Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ben boulware hit was legal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1,761

Ben boulware hit was legal

Oct 8, 2016, 8:16 AM

Your're allowed to push a ball carrier on the shoulder pad to get them down.

If your strong enough that it comes off looking like a super sayain punch, well ,..sorry????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ben boulware hit was legal

Oct 8, 2016, 8:21 AM

he did that with a forearm!!!! Incredible. If they hadn't overturned that, I was going to have a cow!!!! WWE is in his future?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just hope BigBen has an opportunity to

Oct 8, 2016, 8:25 AM

perform that same hit on an fgf non-believer to prove it was well within the rules

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2016, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Ben boulware hit was legal ]

He did it with his hands, not shoulder or forearm, but with his hands.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad to see the replay official had the integrity to

Oct 8, 2016, 8:32 AM

...overrule the call. Seems like the replay guys are usually reluctant to overturn judgement calls of their buddies on the field, no matter how bad the calls were.

Re: Glad to see the replay official had the integrity to

Oct 8, 2016, 8:41 AM

Actually, the announcers thought a 15 yd personal foul would still be called even if the targeting was overturned. If that had happened we would not have gotten the ball back. They were wrong.

The problem with replay overturning targeting

Oct 8, 2016, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Glad to see the replay official had the integrity to ]

call is they have to have indesputable video evidence that it was NOT targeting. That's why so many questionable targeting calls "stand as called." The rule for targeting really needs to be changed so that the replay officials have the latitude to actually "make the call." I would "almost" like to see personal fouls reviewed in the same way... I say "almost" because I really don't want to see the game stretched from the current 4 hours to 5 or 6 hours...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Glad to see the replay official had the integrity to

Oct 8, 2016, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Glad to see the replay official had the integrity to ]

Think that may have been the first time I have actually seen a replay booth official do ANYTHING that they needed to do ...in reversal fashion .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 8, 2016, 8:52 AM

It was a legal hit.

But only because Ben missed his intended target.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

if only Ben had popped a squat like Thuginger, coots would

Oct 8, 2016, 9:10 AM

have loved that play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: if only Ben had popped a squat like Thuginger, coots would

Oct 8, 2016, 9:13 AM

Yeah I think Ben would have more fans if he was more like DJ instead of just being dirty.

Unbiased fans loved DJ. Ben doesn't get that same love.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if only Ben had popped a squat like Thuginger, coots would

Oct 8, 2016, 9:38 AM

Says you

Ben's probably not interested in having more coot fans.

Oct 8, 2016, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: if only Ben had popped a squat like Thuginger, coots would ]

Coot fans are pathetic and stupid, but very proud losers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

BB hit exactly what he was aiming at

Oct 8, 2016, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Ben boulware hit was legal ]

and apparently the side effect was a punch to your gut as well.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

No...

Oct 8, 2016, 8:56 AM

In the eyes of those Gamecocks, Boulware dropkicked that QB.

Let's put that hit alongside the one by Clowney

Oct 8, 2016, 9:04 AM

in the bowl game a few years back (Mich State?). He nearly tore the RB's head off, and no call.

Can we get a comment from Cooterville on that?

Re: Let's put that hit alongside the one by Clowney

Oct 8, 2016, 9:07 AM

If clowney had tried to punch the running back in the throat I would be right there with you calling it a bush league move.

Yeah, he only lowered his head and

Oct 8, 2016, 9:16 AM

hit him in the chest. And, please don't tell me what Ben's "intent" was. You don't know that any more than I know Clowney's intent. We can only judge the hit itself as to whether it was legal or not. Frankly, I don't think EITHER hit is a penalty. They were simply hard hits... head-to-head contact is another thing all together and should be penalized. But for Heaven's sake, let's not turn the game into flag football!

Re: Yeah, he only lowered his head and

Oct 8, 2016, 9:26 AM

The fact Venables was laying into him after the overturned call should be an indicator to you that there is no place in football for that kind of hit.

lmao

Oct 8, 2016, 9:30 AM

You don't see how dumb you really are.......

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2016, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Yeah, he only lowered his head and ]

Oh yeah, 2 hands to the shoulder should certainly be outlawed. You need to remove your jaded glasses cootie.

Oct 8, 2016, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Yeah, he only lowered his head and ]

No one loved Swearinger. Peyton Manning hates that guy and Peyton doesn't hate a lot of people.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Let's put that hit alongside the one by Clowney

Oct 8, 2016, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's put that hit alongside the one by Clowney ]

You sir are an idiot coot. You have no idea what his intentions were. He made a legal hit and caused a turnover. Go back to your shuffleboard.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1,761
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic