Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
if auburn beats Bama and Ole miss wins egg bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

if auburn beats Bama and Ole miss wins egg bowl

Nov 24, 2014, 11:21 AM

Is it possible sec is left out of playoff? How funny would that be? Lol.

Anyone see this potentially playing out?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama won't leave the top 4***

Nov 24, 2014, 11:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

That's WHY they were put at number1

Nov 24, 2014, 11:23 AM

They'll only drop to 4 with a loss.

Re: Bama won't leave the top 4***

Nov 24, 2014, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Bama won't leave the top 4*** ]

They have to. Who will rep west? They could also lose title game

Oh, I agree that they should definitely drop out of the

Nov 24, 2014, 11:24 AM

top 4 if they lose to Auburn...but I don't believe the play off committee will do that...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Oh, I agree that they should definitely drop out of the

Nov 24, 2014, 11:26 AM

If they lose ugly they have to drop. Team they previously lost to just got shutout by arky.

I think it would take that plus Mizzou winning the SEC...

Nov 24, 2014, 11:23 AM

If all that happened, no SEC team in playoff IMO.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way in hayull. The SEC's slot in the playoff was secured

Nov 24, 2014, 11:27 AM

pre-season.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: No way in hayull. The SEC's slot in the playoff was secured

Nov 24, 2014, 11:40 AM

Let's say no sec team makes it in- what changes would be made to the system?

For starters, the world as we know it would have ended.

Nov 24, 2014, 11:49 AM

People would be snatched from their homes in the middle of the night. Bank accounts would mysteriously be emptied. An underground city in a remote location would appear. The power grid would shut down. Then we would worry about football.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Immediate expansion of the playoff to 8 teams

Nov 25, 2014, 7:24 AM [ in reply to Re: No way in hayull. The SEC's slot in the playoff was secured ]

would happen THIS year, with an amended list coming out the next week after the last original weeks rankings. The 4 extra spots would ALL be claimed by SEC teams, with them all seeded 1 through 4, so that they would not have to play each other until the second round. Then, if they all lost, the format would be immediately changed to Round Robin, double elimination. And so on, until an eventual SEC National Champion is crowned again. ESPN cannot have it any other way, since this is the year they launched their SEC Network.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are forgetting about Arkansas...

Nov 24, 2014, 11:44 AM

they will be in with a win over Missouri

Bama would be out with 2 losses...maybe

Nov 24, 2014, 11:47 AM

A bad loss to Auburn, and a bad loss to Mizzou in the SECCG. Possibly (though unlikely) even with only a loss in the SECCG. I don't think the playoff committee would be able to ignore that. However, I'm cynical enough to think that they'll somehow find a way to stick another SEC team in there if Bama falls.

Bama not out with two losses, if...

Nov 24, 2014, 12:11 PM

they lose to Auburn(don't think that will happen) and Miss State loses to Ole Miss, then Bama would still be in the SEC champ game. Win that and they are still in. If all SEC teams end up with at least two losses, the SEC champ game winner would still get in, unless it is MO.

I had been saying, anyone but Bama, but really, my ideal scenario is for Bama to get in the playoff, then lose to whoever in the first round. That would take them down more than getting left out. If they get left out because everyone has a least two losses, then the SEC pundits will be crying, saying the powerful SEC west just beat each other up, but they are still the best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, meant 2 additional losses***

Nov 24, 2014, 1:41 PM

I would love to see auburn beat Alabama

Nov 24, 2014, 11:55 AM

That would be awesome. If bama loses and Miss St loses to ole miss, who will go to the SEC championship game?

Re: I would love to see auburn beat Alabama

Nov 24, 2014, 11:12 PM

Bama, they beat Ms St head to head.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

II don't want the SEC left out of the playoff.

Nov 24, 2014, 12:14 PM

The only way to tip their egg cart is to get them on the field. I have to admit though, I'd love to see the reaction of the SEC homers on ESPiN if they were left out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. I want them in and i want somebody to beat them***

Nov 24, 2014, 12:16 PM

Nope. SEC should get 1 team in. NEVER 2 teams.***

Nov 24, 2014, 11:18 PM

No***

Nov 24, 2014, 11:43 PM

Re: if auburn beats Bama and Ole miss wins egg bowl

Nov 25, 2014, 1:50 AM

Easy here, auburn obviously has to move to #1, bama only would drop to #2, Georgia, since they beat auburn, gets the nod at #3, miss moves to #4, and miss state gets #5.

Since they can't leave an sec team out they make the playoff a 5 team playoff with a rematch of the egg bowl, since it will be a classic smash mouth, tough played game, the play-in game.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic