Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: An anonymous coach discusses his opinions of Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 84
| visibility 1

FB Update: An anonymous coach discusses his opinions of Clemson

Aug 10, 2016, 11:50 AM

An anonymous coach discusses his opinions of Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stealing signs? LOL I hope we are!***

Aug 10, 2016, 11:53 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Stealing signs? LOL I hope we are!***

Aug 10, 2016, 12:30 PM

This is the worst case of sour grapes I've ever seen!
How in the world did 2 offensive linemen get selected All ACC if they are as bad as this guy seems to believe? Also, this is essentially the same line that blew Alabama off the line to score a short yardage touchdown in the NC game.
What a ######.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2016, 1:47 PM

the old ball sack, no doubt.

Aug 10, 2016, 3:43 PM

I wouldn't think that it was Sack. Did the X Miami coach get a job somewhere else, bc it sounds like someone who has an AX to grind. It sounds like a coach that has been beat down. I wish we would have read the signal that Saban was going to kick a fluke kick off. That was one signal that we really needed!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2016, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Stealing signs? LOL I hope we are!*** ]

Haha exactly. People are getting riled up here because of the accusation, but of course the team is trying to do that! I think one key part of the statement is being overlooked by many on this thread:

That’s because they’re probably as good as anybody at stealing signals, and Venables is waiting to see your offensive call."

He's not saying "Clemson's a bunch of cheaters", he's saying "they're good at the thing we all do".

Relax everybody, it's kind of a compliment!

Aug 10, 2016, 12:30 PM

whoops, I forgot to un-italicize :(

That’s because they’re probably as good as anybody at stealing signals, and Venables is waiting to see your offensive call."

He's not saying "Clemson's a bunch of cheaters", he's saying "they're good at the thing we all do".

Relax everybody, it's kind of a compliment!

It's exactly why Clemson uses boards, changes the images

Aug 10, 2016, 12:45 PM

and has several people delivering signals, to hide from or confuse the opposition that is trying to do the same.

Crump could make a fortune if he could synthesize and sell virtual Pamprin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's exactly why Clemson uses boards, changes the images

Aug 10, 2016, 12:52 PM

Exactly. Everyone's trying to get that extra edge.

And yes, virtual Pamprin would make someone a billionaire overnight

Best is the Standard!

Aug 10, 2016, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Stealing signs? LOL I hope we are!*** ]

BEST IS THE STANDARD in all things with Clemson football, including stealing signs.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL someone's certainly a little bitter***

Aug 10, 2016, 11:53 AM

Re: LOL someone's certainly a little bitter***

Aug 10, 2016, 1:03 PM

There's a lot of concerns with the direction, potential, abilities & possibilities of this year team. VERY CONCERNED!!

Bulletin bored material, OLine--Let's destroy some DLs, and

Aug 10, 2016, 11:55 AM

by let's, I mean you, but I'll cheer really loudly!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: An anonymous coach discusses his opinions of Clemson

Sounds an awful lot like ole bitter pill himself , Paul Johnson

Coach Johnson is that you again?

Go home you are drunk.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He ain't scared!***

Aug 10, 2016, 1:06 PM

Doubt it, as odd as it seems Dabo and PJ are pretty close

Aug 10, 2016, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Coach Johnson is that you again? ]

friends. I guess opposites do attract

I can only hope we are stealing teams off calls - they been

stealing ours for years

everyone says take what the D gives you - well #@$% that - Line up late on D or make the O show their play

null

Aug 10, 2016, 11:56 AM

If you're dumb enough to get your signs consistently stolen then you deserve it

Aug 10, 2016, 1:09 PM

Hello, that's part of the game prep. The sole purpose of FILM STUDY. Everybody does it. At least I hope they do if they want an opportunity to be success.

Aug 10, 2016, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: An anonymous coach discusses his opinions of Clemson ]

It's like a girl saying if I flash you, you are wrong for looking!!!

has to be tarhole coach or ga tech

Aug 10, 2016, 11:56 AM

Suck ittt

Doubt GT. They don't signal in offensive play calls.

Aug 10, 2016, 12:09 PM

nm

Re: ^^^^This***

Aug 10, 2016, 2:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Aug 10, 2016, 11:58 AM

If Leggett, the entire offensive line, AND Venables don't get pissed off after reading that...

The "anonymous" coach is quite obviously

Aug 10, 2016, 11:58 AM

Dabo...trying to get the players (and fans) fired up for the upcoming season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Hadn't thought of that, just being short

Aug 10, 2016, 12:04 PM

Sighted I guess!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha ha ... you used the term "short" in responding to bob.***

Aug 10, 2016, 12:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Hadn't thought of that, just being short

Aug 10, 2016, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Hadn't thought of that, just being short ]

I don't believe that Dabo would want people thinking that some other coach was actually saying that about us if they wasn't!!!

Re: The "anonymous" coach is quite obviously

Aug 10, 2016, 7:15 PM [ in reply to The "anonymous" coach is quite obviously ]

I was thinking the same thing...this anonymous coach crap is dumb. This could be anyone maybe not even a head coach.

I smell Fedora*******

Aug 10, 2016, 12:00 PM

Bob Stoops (err the anonymous coach) sounds a little bitter***

Aug 10, 2016, 12:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Bob Stoops (err the anonymous coach) sounds a little bitter***

Aug 10, 2016, 12:10 PM

Can't be Paul Johnson. He sends a player in with the offensive call on every down in lieu of signaling plays. (Which seems like a lot of silly running in and out since the play is the same play about 90% of the time.)

Seems unlikely to be Stoops since we rushed for 300+ yards, most of it seemingly between the tackles and since Stoops said afterwards we were tougher than anyone Oklahoma had played.

I'm guessing Fedora. UNC stopped us from running the ball in the first half and our defense made Williams look awful at QB for a long long time. I'm betting on Fedora, who thought he got robbed of a win on the onsides kick near the end. He'd already put the imaginary Touchdown and Win his offense was going to get up on his imaginary scoreboard when the referee stuck with his offsides call on the kickoff team.

Fedora.

Go Tigers!!

Dear anonymous coach

Aug 10, 2016, 12:03 PM

Didn't work last year, wont work this year.

Personally I think you would be better off sneaking 3 extra players on defense and give that a shot

At least that way we are only moving the ball 5 yards at a time on your whinny little essay

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anonymous" more than likely an old school coach.

Aug 10, 2016, 12:07 PM

His comments sound as if he prefers smash mouth football, versus the wide open style Clemson uses on offense. Plus, he is a coach that calls offensive plays from the sidelines via signals. That rules out Paul Johnson. He sends plays in one at a time via a running back. My guess is Petrino, or even the currently retired OBC.

It's this guy

Aug 10, 2016, 12:08 PM

https://accsports.com/acc-news/headline-news/doeren-acc-divisions-dont-think-even/

Re: It's this guy

Aug 10, 2016, 12:13 PM

I agree nc st coach just seems butt hurt about everything! Whoever it is they are just haters and won't say it publicly has to be hind behind anynomous comments bc they know if they come out we will destroy his team and show them how good we are!!

if it is Doeran

Aug 10, 2016, 3:14 PM [ in reply to It's this guy ]

if he only wins 3 acc games again this year he wont be with the pups next season.

Seems "getting the play in late" has some merit.

Aug 10, 2016, 12:08 PM

Many times the defense adjusts late. Don't know why, but always seems we do that a lot more than other teams.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who cares since we are always at or near the top defensively

Aug 10, 2016, 12:52 PM

even with having to replace majority of defensive starters. This anonymous coach maybe needs to speed up his offensive instead of crying to SI about stealing signs.

Who cares?

Aug 10, 2016, 2:04 PM

Well, if the reason we blow coverages (see NC game) is because we switch late then someone should care.

I know, it's best to just call the other coach stupid. Sorry that I didn't do that instead.

Message was edited by: RC Tiger®

Re: Seems "getting the play in late" has some merit.

Aug 10, 2016, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Seems "getting the play in late" has some merit. ]

We do it so that the offense has as little time as possible to figure out what we're doing presnap. Why would you get lined up immediately on defense to give the offense plenty of time to figure out protections and where to go with the ball? IMO, it's advantageous for any defense to line up as late as possible.

A confident coach

Aug 10, 2016, 12:10 PM

Wouldn't hide behind an "Anonymous" title. Man up and be you. Lil bitter bc we probably tore you a new one on the field last year or two.

Re: A confident coach

Aug 10, 2016, 12:20 PM

I like the Anonymous Coach feature on these previews. It allows the guys to speak candidly without getting a #### storm of criticism from the media. Sure, we may not like what they say, but at least we're hearing it.

This isn't an anonymous source revealing a big secret previously unknown to the public (I think those should never be anonymous), it's a guy giving his honest opinion on the team. Let him speak!

And he is getting honest opinions on his honest

Aug 10, 2016, 1:11 PM

opinions. That just the way it works.

Aug 10, 2016, 12:14 PM

funny how all these clowns talk about keeping DW4 in the pocket. last time I checked, he's killing people from the pocket as well. He has 0 hole in his game.....period. scary part.....he gets better every time he steps on the field.

Well, that gave it away...it's Fedora.

Aug 10, 2016, 12:21 PM

Let him run then hit him (or target him and have Swofford there to help not get targeting penalties). That team did more to try to take him out of the game than any other did.

Re: Well, that gave it away...it's Fedora.

Aug 10, 2016, 7:22 PM

I think its Fedora too! They were incredibly lucky to even be in the ballgame against Clemson! They got a bunch of timely penalties, our punter lost his head on the famous 4th and 15 and we out gained them 608 to 382. It could have easily been a blow out.

Not saying it is, but it also sounds like something big Game bob would also spout off.

Go TIGERS, beat AuBurn and GOD Bless Clemson!!!

He is right on in regards to our D. You can go down the line

Aug 10, 2016, 12:28 PM

last year with State, Syracuse, ND, South Carolina, UNC, Alabama, etc. They all hit a lot of big plays on our D with players not ready and out of position at times. Waiting until the last second probably helps on certain plays also. I'm sure a lot of the sacks we got were because of last second D changes.

As far as the OL, our blocking schemes don't really relate to blowing people off the ball, but I think the OL is very good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He is right on in regards to our D. You can go down the line

Aug 10, 2016, 1:30 PM

Its keep the defenses off balance. Can't determine the run from the pass by trying to read the O-line first steps.

My money is on Jimbo... Butt hurt***

Aug 10, 2016, 12:33 PM

Bottom Line - Everybody hates a winner. Haters gonna hate***

Aug 10, 2016, 12:37 PM

Re: Bottom Line - Everybody hates a winner. Haters gonna hate***

Aug 10, 2016, 1:32 PM

Comes with the territory.

An anonymous coach?

Aug 10, 2016, 12:40 PM

Got this picture of him and his staff at the ACC kickoff meeting...

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The hands look very feminine. I'm guessing Fedora.***

Aug 10, 2016, 4:32 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Aug 10, 2016, 12:41 PM

Anonymous Coach=A coach with no balls

List of culprits?

Aug 10, 2016, 12:55 PM

1. Paul Johnson
2. Dave Doeren
3. Bobby Petrino

Boo ####### hoo--how about you beat us on the field instead of crying about it anonymously.

Re: List of culprits?

Aug 10, 2016, 12:58 PM

Anonymous means the same as coward. This is a coach that has to play Clemson so he does not want the revenge factor played against him.

Re: List of culprits?

Aug 10, 2016, 9:29 PM [ in reply to List of culprits? ]

AWESOME!! Wahhhhhhhhh!!

This "anon" coach is nothing more than

Aug 10, 2016, 1:02 PM

The writer's way of writing a great story line from his own biased opinions. There was no coach. Just some writer who is a fan of some team we demolished.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: This "anon" coach is nothing more than

Aug 10, 2016, 1:30 PM

Wrong...
http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/ACC-coaches-talk-anonymously-Clemson-23631

That came from Athlon...notice something similar...because it's the same ACC Caoch:
"They’re not like some dominant team up front, and I thought they did a good job with their scheme to get more out of the running game last year," Anonymous ACC coach number #2 said. "They don’t ever block vertically. Everything they do is laterally, but that’s just the spread offensive running game. They have some big linemen, and they do a good job putting their body on people, and [Wayne] Gallman runs hard. But they are not going to knock anybody off the ball."

I'm telling you, it's likely one of these, and my bet id Fedora.

1. Fedora - Got him at the end of the season, still butt-hurt that they didn't get the kick call...his defense consistently went after Watson, and if he broke free, they'd take an opportunity to try to injure him (think of the helmet to helmet targeting that took Watson out a play they weren't called on). And what coach from a school accused of "cheating" wouldn't want to stay anonymous if stating they think someone is stealing calls? Pot calling kettle black?
2. Johnson - doubt it, considering he didn't play Watson much one year, and got spanked by him the next...Too unlikely.
3. Petrino - Possible...his defense did manage to hold Watson down (but then again, he got him early in the season when he was still adjusting to his brace and his repaired knee)...
4. Fisher - doubt it...he's never talked like that about any opponent, and tends to be quite respectful in his comments.

Re: This "anon" coach is nothing more than

Aug 10, 2016, 2:04 PM

I agree! Fedora! I was feeling the same thing! He's a complainer instead of a doer!

Re: Why heck yeah. Nothing more or nothing less.***

Aug 10, 2016, 1:38 PM [ in reply to This "anon" coach is nothing more than ]

Aug 10, 2016, 1:18 PM

Gotta be Brian Kelly, because failed "3pt" conversion.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2016, 1:32 PM

It'd be an ACC Coach....same one that spoke similar here:
http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/ACC-coaches-talk-anonymously-Clemson-23631

ND's not ACC in football, so it's not him.

He has a point on Leggett and sometimes other receivers

Aug 10, 2016, 1:26 PM

Jordan has improved in this regard but it's been a fairly common issue with all our TEs in recent memory except Duane Allen. Have also noticed some poor blocks by other receivers occasionally.
It's not a huge issue because we overcome it usually but there are some first downs we might not have missed if we had better blocking on the edge.

Oh if we didn't have DW blah blah blah. You can say that for any team in the history of sports

Aug 10, 2016, 1:27 PM

Name 1 championship caliber team that did not have a superstar. Guess what though? We have him and it counts just as much for us as it did for anybody else.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: Oh if we didn't have DW blah blah blah. You can say that for any team in the history of sports

Aug 10, 2016, 1:37 PM

Like the response. Nail It!

Re: Oh if we didn't have DW blah blah blah. You can say that for any team in the history of sports

Aug 10, 2016, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Oh if we didn't have DW blah blah blah. You can say that for any team in the history of sports ]

If the Oilers didn't have Gretzky, if the Bulls didn't have Jordan, if 'Bams didn't have Saban, if the Yankees didn't have Ruth, on and on we go. What I really find funny about this so-called "coach" is that he wants to keep his identity a secret. A big wuss in my opinion.

Re: Fedora. No doubt about it.***

Aug 10, 2016, 1:51 PM

Screw Calford.

He must coach for he Patriots! Sounds like he's talking from experience

Aug 10, 2016, 2:02 PM

Hahahahaha! In all honesty though it sounds like he's still confused and mad about Clemson beating him! Good!!!

I'm Lost.***

Aug 10, 2016, 2:28 PM

i hate the anonymous coach.

Aug 10, 2016, 2:33 PM

george is getting angry.

Sounds more like an anonymous SI Reporter

Aug 10, 2016, 2:38 PM

This could be an anonymous coach but sounds more like an SI reporter that wants to stir up some controversy with dumb comments. It is absolutely ridiculous for SI to publish this without stating who is making the comments. Poor reporting at its best. Seems like poor is the standard at SI.

With all the staff that Saban has...

Aug 10, 2016, 2:56 PM

You know there are multiple Alabama people analyzing other opponents signals each week. I'm sure he's the king of stealing signs. We already know he's the king of complaining.

An obvious hit-job by someone who is butt-hurt and

Aug 10, 2016, 4:29 PM

... doesn't like Clemson.

Implications/criticisms that didn't add up and lacked supporting evidence:

1) BV is late getting calls in because he STEALS signals (Really? Or, he might be waiting until opposing OC's makes their call before calling his own. That would be stupid, right? )

2) Clemson's OL doesn't knock anybody off the ball (tell that to all the DL's Clemson Offensive line freight-trains)

3) DW4 is our entire offense (The upcoming NFL draft disagrees with that assessment)

It makes me think of some grumpy old-timey coach who can't stand losing to Clemson and can't stand the fact that he's getting outcoached, out-athlete, and outclassed.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a Petrino whine to me. someone is jealous***

Aug 10, 2016, 4:29 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo will find out who said it. Wait and see.***

Aug 10, 2016, 4:44 PM

I have no doubt he ALREADY knows who it is!

Aug 10, 2016, 7:32 PM

nm

Anon Coach A.K.A. Paul Johnson***

Aug 10, 2016, 5:08 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Paul Johnson sends in plays with substitutions.***

Aug 10, 2016, 5:29 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 10, 2016, 7:09 PM

If we really are stealing signals, it's been a part of the game forever. Opposing team should do a better job of masking them. Oh, and thanks for the extra motivation for our team.

Aug 11, 2016, 10:22 AM

Too bad the turd is too embarrassed to identify himself, maybe he does not want to have 85 points hung on his team

Sit on it, Jimbo***

Aug 11, 2016, 11:39 PM

Re: An anonymous coach

Aug 13, 2016, 7:37 PM

is just somebody who isn't man enough to say it out loud and claim it. Sounds pretty chicken s-it to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 84
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic