Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
if Trump fires Fauci, that would be akin to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 74
| visibility 981

if Trump fires Fauci, that would be akin to

Apr 13, 2020, 10:44 AM

Ford pardoning Nixon in that it would sink his reelection.

Lots of Americans including GOP voters admire Dr. Fauci

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2020/04/13/trump-retweets-call-to-fire-fauci-after-he-criticized-us-response-to-virus/#69d2f9051d67

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't matter what Trump does. People will vote for him

Apr 13, 2020, 10:50 AM

Am surprised at how quickly people are turning on Fauci.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree about this but I could be wrong. I think

Apr 13, 2020, 10:55 AM

there are lots of people who arent trump crazies but would support him over Biden for fiscal reasons. These people would not be OK with Trump firing someone who is going above and beyond in this time of crisis.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump could shoot someone in middle of 5th avenue ...

Apr 13, 2020, 11:11 AM

...and still get reelected. Strange but true. Trump is impenetrable by a large portion of his party, plus the Dems keep pushing flawed presidential candidates.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could be wrong too, but I think you’re wrong ha. I think you

Apr 13, 2020, 1:15 PM [ in reply to I disagree about this but I could be wrong. I think ]

would be right if Bernie was the nominee, but I think with Biden you’re not going to see many independents support Trump just for fiscal reasons. For example, myself, I’m more of a fan of Trump’s fiscal policy and overall platform than Biden, and while that’s important to me, Trump’s behavior over the last 4 years ensured I would not vote for him. Had Bernie won, then ok maybe I would have, but with Biden, he is more moderate, and congress will make sure nothing crazy “left” gets passed.

I think you’re going to see the Trump crazies and general Republicans vote Trump, and the independents and Dems vote Biden. I don’t what that works out to numbers wise, so my reasoning might be flawed because I still think Trump wins though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not surprised.

Apr 13, 2020, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Doesn't matter what Trump does. People will vote for him ]

There is a large segment of Americans who think anyone who dares to disagree with Trump on anything should be punished and threatened.

I mean, Jesus, you have some who cheered the firing of that Navy captain while also cheering the pardoning of war criminal Eddie Gallagher.

They're a very strange, dangerous group.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I feel bad for the guy.

Apr 13, 2020, 11:00 AM

I mean he's walking a tightrope daily between his boss and science. And his boss is walking a tightrope between an acceptable number of fatalities versus a sinking economy. Just bad all around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's absurd the abuse this man has taken.

Apr 13, 2020, 11:01 AM

He's up there trying to work to help keep America safe, and not only has he been threatened with losing his job because he dares to disagree here and there with Dear Leader, but he's had to beef up security because of whack-job Trumpie death threats.

Apparently he's automatically a liberal Dem because he dared to have a picture taken with Pelosi.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Who threatened to fire Fauci?***

Apr 13, 2020, 11:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You think...

Apr 13, 2020, 11:10 AM

When the president, your boss, retweets #FireFauci, that's not threatening to do it?

My God, go look at the tweet. He was retweeting

Apr 13, 2020, 12:02 PM

a tweet that he called out for being ########. Included as part of the ######## was #firefauci

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He absolutely is not.

Apr 13, 2020, 12:07 PM

The woman he reTweeted is a pro-Trump politician.

He's responding to this:

"Fauci is now saying that had Trump listened to the medical experts earlier he could have saved more lives."

Trump's response is that Fauci's claim is fake news and that he banned China "long before people spoke up."

Long before the medical experts spoke up. He's saying he took action before them. He's agreeing with Lorraine.

Now, he may not mean #FireFauci, but he #### well reTweeted it.

Y'all are doing a spin job.

Twitter's not the Bible, dude.

Apr 13, 2020, 12:30 PM [ in reply to My God, go look at the tweet. He was retweeting ]

You can't just pick and choose which parts to acknowledge and which parts to ignore.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Twitter's not the Bible, dude.

Apr 13, 2020, 12:38 PM

Fauci is learning that if you do enough interviews,

Apr 13, 2020, 11:23 AM [ in reply to It's absurd the abuse this man has taken. ]

you're bound to contradict yourself at some point.

If he did state on 2/29 that there was nothing to worry about and then said that the WH knew how bad it was in January - then he is speaking out of both sides of his mouth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those aren't contradictory statements.

Apr 13, 2020, 11:29 AM

Telling the American people on 2/29 that they had nothing to worry about on that day, in their everyday lives, is not the same thing as saying the virus is no big deal and that the government shouldn't be concerned.

Well - the NYT is using the "January" statement to say

Apr 13, 2020, 11:33 AM

the WH knew it was bad and did nothing. Then to have the WH advisor on the subject say "All is well" on 2/29 - it seems a bit contradictory to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not concerned about what the NYT is "saying"

If it's anything besides the reporting of facts.

I'm still just stating that it is contradictory for Fauci to

Apr 13, 2020, 11:38 AM

say the WH knew in Jan and then for himself to say all is well on 2/29.

Do you have a link to where he said "all is well"?***

Apr 13, 2020, 11:39 AM

C'mon TP. Saying no need to change your day-to-day behavior

Apr 13, 2020, 11:42 AM

implies that there is nothing to worry about.

That is preposterous. Really?

Apr 13, 2020, 11:43 AM

What a leap.

I really think you're missing the point by nitpicking my

Apr 13, 2020, 1:52 PM

choice of words.

Fauci was asked on CNN if the WH should have acted sooner. He said basically, maybe, because they were aware in January that it was going to be bad. (My assumption here is that Fauci was on the WH team in January.) If he was - then yes it would be very contradictory for him to say on 2/29 that folks should go on with there daily lives.

(You can't say things are going to be bad AND that they should go on with their daily lives if it's your job to warn people that things are going to be bad.)

Unless he didn’t know it was bad on 2/29, but since then has

Apr 13, 2020, 1:19 PM [ in reply to I'm still just stating that it is contradictory for Fauci to ]

seen evidence that the White House knew it was bad in Jan. Not sure when he was brought into the fold with Trump’s team.

But you are still mischaracterizing the 2/29 statement.

Apr 13, 2020, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Well - the NYT is using the "January" statement to say ]

He did not say "all is well". He said that, at that time, there was no reason for Americans to change any of their day-to-day behaviors.

IDC if he gets fired or not

Apr 13, 2020, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Fauci is learning that if you do enough interviews, ]

Fauci being fired is fake news.

Apr 13, 2020, 11:05 AM

The MSM has been trying to divide and conquer this administration all along in every situation and for each topic of news. Fauci is a faithful bureaucrat who doesn't have the sak to get himself fired. He won't buck the boss and I'm satisfied that Trump holds the reigns here.

Trump tells Pence what he wants in Trumpian type words. Pence uses that diplomatic attitude and voice to instruct his team. The tiny variations between the POTUS and Fauci make it appear that Trump isn't micromanaging Fauci. He is.

FAKE NEWS

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forbes is Fake News? did he tweet it or not?***

Apr 13, 2020, 11:07 AM

Anyone who says this is Trump threatening to...

fire Fauci just didn't see the Fauci interview. I saw it. Deanna Dorriane is a liar. Fauci did not say that if Trump had listed to medical experts early he would have reacted to the virus quicker. I watched the interview and only someone who wanted to drive a wedge between Fauci and Trump could have possibly spun it that way.

Trump is saying that DeAnna Dorriane is repeating or manufacturing fake news.

he retweet #firefauci that is a fact***

Apr 13, 2020, 11:37 AM

Here's the dammmmed tweet.

Apr 13, 2020, 11:41 AM
FireFauci.PNG(87.1 K)

Did he tweet #firefauci? Isn't that tag in the tweet Trump is addressing and in fact not otherwise not part of his composition?

It just shows how stupid some people are

Apr 13, 2020, 12:05 PM

There evidently some people that are stupid enough to believe that Trump was threatening to fire Fauci.

These are the same people that believe that Trump thought the virus was a Hoax.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can keep screaming "stupid"

Apr 13, 2020, 12:20 PM

But it doesn't make you less wrong.

He called it a hoax and meant it. He was echoing Lorraine's Tweet.

Period. Anything else is just a spin job, which is par for the course with y'all trying to explain his wide array of idiotic Tweets.

I'm surprised y'all aren't lobbying to have "hamburgers" changed to "hamberders".

Anyone who says this is Trump threatening to fire Fauci

Apr 13, 2020, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Anyone who says this is Trump threatening to... ]

is a complete IDIOT.

No, it's not.

Apr 13, 2020, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Fauci being fired is fake news. ]

And any Trumpie who ever--and I mean ever--yells "fake news" is just mad that some facts got reported that make Trump look bad.

Trump retweeted the call to fire him. And the call came from another elected official.

Nothing fake about it.

sirius questienne: whats he done for me to 'admire' him?***

Apr 13, 2020, 11:26 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: sirius questienne: whats he done for me to 'admire' him?***

Apr 13, 2020, 11:34 AM

President George W. Bush presented the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Dr. Anthony Fauci in 2008. These are Mr. Bush's remarks:
“The man who would lead the fight against this dreaded disease (AIDS) came from an Italian American family in Brooklyn. Even as a boy, Tony was distinguished by his courage. In a neighborhood full of Brooklyn Dodgers fans -- (laughter) -- he rooted for the Yankees. (Laughter.) Tony earned a full scholarship to Regis High School, a Jesuit school in Manhattan. And he still quotes what he learned from Jesuit teaching: "Precision of thought, economy of expression." And now you know why he never ran for public office. (Laughter.)

Those who know Tony do admit one flaw: sometimes he forgets to stop working. He regularly puts in 80-hour weeks. And from time to time, he's even found notes on his windshield left by coworkers that say things like, "Go home. You're making me feel guilty." (Laughter.) A friend once commented that Tony was so obsessed with work that his wife must be a pretty patient woman. The truth of the matter is, she's very busy herself. Christine Grady is a renowned bioethicist. And together they raised three talented daughters: Jennifer, Meghan, and Allison. And I hope each of you know that for all Tony has accomplished, he considers you to be one of his -- not one of his -- his most important achievement. Your love and support have strengthened him as he works to save lives across the world.

For his determined and aggressive efforts to help others live longer and healthier lives, I'm proud to award the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Dr. Anthony S. Fauci.” —President George W. Bush

Since then, Dr. Fauci has continued his tireless work. His experience can't be quantified. We are fortunate to have him on the team studying the pandemic in this Country.

I guess being wrong about everything gets you the Harvey

Apr 13, 2020, 11:40 AM

Weinstein Medal. Still dont 'admire' him. But no big deal. Can't really think of anyone at the moment i actually 'admire'.

Guess thats my problem

Re: I guess being wrong about everything gets you the Harvey

Apr 13, 2020, 11:53 AM

so is that the talking point for firing him? attack him

Apr 13, 2020, 12:02 PM

as a bad doctor. wow

who's firing him?***

Apr 13, 2020, 12:12 PM

Didn't say he was a bad doctor

Apr 13, 2020, 12:14 PM [ in reply to so is that the talking point for firing him? attack him ]

Fire him for what?

Apr 13, 2020, 11:28 AM

This is another example of the fact that I don't think the two men disagree as much as cable news wants you to think they do. They're both doing a good job.

Re: Fire him for what?

Apr 13, 2020, 11:32 AM

How is cable news affecting the fact that Trump Tweeted out to millions #FireFauci?

I doubt he noticed the hashtag.

Apr 13, 2020, 11:39 AM

It was a silly tweet, as are a lot of his tweets.

He was addressing the hashtag.

Apr 13, 2020, 11:44 AM

When you respond to a communication you quote the message so folks will put your comment in context. What is wrong with these people?

How, specifically, was he addressing it?***

He said it was fake news.

Apr 13, 2020, 12:10 PM

Read the tweet.

What part is he claiming is fake news?

Apr 13, 2020, 12:13 PM

You're claiming he's calling pro-Trump Lorraine fake news?

Yes, that's exactly what he was doing.

Apr 13, 2020, 12:27 PM

Robert Mueller reported he found no evidence that any American colluded with Russia too. You been wrong so much you can't see straight.

Re: Yes, that's exactly what he was doing.

Apr 13, 2020, 12:28 PM

Dude, you have a very short memory about what I said on Mueller, and you're just trying to throw red herrings into an argument you're losing.

You know what Trump meant in the Tweet. You're intentionally spinning.

that's gross incompetence if you are the leader of the

Apr 13, 2020, 11:50 AM [ in reply to I doubt he noticed the hashtag. ]

free world and dont read a tweet before retweeting. I don't think this president is incompetent. I believe this was calculated as a test balloon for firing.

As POTUS...

Apr 13, 2020, 11:52 AM [ in reply to I doubt he noticed the hashtag. ]

It's his responsibility to thoroughly read the messages he sends out to the people, and if he didn't mean to send that out, it's even worse.

Yes...I obviously agree.***

POTUS was calling the tweet which he quoted as...

