep 17, 2015, 4:14 PM

UL fans must think we're a blast.

Replies: 110
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic