Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will we even end up with a top 10
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Will we even end up with a top 10

Jun 24, 2016, 6:15 PM

2017 recruiting class? Everybody else (Tenneessee, Ohio State, Florida among others..)seem to be raking them in while we sit and wait......(crickets....)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really?

Jun 24, 2016, 6:16 PM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Yeah, really.

Jun 24, 2016, 6:19 PM

Just wondering, it's been terribly quiet for quite a while...no commits out of the camps....

There is this thing, it is called the 85 scholarship limit.

Jun 24, 2016, 7:11 PM

When I get to worrying about class rankings I always go take a look who we have, then I take a look at our roster and realize we are stacked and near our limit on numbers. I would like to get them all too, but 85 limit says no.

Re: Will we even end up with a top 10

Jun 24, 2016, 6:20 PM

We're not having the early-in-cycle home runs we've enjoyed recently but when it's all said and done, yes, I am confident it will be a Top 10-15 class. Not to sound like Sam Hinkie here, but #TrustTheProcess

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Florida's # 22 w/ a 3.3* average

Jun 24, 2016, 6:27 PM

Tennessee is #5 with a 3.11* average

Ohio State is #2 with a 4* average

Clemson is #13 with a 3.7* average

Tell again how Florida and Tennessee are doing better

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/

Clemson is currently #6 based on star rating average.

Jun 24, 2016, 6:33 PM

Quality not quantity, People get confused with this every year, as the recruiting services based their class ratings on quantity plus quality. I think the final tallies are based on 25 recruits. When does Clemson take 25 ?

We sign less and retain more. WHen the Coots were on

Jun 24, 2016, 10:24 PM

probation and had to reduce their scholarship numbers by 6 over a 3 year period, they still signed more players than we did during that period.But guess what, about 25% of their signees left before the 3rd year. No way Coty Sensabaugh would have ever become an NFL star had he gone to South Carolina. Has Hobby had a single DE that has not made an NFL roster since he came back to Clemson.

I assume that is sarcasm.**

Jun 24, 2016, 6:32 PM

nm

i smell chicken***

Jun 24, 2016, 6:48 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2016, 6:52 PM

One thing to keep in mind. Tennessee already had their "Orange Carpet Day". We still have our All In cookout coming up in July. I don't know who might commit but don't we always get at least 1 on our wish list?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2016, 6:53 PM

Chicken feathers!
We already have several awesome recruits/commits. We have a limited number of spots this year and we are being selective. Quality is always more important than quantity.

Stay calm

Jun 24, 2016, 6:58 PM

...some schools sign lots of players every year (SEC schools). When you're averaging 28 players per year rankings are deceiving. It's usually the result of High Attrition...and that's bad.

High attrition is the result of POOR player evaluation....see examples:

Arrests
Bad grades
Disciplinary issues

What really matters is the QUALITY of the players we're signing, not the quantity. Clemson doesn't recruit high numbers of players because we're not running them off. Our players are actually graduating.

I suspect if somebody bothered to re-rank the last 5-6 years recruiting cycles our classes would be somewhere in the top 5-10 (by using NFL scouts to evaluate talent). We're sending lots of players to the NFL....TEXAS would love to be us at the moment.

Clemson is recruiting absolute studs. If you're worried about Tennessee's and UF's recruits its because you aren't aware of the information I presented above. We're going to have a small class....and it's probably going to be one of the 2-5 most talented groups in the country. We're good.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome reply...

Jun 24, 2016, 7:01 PM

Thanks for the information and the courteous way it was delivered! You make perfect sense....

Re: Awesome reply...

Jun 24, 2016, 7:51 PM

Sure...glad to hear you took it well. When I was a student it was a bit fuzzy, but after watching 20+ recruiting classes come and go I have a better feeling for it.

Dabo Swinney & Co. evaluate talent better than any other coaching staff I've seen at Clemson. They simply do not miss on many guys.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stay calm

Jun 24, 2016, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Stay calm ]

Reckless, my friend, nailed it.

Yes, he did, completely ***

Jun 24, 2016, 7:11 PM

Nm

Re: Stay calm

Jun 24, 2016, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Stay calm ]

A more realistic number re recruiting rankings is the average star rating. Tennessee and South Carolina's current ranking is skewed due to numbers. Tennessee's haul of 7 or 8 commitments in a short period were virtually all 3 *** recruits. South Carolina's current ranking is based on numbers, not quality. If we sign only 18 - 20 next February, we will not be in the top rankings but will have a high average rating for the class. Most rankings are based on 25 max.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very well said. Your post should be c/p'd into the TNet

Jun 24, 2016, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Stay calm ]

manual and lead that category from here forward.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your point also says something about the quality of

Jun 24, 2016, 10:01 PM

leadership on this team from a player standpoint. A freshman is learning from some of the best players in the game at just about every position, who themselves have learned from some of the best. With lesser attrition you've got much more of this going on, and it seems to be paying great dividends.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2016, 7:41 PM

You are misinformed, sarcastic, or just stupid, or worst of all, a coot.
CrawL back under your rock.

Jun 24, 2016, 7:58 PM

HIde & Watch

Jun 24, 2016, 8:16 PM

I'm excited about the offensive lineman we have committed to us this cycle. Everyone of them are huge. Like at least 6' 5" 285 lbs.

Also, we have excellent quarterbacks coming in. Hunter Johnson will be a stud. Also take a look at our running back that will be coming in. He will definitely bring the thunder.

Lastly, if we bring in Amari Rodgers, Higgins, and Smith we wil be looking at a group of wide receivers that continues to get deeper and deeper. Add to those TJ Chase, Overton, Powell, McCloud, Cain, Bell, Thompson, and Renfrow. There isn't a deeper receiver group in the nation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2016, 8:21 PM

Quite exciting
However I'm pretty ready for some Defensive prospects to go our way

Facts are the worst.

Jun 24, 2016, 8:11 PM

Quality>Quantity

Rivals Avg Star Rankings.

Then...

Espn Ranks.