Apr 13, 2020, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Fire him for what? ]

fake news. That's all. I saw the interview with Fauci and he said nothing criticizing the POTUS reaction or timing other than pointing out they had bad information. 'They,' meaning him, the CDC and POTUS.

doesnt matter what Fauci said or didnt say

Apr 13, 2020, 11:38 AM

what matters is Trump's tweet

Look you maroon.

Apr 13, 2020, 11:47 AM

what matters is Trump's tweet

When you address a comment you quote the comment so that everyone knows the context of your comment.

I quoted you, does that mean I am agreeing with you? No just the opposite. Is anyone here so ignorant as to think I'm agreeing with you because I quoted you? No, then why are the idiots out today>

Another problem with the Fauci situation

Apr 13, 2020, 11:44 AM

is that cable entertainment news wants you to think he criticized the President yesterday, when he did no such thing.

now I agree with that. but like I said above

Apr 13, 2020, 11:51 AM

the issue isnt what Fauci said (at least for me) its what Trump retweeted.

So two of us saw the Fauci interview and....

Apr 13, 2020, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Another problem with the Fauci situation ]

obviously Trump saw it. All together there seem to be at least three who didn't fall for fake news.

If Trump fire's Fauci, how will you defend him?***

Apr 13, 2020, 11:57 AM

I think he should have fired Fauci because...

Apr 13, 2020, 12:08 PM

Fauci is the head of NIH and should have given better warning than he did back in Feb when he played the virus down. Even into March he missed the seriousness of the threat.

Remember all those cruise ship being quarantined?

“If you are a healthy young person, there is no reason if you want to go on a cruise ship, go on a cruise ship. But the fact is that if you have…an individual who has an underlying condition, particularly an elderly person who has an underlying condition, I would recommend strongly that they do not go on a cruise ship.” Fauci

https://www.forbes.com/sites/douggollan/2020/03/09/fauci-says-cruising-is-ok-if-you-are-healthy/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Imo, Trump is using Fauci for insulations.

Meh. It'd still be DJT vs. Sleepy Joe in November.

Apr 13, 2020, 11:51 AM

Those debates will be popcorn worthy.

Lots could (and has already) happened between now and then.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geez, people are so stupid. He just retweeted a tweet

Apr 13, 2020, 12:00 PM

that had #FireFauci in the tweet. He was calling them out for fake news. How is this hard to understand?

Who, specifically, was he calling out for fake news?***

Apr 13, 2020, 12:01 PM

Lorraine, the lady who tweeted the fake news.***

Apr 13, 2020, 12:16 PM

No, he's not.

Apr 13, 2020, 12:21 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/He-absolutely-is-not-27120763

Jes, amigo, he is calling FAKE NEWS on both...

Apr 13, 2020, 12:32 PM

Lorriane and the sources she quoted and the '#fireFauci,' tag. FAKE NEWS.

BTW, I still have our 50 point bet on Trump getting 14+% of black vote marked. I can't wait to collect. I'm going to make this last for years. This would be one of the post I come back to and make you TU it.

The intent is very clear.

Apr 13, 2020, 12:40 PM

Even Fox News is stating the intent was to call Fauci fake news, not Lorraine.

Was that the bet? Sure, cool, whatever. Just remind me when I have TU if I lose. I probably will forget the bet if I win.

Does this put you closer to the steak knives if I lose?

So how long until Trump fires Fauci?***

Apr 13, 2020, 12:49 PM

I don't know that he does.

Apr 13, 2020, 12:54 PM

I doubt he does. I doubt he even noticed that line in the Tweet. Which goes back to the facts: He wasn't defending Fauci with that re-Tweet.

Re: I don't know that he does.

Apr 13, 2020, 12:58 PM

Because people love fake news.

Apr 13, 2020, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Geez, people are so stupid. He just retweeted a tweet ]
FireFauci.PNG(87.1 K)

2 1/2 years of 'RUSSIA COLLUSION,' with 'Obstruction of Congress,' and one tweet gaslights the idiots who can't comprehend the concept that a 'quote,' gives context to your comment isn't surprising.

Imagine Trump's tweet without Lorriane's tweet and what do you have?

why would he retweet that??***

Apr 13, 2020, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Geez, people are so stupid. He just retweeted a tweet ]

I think it's pretty clear what happened

Apr 13, 2020, 12:25 PM

Replies: 74
| visibility 981
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic