Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
if the logic applied by BB supporters was applied to footbal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

if the logic applied by BB supporters was applied to footbal

Mar 19, 2017, 10:28 AM

Tommy West would still be coaching our football team. BB is likable and gets high character kids. But reading "top 8 in the conference " as a high bar goal just doesnt sit well here

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure am glad DRad in in charge of this issue.

Mar 19, 2017, 1:37 PM

Frankly I'm of the opinion that Brad is fine man who has outlived his opportunity at Clemson, but it ain't my job or yours to make that decision. It's long past time for people on this board to get just a touch of objectivity and "grown up" in their posts. I don't intend to single you out, there are many more "I want what I want - NOW! I've waited long enough!" posts that are much less mature than yours on this board.

I'm an old timer and have lived through a lot of good and bad - and a lot more bad than good. Have a little faith in the process and mostly realize that you don't always get what you want. Not saying this make you a bad person, just that a lot of people would be a lot less miserable if they'd get some perspective.

That is all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if the logic applied by BB supporters was applied to footbal

Mar 19, 2017, 2:18 PM

Well, the same excuses were used and Bowden was kept at least three years too long.

I don't think anyone here is okay with the level of success

Mar 19, 2017, 2:24 PM

we have had under Brownell. The debate centers around who we would try to get/be able to get if we get rid of Brownell, and how well we would we support the program so that the new coach will stay if he is successful.

We all want to win more, but we can certainly do worse than Brownell.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I don't think anyone here is okay with the level of success

Mar 19, 2017, 2:35 PM

Can we? This fanbase wants him gone. He's lost the fans.

How do you know what the fanbase thinks?

Mar 19, 2017, 2:37 PM

Is TigerNet reflective of the fan base? Maybe, maybe not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: How do you know what the fanbase thinks?

Mar 19, 2017, 3:02 PM

I sure hope that this site is not reflective of the Tiger fan base because there are more than enough sports ignorant people who comment on things Tiger sports related here. You've got teachers that clearly never played any sport, people who never ran a darn thing in their life except their big mouths, and others that are just plain imbecilic.

Other than those listed the rest here are real n ice people. what a bunch of whiners, losers and know it alls here. Put yloiur money where your mouth is boys and if not ####.

Re: I don't think anyone here is okay with the level of success

Mar 19, 2017, 2:42 PM [ in reply to I don't think anyone here is okay with the level of success ]

Does it really matter at the end of the year if we go 17-15 and miss the tournament or go 10-20? I dont think we can do much worse than not going to the tournament 6 years in a row. We have to try to make this program better, and keeping Brownell isn't doing that.

I agree, we do have to make it better.

Mar 19, 2017, 2:44 PM

How do we do that? I would argue that taking the same pathetic approach we have always taken in hiring coaches, supporting the program, maintaining facilities, etc. is NOT the way to do it.

If Clemson is willing to step up and truly support basketball, then firing Brownell now is the thing to do. We just better make a great hire. It will be interesting to see what happens with Will Wade. If we don't get him now, and let him go to LSU or somewhere else, then it will say a lot about how serious Clemson is about basketball.

Were Brownell to agree to come back for one more year

Mar 19, 2017, 3:15 PM

but shed any buyout following regardless of how next year turns out, I would support it and reset my faith meter with him.

Nobody really knows for sure who the next best hire should be if he's not back. When we do actually begin a search, though, I want Dabo on the committee and part of the process. Dude knows people, and apparently he has some roundball skills of his own so he wouldn't be shooting in the dark.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, just like we did in football with a no name....***

Mar 19, 2017, 4:37 PM [ in reply to I agree, we do have to make it better. ]

But Clemson Bball has never done anything special so

Mar 19, 2017, 2:24 PM

we must never criticize and accept mediocrity for eternity. Also if you didn't attend every single game during BB tenure, then your opinion is invalid. Oh let's see what else...if you don't have a degree from Clemson, you also have no clue what you're talking about.

That's like telling a rocket scientist that he has no idea on how to design a space shuttle because he's never actually flown one.

I don't mind another year of BB but after another year, the pro Brownell HAS GOT to stop...

Could someone PLEASE point out the thousands of

Mar 19, 2017, 2:49 PM

supporters (apparently) of Coach Brownell that are so frequently referenced in the headings of many, many posts on Tigernet!! I've obviously missed the wellspring of strong support for him

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's because only you whiners post here.***

Mar 19, 2017, 4:38 PM

Re: if the logic applied by BB supporters was applied to footbal

Mar 19, 2017, 4:44 PM

If we followed the logic of the Brownell fan club, Tommy Bowden would still be the football coach. No ACC titles! No national titles! Same for Leggett! Look at the baseball team under Lee. Both were nice guys who graduated their players. Sound like the current coaching issue?

Agreed. The duplicitous always abound.***

Mar 19, 2017, 4:47 PM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic