Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big time football programs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 928

Big time football programs

May 5, 2012, 8:59 AM

do not suspend their top athlete for a critical first game for a first time misdemeanor. They also don't stay in a dying conference like the ACC when the Big 12 is an option. We are proving each day that Clemson isn't ready for primetime and looking like a bunch of saps. I'm sick of it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did you have a bad friday night

May 5, 2012, 9:22 AM

or has sattiday mornin not gone your way?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

However, Big Time academic institutions do.

May 5, 2012, 9:28 AM

Someday, when you grow up, graduate from college, and raise kids you'll realize that. If you're already in that position then you need to re-think your priorities.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i remember when we were a big time program...........

May 5, 2012, 9:30 AM

I grew up going to games and have great memories of the 80s. We haven't been relavant in awhile. I know we were in the top 10 in 2000 and last year and then proceded to get drilled late in the year (2000 fsu and vpi 2011 ncsu,socar, and wvu). I would love to see us be big time again but I don't want to play guys that get caught with weed and pills. The kid has to be suspended. It saddens me to think you have children if you really think sammy should not be suspended.

I don't have children but after discussing this issue with

May 5, 2012, 9:45 AM

several of my friends, 2 of which have children, we agreed that the harshest penalty possible would be a 1 game suspension at Auburn.

We're talking about a guy who did really nothing wrong except have a light out in his car. He could've probably avoided being searched honestly. He was not found driving under the influence. He did not have "pills". He had 2 basically adderol like at least 20% of college students during exam times.

We're talking about a model athlete who has worked from day 1 and done all of the right things. Look at Barry Humphries, he was driving on the wrong side of the freaking road with a DUI and only got 1 game. Lives were endangered. He had some other mishaps as well. Then after ANOTHER DUI, he only got 2 games under Dabo. He didn't beat up a girl. He didn't sling anyone down stairs. He was really minding his own business.

It's May. Plenty of time for suspensions from workouts, community service, fall camp, etc. I could understand a 1 game suspension, but that would be a very harsh punishment in this case considering the entire situation. I think there are plenty of other ways to get the point across. Again, it's not like I'd be highly disappointed with a 1 game suspension, but I also do not believe that it's totally necessary.

im always disappointed when clemson fans discuss suspending...

May 5, 2012, 12:48 PM

Our players. When other teams, specifically SoCar, have players that get in trouble we laugh at their crimes and how lenient their suspensions are. Then our players do something and we immediately come to the player's rescue and act like it isn't a big deal. If sammy plays against auburn the media will play it up and it will be very embarrassing for clemson. Weed and pills are illegal to possess and fans think that's okay? I really don't see how anyone can look at this situation and think its okay to play sammy vs auburn.

Replies: 5
| visibility 928
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic