Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit projects SEC CFP matchup for Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

TNET: ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit projects SEC CFP matchup for Clemson

Dec 2, 2018, 12:59 AM

ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit projects SEC CFP matchup for Clemson

ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit sees two SEC teams in the College Football Playoff again and Clemson would face one of them on Dec. 29. Herbstreit moved Georgia up to No Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kirk can suck my family jewels. there is no way UGA deserves

Dec 2, 2018, 1:02 AM

to be in the CFP

In the history of college football

Dec 2, 2018, 1:58 AM

Has a team lost and moved up in the rankings?
I recall watching teams drop way further than expected
Maybe I’m hallucinating

What a mockery it would be for Georgia to move up
At the very very least they should remain at 4 for an immediate rematch
Up to 3 is a bad joke

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Re: In the history of college football

Dec 2, 2018, 5:04 AM

And Bama gets the easy route through the playoffs!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2018, 8:39 AM

In fairness, that’s kind of been our case so far.

One of my auburn friends keeps saying while Clemson has looked great in the second half of the season, they played the easiest conference schedule, easiest conf championship opinent, and will get ND in the semi.

I reply. Hard to argue, but it’s not like Clemson asked for the ACC to suck this year. They won all the games they had. Plain and simple.

If You Look at Clemson's Aggregate SOS It is Very Similar

Dec 2, 2018, 11:53 AM

to Other Top 6 Teams. The difference is Clemson has played a bunch of middling teams and others have played a mix of giants and peons to average out their schedule.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2018, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Re: In the history of college football ]

Georgia’s best win was Florida
Florida sucks

O
V
E
R
R
A
T
SEC
D

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Herbie wants them at three for a possible rematch

Dec 2, 2018, 6:23 AM [ in reply to In the history of college football ]

in the championship. Wouldn't be fair to make them play twice in a row.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Herbie wants them at three for a possible rematch

Dec 2, 2018, 8:24 AM

Wouldnt be fair if they are in over a 1 loss team.Oklahoma should be 4.

If UGA was so good against Bama

Dec 2, 2018, 7:37 AM [ in reply to In the history of college football ]

How did they blow a 14 point second half lead?

How did they need to try a ridiculous fake punt late in the 4th quarter WITH THE LEAD?

Kirk is on his usual ESPN Marketing Campaign. Why not let Bama and UGA play in the first round of the CFP, and if the game is close enough, let them play again in the finals (regardless of the outcome of the #2 vs #3 bowl game)? In fact, why not just have ALL SEC teams in the playoffs and let them play a round robin until ESPN announces, "We have a winner!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i seem to remember them being tied when they tried

Dec 2, 2018, 10:09 AM

the fake. Just imagine how badly that botched chip-shot field goal is haunting that poor Georgia kicker.

imagine how high Bama would have moved if they lost

Dec 2, 2018, 3:09 AM

Is there a spot higher than #1 that ESPN can rank somebody?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit projects SEC CFP matchup for Clemson

Dec 2, 2018, 6:02 AM

WHEN UGA gets in, they need to go ahead and take conference champion off the criteria for playoff selection.

... or just outright amend it to;
1) Alabama
2) SEC conference champion
3) Clemson (lol... but this is my list and we'll fight our way in somehow)
4) Some punching bag that Alabama matches up well against

Dec 2, 2018, 6:07 AM

dang it... ruined the punchline...
2) SEC East Champion

UGA is not getting in.

Dec 2, 2018, 6:16 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many times must an SEC team lose?

Dec 2, 2018, 6:59 AM

How many times must an SEC team lose to be eliminated from the playoffs. As far as I'm concerned, Georgia just lost in the quaterfinals.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Herbie was just doing his job and throwing a bone to create

Dec 2, 2018, 8:07 AM

argument for those that took it. While there is merit in what he said, there’s no way UGAy gets in with two losses. And if they do get in and Clemson draws them in the first round. . .Bring them on! This Tiger team has no fear and is far more multi-dimensional than last year’s team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Herbie was just doing his job and throwing a bone to create

Dec 2, 2018, 8:30 AM

Here is why he is wrong. UGA will not jump ND and if they are the 4 seed they play Bama AGAIN in two weeks. Won't happen.

Re: Herbie was just doing his job and throwing a bone to create

Dec 2, 2018, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Herbie was just doing his job and throwing a bone to create ]

Agreed, I just don't think he has looked at it completely. How does he think Ga is one of the top 4 if Oklahoma doesn't get their chance? Sooners have a Good offense that should give Bama trouble, we already know Georgia can't beat Bama, they CHOKED!

Dec 2, 2018, 8:55 AM

No two loss team should be in the CFP in the current four team system!!

My picks: 1-Alabama 2-Clemson 3-Notre Dame 4-Oklahoma 5-Georgia 6-Ohio State

I agree with that. Oklahoma definitely looks more

Dec 2, 2018, 10:10 AM

fearsome than Ohio State does. I would actually breathe easier knowing we were matched against OSU.

Re: I agree with that. Oklahoma definitely looks more

Dec 2, 2018, 11:25 AM

An eight team playoff must happen sooner than later!!

Dec 2, 2018, 10:04 AM

A loss, is a loss is a loss, no one should rise in the rankings after a loss, and no two loss team should be in the CFP, especially when their are conference champs in the big five with only one loss!!!

UGA In Playoffs... then they shouldn’t have choked

Dec 2, 2018, 10:07 AM

that effing game away. Up two TD’s... then up one TD when Tua exits. Their defense was AWFUL in the 4th quarter and the offense became stagnate. I’m sorry but if UGA gets in, much less moves moves up, then there is ZERO integrity in the playoff committee. Don’t know what Herbie was trying to accomplish or if he actually believes what he said but either way he looks like a complete FOOL!!!

What he is really trying to say, four teams is not enough

Dec 2, 2018, 10:22 AM

TigerNet Nation ... Kirk Herbstreit sez that Georgia should move UP to #3 after giving Alabama the toughest game of the season (they still lost by one touchdown). That was a really good game unless you missed it ... His reasoning, CFB payoffs is about the best four teams, not who won what Conference, since a given Conference can be bush league compared to another. He make a good point ... however, what I think this really points too is the need to make the playoffs a true playoff of Champions/best teams. At least eight teams, ideally IMHO (not really), SIXTEEN team playoff. Winner of each conference (11) + 5 wildcards. Make room for the playoff games by losing the cupcake games every year, no one pays attention to them anyway except for concession people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What he is really trying to say, four teams is not enough

Dec 2, 2018, 11:26 AM

Couldn't disagree more. The way I looked at yesterday for Georgia is that it was a quarterfinal. It's the type of matchup you'd get if they did expand the Playoffs and well Georgia failed. No need to expand because in most cases the conference championship games are usually going to be between 2 pretty good teams meaning in reality it is kind of like a quarterfinal. If Georgia gets in let's just throw it all out the window because Georgia played Bama tough. Georgia had their chance against a team that was going to the Playoff win or lose and they didn't get it done and I don't care if they would have lost by 1 on a last second field goal it's still a loss n a game that mattered when talking about the Playoffs. To me that game was already a Playoff game I don't need it to expand to feel that way.

Dec 2, 2018, 11:20 AM

The Committee better look at it as Georgia had their chance and couldn't do it, PERIOD. Not only that they lost to a team that has 3 losses in LSU. If that was Georgia's first loss I could consider it but it'd still be hard considering Georgia just failed at the chance they just had.

Dec 2, 2018, 11:41 AM

boils down to this....if you'e Dabo, who would you rather play...ND or UGA? anybody would pick ND, they are the weaker team so UGA shpuld get the nod but at 4 and not 3. but that aint gonna happen and it's going to OK in at 4

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic