Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This guys thinks we’re blind and stupid.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 796

This guys thinks we’re blind and stupid.

Feb 17, 2020, 9:01 PM

I can’t speak for everyone, of course.

Trying to gain relevance by taking credit for a Trumps economy is laughable. For 8 years the Fed held interest rates at zero for him and he barely moved the needle. Didn’t do one #### thing with the trade imbalance either.

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1229432034650722304?s=20

So where did the money go Obama??

https://twitter.com/michaelbeatty3/status/1229555003385212929?s=20

The question was never answered, but I have a strong suspicion...

https://twitter.com/cjtruth/status/1229509588137005065?s=20

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He got the stupid part right.***

Feb 17, 2020, 9:06 PM

obama and boehner put 8 trillion on the credit card

Feb 17, 2020, 9:17 PM

and all we got was a lousy insurance policy

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: obama and boehner put 8 trillion on the credit card

Feb 17, 2020, 9:21 PM

Remember this stroke of brilliance

https://twitter.com/Greeneyz0080/status/1229555816618962944?s=20

Re: obama and boehner put 8 trillion on the credit card

Feb 18, 2020, 7:08 AM [ in reply to obama and boehner put 8 trillion on the credit card ]

What's Trump's excuse for running up the national debt? He has a great economy. Why is he running it up? Obama inherited two wars from W and an economy about to collapse. What's Trump's excuse?

Wait, so he's admitting the economy is good?

Feb 18, 2020, 7:05 AM

Nice

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wait, so he's admitting the economy is good?

Feb 18, 2020, 7:41 AM

careful xtiger, this liberal pos will be telling you next that you do not have any character or morals.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This guys thinks we’re blind and stupid.

Feb 18, 2020, 7:05 AM

Well you are pretty stupid, so he got that part right. The economy has expanded for 121 months straight. That goes way back to Obama. There were more jobs created in Obama's last 3 years then there were in Trump's first 3 years. Trump inherited a solid situation, so yes you are an idiot. Sure its even better, but he walked into stable. That said, I think everyone even without this issue thinks you are an idiot on here. It comes down to you and your moronic conspiracy theories.

Feb 18, 2020, 7:32 AM

https://www.bls.gov/charts/employment-situation/civilian-unemployment-rate.htm

https://www.macrotrends.net/1358/dow-jones-industrial-average-last-10-years

Thanks for playing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Feb 18, 2020, 7:44 AM

That ignores the millions who left the workforce during the Obama years (1) and the millions which returned to the workforce after Obama left office.

1. The recession wasn't Obama's fault but that has nothing to do with the facts listed above which unemployment charts ignore.

I love to play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2020, 8:36 AM

The recession wasn't Obama's fault, the growth of the economy wasn't all Obama, and it isn't all Trump. Both men helped the economy in different ways, but it's silly to attribute any economy to one president. Playing this game is foolishness that the president themselves want you to play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

We already know Trump is an unapologetic narcissist

Feb 18, 2020, 8:41 AM

Obama posting what he did just shows him to be not so far off himself. One of the biggest gripes about Obama was that he spent too much time worrying about his legacy, and it appears he still is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

however, I will say this....

Feb 18, 2020, 8:48 AM

I have no way of knowing intentions, but if Obama was just trolling, then standing applause.gif. Masterfully done. ,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in fairness...

Feb 18, 2020, 9:18 AM [ in reply to We already know Trump is an unapologetic narcissist ]

if people were trying to figure out who was the worse POTUS, you or Carter, you would be trying to build some kind of legacy.

On the arrogance level, Trump and Obama are pretty neck-and-neck, in my estimation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We already know Trump is an unapologetic narcissist

Feb 18, 2020, 9:34 AM [ in reply to We already know Trump is an unapologetic narcissist ]

I agree. Obama's kind of that smug, "I pretend I'm not a narcissist but I really am" type; Trump is that raging sociopath dictator type.

point of order, your honor.

Feb 18, 2020, 9:38 AM

Isn’t the sociopath usually better at fooling more people? Or is Obama just a better sociopath?

Generally speaking...

Feb 18, 2020, 10:22 AM

It's the psychopath who is usually better at blending. Sociopaths can as well but usually don't stay hidden as long, mainly because of their impulsive behavior and tendency to flip out over little things.

But one could argue that the sociopath Trump has millions fooled already.

Re: point of order, your honor.

Feb 18, 2020, 11:19 AM [ in reply to point of order, your honor. ]

Obama started out ok. I mean, he got the Nobel Peace Prize just for talking purty.

But he got corrupted by corp. money and big donors. He missed an historic opportunity. It didn't help, of course, that Moscow Mitch stated that the Senate's #1 priority was to make Obama a one term President.

We've got to get rid of Schumer, Pelosi, McConnell and McCarthy if were ever going to get anywhere. Hyper-partisanship is killing us.

Re: point of order, your honor.

Feb 18, 2020, 11:58 AM [ in reply to point of order, your honor. ]

Obed said:

Isn’t the sociopath usually better at fooling more people? Or is Obama just a better sociopath?

Narcissistic personality disorder isn't the same thing as sociopathy.

There can be some overlap - most shrinks think Trump has that combo of narcissistic personality disorder and sociopathy that classes a human being as what they label a "malignant narcissist", one of the more destructive personality types in the inventory.

Obama probably would rate at least moderate-to-low on the narcissism scale - he's grandiose, and takes himself and his legacy Most Seriously Indeed, and I would agree with Cata his usual public modesty is an adaptation and a fairly thin public mask. More than one person has noted that politicians tend to be a lot like actors, the one true love of their own lives that have a bottomless need for public approval and praise, and again, Obama, like a lot of politicians, would definitely seem to qualify.

But as far as being a destructive force of nature, Obama isn't close to being on Trump's level. John Gartner, PhD at Johns Hopkins Medical School, puts it this way:

“Trump suffers from malignant narcissism, a diagnosis [that is] far more toxic and dangerous than mere narcissistic personality disorder because it combines narcissism with three other severely pathological components: paranoia, sociopathy, and sadism. When combined, this perfect storm of psychopathology defines the ‘quintessence of evil,’ according to Fromm, the closest thing psychiatry has to describing a true human monster.”

That's...strong.

Name me a person/President who doesn't worry about legacy?

Feb 18, 2020, 2:44 PM [ in reply to We already know Trump is an unapologetic narcissist ]

This is the first we've really heard from Obama in almost 4 years since he left and now this rather innocuous (and accurate) tweet is evidence he's "not so far off" from Trump's level of narcissism?

yes, de...that's exactly what I meant, that this single,

Feb 18, 2020, 3:55 PM

solitary piece of evidence was the only thing I used to make that determination, and that at no time did I use any of my powers of observation nor memories from the 3000 days he was in office to reach that conclusion.

Thank you for clarifying.

Glad to have helped!***

Feb 18, 2020, 5:17 PM

I'm making a list of things Obama did to help our economy.

Feb 18, 2020, 7:41 AM

1. Cut regulations

2. Lowered the tax burden on business which caused growth.

3. Renegotiated trade deals with SOKO, Japan, Mexico and Canada and worked phase one of a new and fairer deal with China.

4. Was so determined to fundamentally change America by raising taxes, loading businesses up with new and economy crushing regulations in an effort to redistribute wealth he opened the door and rolled out the red carpet for Trump.

Hint: Only one of the things listed above contributed to this grand economy we're enjoying now. Obama did the opposite of the other three and thereby oversaw the slowest recovery from a recession since the big one that happened 90 years ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm making a list of things Obama did to help our economy.

Feb 18, 2020, 7:49 AM

We dont have the deals negotiated with China yet and we have no idea if any of the deals will see a positive change. Also, if things are so great and not being artificially pumped up with his tax cuts, why doesnt Trump balance the budget? What's his excuse for running up the national debt? He inherited a solid economy and the wars were winding down. Why is he so inept? The best economy in US history yet he runs up the national debt.

It's not even "pumped up" anymore.

Feb 18, 2020, 2:49 PM

GDP growth is ~2.2% and projected to be under 2% over the next couple of years.

Re: It's not even "pumped up" anymore.

Feb 18, 2020, 4:56 PM

Trump's GDP is now now lower than 6 of the last 10.presidents. Tbe guy is below average when it comes to the economy and way below in every other metric of being a leader.

Lucky for them, Trump is pro-crime

Feb 18, 2020, 10:08 AM

Otherwise Obama, Crooked Hillary, the Bidens, and probably the rest of the Dems would be in jail for their totally real and not tin foil criminal acts.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to interupt this Trump self-delusion circle jerk, but

Feb 18, 2020, 11:14 AM

let's look at some facts, and to review the obvious, Obama inherited a near Depression. Trump inherited a dragster already halfway down the track.

Basically, this conversation sums up the arguments

Feb 18, 2020, 2:37 PM

<###### async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

Every time I see talk about stuff like this...

Feb 18, 2020, 3:06 PM

I wonder why we don't give most of the credit to Congress, not the President? OK, the President signs it. But Congress is who actually wrote it, debated it, amended it, passed it. I guess Presidents are just easier to point to.

Replies: 29
| visibility 796
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic