»
Topic: New Story: Win wasn't pretty, but Swinney says football isn't a beauty pageant"
Replies: 11   Last Post: Nov 15, 2015 12:33 PM by: Tiger1955
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 11  

New Story: Win wasn't pretty, but Swinney says football isn't a beauty pageant"

[1]
Posted: Nov 15, 2015 9:24 AM

Win wasn't pretty, but Swinney says football isn't a beauty pageant"

Football is different from a beauty pageant, and Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said that anyone who isn’t pleased with the Tigers’ win over Syracuse needs to “back off the ledge.” Full Story »

The Eye Test ain't gonna like this...***

Posted: Nov 15, 2015 9:26 AM

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

I disagree here

Posted: Nov 15, 2015 9:27 AM

Football, college football at least, is a beauty pageant. I really think as long as we win, it will not matter, but make no mistake, polls definitely judge the ease of wins.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: I disagree here

[2]
Posted: Nov 15, 2015 10:02 AM

Ask Stanford and Baylor if they would trade places with us. Lol
Oh. I forgot LSU.

Who said that they would not?

Posted: Nov 15, 2015 11:26 AM

Straw men do what straw men do I guess.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

I agree with the disagreement...

Posted: Nov 15, 2015 12:31 PM

people to notice the "eye test". I just worry that opponents have figured out our weakness/tendency in defense and we are not able to learn/adjust.

We'll find out on Tuesday how important the eye test is to

Posted: Nov 15, 2015 10:13 AM

the committee. If Bama jumps us then eye test is obviously a big factor in their eyes.

Re: We'll find out on Tuesday how important the eye test is to

Posted: Nov 15, 2015 10:44 AM

Bama will and possibly Ohio State. If that puts us 3rd...then we are on the edge of the cliff. One more eye "candyless" win and we might be out. Now days you better take care of business the way Vegas says you should or it will hurt you. Big business! Bama beat a ranked team. Ohio State won their eye candy game like they were predicted to.

If Bama jumps us, you can be assured that the incessant

[1]
Posted: Nov 15, 2015 10:47 AM

pounding from ESiPN has met it mark. Clearly, showing it successful impact on the committee.

There is no way in hellthat you can justify a one-loss team beaten by a three loss team, should be on top two, 10-0 teams. Except, for pure unadulterated bias.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

i would hate to have played Bama......

Posted: Nov 15, 2015 12:27 PM

With the defense that showed up yesterday. Henry would still be running. at the start of the season we all thought the defense would be an Issue with everyone leaving but it turns out they have played better than the expectations. I guess we Tigers fans have been spoiled and expect them to be better than they really should be. I'm a little worried about playing the Tarheels.

Re: i would hate to have played Bama......

Posted: Nov 15, 2015 12:33 PM

Me too, Heels worry me. at USC their wildcat might hurt us? (Or is cooper their main stream qb?, i have not followed them.)

Some people are just insane...

[2]
Posted: Nov 15, 2015 12:32 PM

First, it's not enough wins. "14-1? Horrible Season."
Then, the wins aren't good enough. "Won by only 10 points? Terrible."
Next, they won't be the "Right Kind" of wins. "450 yards rushing and only 150 passing? Horrible balance!"
Some people are ascending to coot level delusion this year.
There are about 115 other teams out there that would be happy to just be undefeated, including 2 in the Top 5.

Replies: 11  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 2 Season Tickets in Section S, Row FF, Seats 16 & 18. Asking $1100 per ticket. Shoot me an email wit...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
2279 people have read this post