Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why are tix to New Orleans cheaper than tix to Tampa?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Why are tix to New Orleans cheaper than tix to Tampa?

Jan 7, 2020, 10:34 AM

I read where this is the 4th highest priced game. The Tampa natty was 3rd.

Clemson to Tampa is 8hr 20 min according to google.
Clemson to New Orleans is 8hr 50 min.

Baton Rouge to New Orleans is 1 hour.

Are LSU fans just that poor? Are Clemson fans tired of traveling? How is this ticket not one of the most expensive tickets in history when fanbases are so close?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to mention that New Orleans is much more interesting

Jan 7, 2020, 10:37 AM

to visit than Tampa.

Speaking for myself - I think Clemson fans are "tired of

Jan 7, 2020, 10:42 AM

travelling". I've been to 2 semi-final games and 1 Natty (The Tigers are 3-0 in those games, by the way - so it's been lots of fun.)

$4K for tickets to this game is just too much after going to the other 3 games in previous years. BUT, if this were The Tigers first trip - I'd drop the $4K in a second.

(I'm too far down the IPTAY totem pole to get enough "face value" tickets.)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm just surprised LSU fans are driving up the prices

Jan 7, 2020, 10:45 AM

You'd think they would pay anything because they don't have to get a hotel, and they've never been in this position before in cfp era.

Prices spiked a couple of days before the game in Tampa -

Jan 7, 2020, 10:57 AM

My guess is that the LSU folks are waiting for prices to come down. When they don't - everyone will rush to buy so they can be there...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i was tracking the prices during our semi game.......

Jan 7, 2020, 11:21 AM [ in reply to I'm just surprised LSU fans are driving up the prices ]

when Ohio State was up 16-0 prices shot up to $1,700-$1,800........when we took the lead they dropped to $1,100-$1,200........ever since we won they've hovered between $850-$1,000.

I know a lot of Clemson fans that went to tampa and/or Santa Clara, but are sitting this one out.

It's likely a "been there done that" mentality and/or a "let's refill the bank account" mentality.

Re: Speaking for myself - I think Clemson fans are "tired of

Jan 7, 2020, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Speaking for myself - I think Clemson fans are "tired of ]

Every IPTAY member who requested tickets got at least 2 for face value. See below from IPTAY...

"It has been a point of pride for our athletic department and IPTAY to provide the opportunity for EVERY IPTAY donor who requested a ticket by the deadline to be able to purchase at least two tickets to the National Championship game since Clemson Football began earning berths in the College Football Playoff.

If Clemson participates in the CFP National Championship Game, IPTAY members with the following point values will have their orders filled with the number of tickets requested, so long as it does not exceed the following maximum ticket quantities. If the requested number is in excess of the following maximum quantities, the order will be reduced to the quantity listed below.

1,500+ priority points – no more than 14 tickets
1000-1499 priority points – no more than 12 tickets
750-999 priority points – no more than 10 tickets
500-749 priority points – no more than 8 tickets
250-499 priority points – no more than 6 tickets
65-249 priority points – no more than 4 tickets
1-64 priority points – no more than 2 tickets"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah - I should rephrase that - it's complicated (family

Jan 7, 2020, 10:53 AM

stuff) - but my family stepped aside so other family members could use our allocated tickets...

Re: Speaking for myself - I think Clemson fans are "tired of

Jan 7, 2020, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Speaking for myself - I think Clemson fans are "tired of ]

Iptay fans who get more tickets than they use should have to sell them to Iptay people who did not get tickets of to Clemson fans at face value + 10%. They should not be gouging Clemson fans.

Superdome has higher seating capacity 10k

Jan 7, 2020, 10:43 AM

I think a lot of Clemson fans are holding off. I wouldn’t doubt if it is 30-35% Clemson.

Re: Why are tix to New Orleans cheaper than tix to Tampa?

Jan 7, 2020, 10:45 AM

Not all Clemson fans live in Clemson. Our drive to Tampa was 8 hours while NO is 11 hours from Florence. Still going though. With that said tickets have done much the same to this point as they did for Tampa. 10 days out prior to Tampa the tickets were around 1000 and then dropped slightly to 700 before skyrocketing to 1500. Just remains to be seen whether these go up significantly by end of the week. Supply is much higher to this point that i can remember however.

Yeah, I'm assuming on Friday, LSU locals are gonna pounce

Jan 7, 2020, 10:46 AM

but who knows.

Clemson hadn't won a NC in 25 years......

Jan 7, 2020, 10:58 AM

you had a couple generations that had never seen Clemson win a national title.

Clemson fans were going to Tampa for the most part "at all costs". Those that went saw one of the greatest finishes in a national championship in history and it was a Clemson victory.

I don't think it's Clemson fans are "tired" of traveling..............it's just so dang expensive.

Tampa blew up late

Jan 7, 2020, 11:01 AM

New Orleans is much higher than Tampa was six days before the game. New Orleans also has about 15,000 more upper level seats than Tampa so that keeps the average price much lower.

Re: Tampa blew up late

Jan 7, 2020, 11:09 AM

That's true, but Tampa expanded their stadium by about 10,000 seats for that game. From around 65k to 75k.

The Superdome lists it's capacity around 75k with the ability to expand to around 78-79k, so not a ton of difference overall. Maybe you're only talking about upper deck though in which case, wouldn't that make the lower levels even more expensive?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tampa has almost 15,000 fewer upper level seats

Jan 7, 2020, 11:16 AM

Uppers are the cheapest. So the average price is lower the more upper level seats you have.

Re: Tampa has almost 15,000 fewer upper level seats

Jan 7, 2020, 12:19 PM

Gotcha. I missed the word "average". Thought you were saying that having more tickets available keeps the price down, but that makes sense.

Re: Tampa has almost 15,000 fewer upper level seats

Jan 7, 2020, 12:39 PM

Yeah it gets confusing when people talk about most expensive ticket. The original poster is using average ticket price. Lowers and clubs for this game are much higher than Tampa was at this point. Like at least double.

But all of the upper level tickets are keeping the average price down. There is still a lot of inventory to work through. I can’t make up my mind what I think this ticket will do. Uppers will be somewhere between $800-$1200 come Sunday but I can’t decide if it will be closer to $800 or $1200.

One thing to keep in mind is the most expensive ticket of the entire season was LSU at Texas. By far. Was that more because of LSU or Texas? I sold about 300 tickets to that game and most were to LSU fans. An hour before the game that was still a $600 ticket. It makes me think LSU is going to buy very heavy this weekend and Monday.

Jan 7, 2020, 1:03 PM

nm

Jan 7, 2020, 1:04 PM

I don’t get the desire for Clemson to be involved in the most expensive Natty. Do you get a badge or trophy for that? Do we love Clemson less because the average ticket price is lower? Tired of everybody pulling for us to have the highest paid coach, highest ticket price, most expensive football building, etc. By the way New Orleans is a pretty crappy destination compared to Tampa.

Clemson / New Orleans is mostly downhill, saving jet fuel.

Jan 7, 2020, 2:19 PM

You are welcome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic