Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I honestly can't believe you people
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

I honestly can't believe you people

Mar 28, 2013, 5:26 PM

Can you seriously not support a purple out for ONE GAME? And it isn't just for the sake of wearing purple this time, it's for honoring wounded soldiers. Of all the people on earth, I would expect Clemson fans to support this cause more than anyone.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I honestly can't believe you people

Mar 28, 2013, 5:27 PM

Only if they do Purple Helmets too......

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

and the artist formerly known as Prince dots the i in Tigers.***

Mar 28, 2013, 6:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

What do you mean, "you people"?

Mar 28, 2013, 5:29 PM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What do you mean, "you people"? I suspect if you

Mar 28, 2013, 5:33 PM

are asking then you are one. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indeed! I am a people. +1

Mar 28, 2013, 5:34 PM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i was in 3d Battalion 5th Marines (3/5) in Afghanistan

Mar 28, 2013, 6:37 PM

and when i see the Purple Out, knowing that it is in honor of the fallen, i'll remember all of the fallen in our nation's wars and the 26 killed and 181 wounded brothers from 3/5 who shed blood right beside me in the bloodiest battle in the Afghanistan War. Anyone who diminishes this or pulls the Purple is "gay" or "feminine" or "soft" is so misguided and immature, it's ridiculous. Purple is our secondary school color and we should shove it down everyone's throats. Secondly, the Purple Out on Military Appreciation Day goes way beyond any color bias....it's honoring those who have been killed and wounded in combat, keeping our free country FREE.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BOOOMM!!!

Mar 28, 2013, 7:01 PM

This should be permanently pinned to the top of the board

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: i was in 3d Battalion 5th Marines (3/5) in Afghanistan

Mar 28, 2013, 7:05 PM [ in reply to i was in 3d Battalion 5th Marines (3/5) in Afghanistan ]

well said and thanks for your service

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that is total ######## to tie your service and the fallen to

Mar 28, 2013, 7:46 PM [ in reply to i was in 3d Battalion 5th Marines (3/5) in Afghanistan ]

us having to support Purple for sports teams.

Dude, thats over the line.

it's for the children.***

Mar 28, 2013, 8:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: that is total ######## to tie your service and the fallen to

Mar 28, 2013, 9:18 PM [ in reply to that is total ######## to tie your service and the fallen to ]

Same thing as not being allowed to disagree with them because they fought for your freedom of speech. Bizarre.

Purple is one of Clemson's colors, but everyone knows Clemson means ORANGE. When I think of teams wearing purple, I picture Furman, Kansas State, and the Lakers.

seeing them in a SCHOOL COLOR to honor the fallen

Mar 28, 2013, 9:23 PM [ in reply to that is total ######## to tie your service and the fallen to ]

is total justification to me for them wearing Purple on the field....honoring the fallen is overwhelming to me, brother. I knew every one of those Marines in 3/5 who died in Sangin, Afghanistan in '10 and '11. Purple is a secondary color for the Tigers and always has been. Blue isn't and White isn't either. And us wearing it to honor the fallen makes a dude like me reference DIRECTLY to my service and the fallen warriors who've signed a check to this nation payable up to their life in combat so that we can watch the Clemson Tigers hit someone in the mouth on Saturdays.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Post of the Year

Mar 28, 2013, 8:44 PM [ in reply to i was in 3d Battalion 5th Marines (3/5) in Afghanistan ]

Thank you, sir, for both your service and your perspective.

I can't believe people thinks it matters to complain ab it

Mar 28, 2013, 6:50 PM

It's for a great cause, and some ppl think just bc they don't like it it's going to change? Clemson doesn't owe people anything. All of these people who complain ab coaches and traditions are ridiculous. The only thing they have riding on Clemson is maybe donating money, graduating from Clemson, and trash talking between friends. People on tigernet have a false sense of entitlement. This is just a message board to support Clemson and talk about things affecting Clemson, not bash every decision and pretend they are an AD or know what's best for Clemson. I guess people getting mad ab supporting the troops really got to me, but its become ridiculous. Sit behind the keyboard and pretend Clemson owes you wins or owes you your traditions. Good luck with that

I'm with you, something we should all take pride in.***

Mar 28, 2013, 6:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we wore no purple the last two seasons and had our two

Mar 28, 2013, 7:45 PM

best years in a LONG time. And we want to F with it?

No thanks.

^^^^^^^^Loved the finale of "Lost"***

Mar 28, 2013, 7:53 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

we wore no purple under tommy west

Mar 28, 2013, 7:55 PM [ in reply to we wore no purple the last two seasons and had our two ]

and went 3-8 his last season.

It's the citadel. we could wear pink and win.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Pink is next...***

Mar 28, 2013, 7:57 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The opinions of the few are not those of the Tnet masses

Mar 28, 2013, 8:14 PM

Supporting the military is as important as supporting Clemson.

And it would be the same players out there wearing pink

Mar 28, 2013, 8:19 PM

That wear orange every game. If you don't like it, don't support. Go pull for somebody else with your favorite colors. But please don't, I'm sure everyone would notice if your seat was empty and everyone couldn't hear your big manly cheer lol and God forbid somebody beside you not having to listen to what all of your play calls would have been. Lol you guys are funny, you big manly retired football legends and ex coaches.

Wearing certain colors do not win the games.

Mar 28, 2013, 8:29 PM

The players do. Superstitious fools.

Re: Wearing certain colors do not win the games.

Mar 28, 2013, 9:37 PM

*doesn't*

And besides, it's against the Citadel. We'll be fine regardless of what color the fans wear.

Wrong sport

Mar 28, 2013, 8:36 PM

Football players aren't very superstitious. They change wrist bands, shoes, lots of different stuff. Today, it's all ab what looks good. Baseball players are still very superstitious, but I really don't think superstition goes in this case

Maybe everyone will BOOOO the purple this year if

Mar 28, 2013, 8:38 PM

young men or women decide to join the military! Its their American right, dangit!

Purple for Citadel game

Mar 28, 2013, 8:49 PM

I will cooperate and wear a purple shirt, but since the Citadel game will be on the third Saturday in November
I will probably need to wear my Orange winter coat over
my shirt to stay warm.

NO. We need to get the purple out of our system as much as

Mar 28, 2013, 9:08 PM

possible. Some people continue to wear purple during other games and it dilutes the Orange. But, I will say this, if we are going to continue to have two Purple stripes on the helmet, we need a Purple stripe between the two Orange ones on our pants. It just does not look right the way it is now.

Dang. Did not realize it was to honor our Military. My

Mar 28, 2013, 9:09 PM

apologies.

Mar 29, 2013, 12:02 AM

Not to sound crass, but really, what does college football have to do with wounded soldiers? Why don't we honor the firemen who lose their lives each year, or the highway patrolmen and policemen shot in the line of duty. Are they not worthy of the same recognition......and where does it all end? To me, all this is more than a bit self-serving for the big name uniform manufacturers, and the universities themselves.

Mar 29, 2013, 8:07 AM

It's Military Appreciate Day. Not to mention that The Citadel is a military academy. It's not that it's a football game, per se, but that the occasion has been designated to honor our military. What's not to understand about that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Look, I got a Purple Heart a long time

Mar 29, 2013, 12:42 AM

ago. Clemson has a purple uniform the team wears sparingly. But to try to get the team to wear purple because it "honors the wounded," is a cheap shot and insults the medal I got. When purple unis were worn the last time, was it in honor of wounded troops????

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Look, I got a Purple Heart a long time

Mar 29, 2013, 6:23 AM

GrayBengal, Thanks so much for your service and sacrifice for our country, as well as all soldiers who have proudly worn the respective uniform of their branches of service. You said better what I was trying to say-all of this reeks of self-serving promotion by someone or someones with something ($$$?) to gain!!

Re: Look, I got a Purple Heart a long time

Mar 29, 2013, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Look, I got a Purple Heart a long time ]

If I'm not mistaken, Gray, the purple out is all about the fans wearing purple on that day to show their respect to those who have sacrificed to serve our country. I would agree if it were simply a matter of the team wearing purple unis. It's not. It's about the fans doing something to create a visual statement in order to show honor to our many heroes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re:Hey***

Mar 29, 2013, 7:10 AM

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic