Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
iPhone dot net
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 744

iPhone dot net

Sep 24, 2020, 9:04 AM

This iOS 14 update is awesome

App Library is great. You can clear up all of the clutter by moving semi used apps to the library

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Android!***

Sep 24, 2020, 9:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

serially tho. The update has moved close enough to Android

Sep 24, 2020, 9:11 AM

I may actually make a switch, cause of the camera. But 1300 may not make it worth it.

Waiting to see how the Pixel will be. Its supposed to be a mid-tier phone, with mid-tier price, but their camera's are top notch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pixl isn't a mid-tier. I looked at it but ultimately went

Sep 24, 2020, 9:16 AM

with the Note9 (even tho the 10 was out) because it was a couple hundy cheaper. My mom's had a couple of pixls though and like them. Best thing about them is they don't have bloatware.

Gonna switch my wife to an Android next time. Her ifone keeps eating up all our data by constantly disconnecting from wifi.

previous yrs, correct. This year is

Sep 24, 2020, 9:18 AM

Supposed to be around $700. doesn't have the premium chip. Looks like smaller screen. No XL?

https://www.androidcentral.com/699-pixel-5-could-be-bargain-year

I'd pay the $700 if the battery life was better

Sep 24, 2020, 10:18 AM

My Pixel 3 either has a defective battery or the model battery just sucks.

My work iPhone stays charged for 3 days, Pixel only 12 hours.

Love the Pixel, but if the battery life doesn't improve with Pixel 5, I'm gonna look elsewehre.

Look man, I have had Android phones and I have had iPhones

Sep 24, 2020, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Thanks Android!*** ]

The ability to do more shit with the Android is great for a minute or two, then you just find a routine. However, most every android I have had has NEEDED replacing badly before the two year mark. However, every iPhone is good to go at the 2 year mark. My current XR is like 22 months old and still going strong (please don't jinx this). This will keep me in iPhones forever.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it was a joke. But anyway, I'm still on s8+, going on 4 yrs

Sep 24, 2020, 9:26 AM

now. speed is still great but battery is finally starting to go.

I will give you, Android had growing pains.

Never used Android so I really cannot compare

Sep 24, 2020, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Look man, I have had Android phones and I have had iPhones ]

Do they still not update the OS for old phones? I know at one time that was an issue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aside from breaking the screen on my note 5 and the plug

Sep 24, 2020, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Look man, I have had Android phones and I have had iPhones ]

connector on my note8 (both my fault for fugging up), my Androids have run without any issues at all.

another reason I'm thinking of switching, it feels like

Sep 30, 2021, 2:19 PM

google has lost interest in making Android interesting.

With this release, its clear apple is willing to change, even if it means being more android like.

google hasn't done much in at least 3 yrs on the software end.
Their pixel, they never seem to care to make it top class(except camera).

google is much more than android, so it makes sense. Where apple is pretty much all iphone as their main bidness.

google needs to wake out of their sleep.

if iphone 12 doesnt come with usb c plug

Sep 24, 2020, 9:47 AM

someone needs to burn down their spaceship

j/k, not really, no j/k

My 11 came with lightning to USB C

Sep 24, 2020, 10:38 AM

Charges super fast

they need to kill the lightning connection, is my pt

Sep 24, 2020, 10:48 AM

my mac has usb c

My wife’s does as well

Sep 24, 2020, 11:25 AM

I couldn’t tell if that was the direction you were headed, it agreed

Maybe I just had bad luck with Samsung Galaxy(s)***

Sep 24, 2020, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Aside from breaking the screen on my note 5 and the plug ]

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had an iphone 3g as my first touch screen

Sep 24, 2020, 10:07 AM

then tried a Nokia Windows phone (loved that fone). Then I got the Samsung 3GS (the ones that overheated and caught fire). I wanted to try all the operating systems before choosing loyalty (well now there's pixel). After my first samsung, I stuck with it because ###### if it didn't just keep on working. I like my stylus too with the note, and there's an app when i get a new phone that it just brings over all my stuff automatically (apps, wifi links, bluetoof, etc.) It's like I just get a new fone and I'm already done setting it up. Walk in, walk out, 20 minutes.

my daughter had the 8, her charge didnt last 6 hrs

Sep 24, 2020, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Maybe I just had bad luck with Samsung Galaxy(s)*** ]

She now has the 11 and it lasts all day.

iphones had battery issues as well

Maybe I am not a power user, I think I had the 7 then a

Sep 24, 2020, 10:51 AM

Galaxy for work, then got the XR. There may have been another Galaxy through work in there. Comparing those 4 phones, iPhone was the way to go.

I gotta agree with that.

Sep 24, 2020, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Look man, I have had Android phones and I have had iPhones ]

I'm still using an Iphone 7 I bought on Ebay about 4 years ago. It still seems to do everything I need to do, and there's no effing way I'm 1) financing a phone, or 2) spending $1000+ on one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just an FYI, Swappa's a good site to buy fones***

Sep 24, 2020, 10:36 AM

This is nice to know. I've never heard of Swappa. They

Sep 24, 2020, 10:45 AM

got any Star Tacs?

I think I gave $500 for it then; it's 128GB and had a

Sep 24, 2020, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Just an FYI, Swappa's a good site to buy fones*** ]

warranty, so I was good with it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$500 for a phone that lasts 4 years. Not too bad.***

Sep 24, 2020, 10:49 AM

yep, i bought a cheapy from there after i broke one of

Sep 24, 2020, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Just an FYI, Swappa's a good site to buy fones*** ]

mine.

The biggest downside of Android is

Sep 24, 2020, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Look man, I have had Android phones and I have had iPhones ]

when someone sends you a text and it's green they immediately know you are a UDP

someone needs to inform samsung. they aint pricing

Sep 24, 2020, 11:05 AM

it as udp, them sumbitches

Replies: 26
| visibility 744
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic