Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Case knives.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

New Case knives.

Jan 21, 2019, 4:40 PM

Not sure who will be stocking them, probably Smokey Mountain

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I’ll have to make that Sod Buster my every day carry.***

Jan 21, 2019, 4:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’ll have to make that Sod Buster my every day carry.***

Jan 21, 2019, 4:45 PM

It's the Jr. size. Looks like the price will be more than double the regular Jrs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

was wondering if it was the Jr. that will work even better.

Jan 21, 2019, 4:49 PM

I’m sure it will be high. The 2016 trappers are still up there. I thought they might have come down by now. Maybe now that the Tigers have two NCs in three years, they will.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Case knives.

Jan 21, 2019, 4:43 PM

T net has upgraded from steak knives... nice!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We can only dream.***

Jan 21, 2019, 4:44 PM

What is the point total needed for Steak knives?

Jan 21, 2019, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: New Case knives. ]

Asking for a friend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great protection at the USuCk game in Willie B***

Jan 21, 2019, 4:57 PM

Opticsplanet.com had the 2016 knives

Jan 21, 2019, 4:59 PM

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/case-clemson-champion-trapper-folding-knife.html?_iv_code=4Q-KN-SKRB472-CU16-CATWP&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=plusbox-beta&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-JXiBRCpARIsAGqF8wUCdPbPflUm-bNKEGe7LCV6WdJ3WunBCqL25aeSo-yVCETO83QVWq4aAhKoEALw_wcB

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

dang seemed like a good idea until $160***

Jan 21, 2019, 5:21 PM

Jan 21, 2019, 5:05 PM

If only they used better steel....

They definitely went for a middle ground when going more

Jan 21, 2019, 5:19 PM

towards the collector market. They are more likely in the 420-440a grade range in their “tru sharp” stainless blade. Stainless obviously helps with corrosion, but is not that good at holding an edge. That can make it frustrating, but you don’t have to keep it oiled.

Yeah, but who is actually going to use these etched blades?

Jan 21, 2019, 5:35 PM

They are obviously meant for display, not for your everyday pockrt balde.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

i plan on carrying the sod buster. it will be a serviceable

Jan 21, 2019, 5:39 PM

reminder. I will chose one of the trappers for display.

Re: They definitely went for a middle ground when going more

Jan 22, 2019, 9:57 AM [ in reply to They definitely went for a middle ground when going more ]

If its stainless and its not s30v, s35vn, or 154CPM I'm not interested. No reason to use crappy AUS-6/8 or 420/440HC when there are better options that are becoming more cost effective.

The only "budget" stainless I've ever had good results with is Kershaw's 8Cr13MoV. Edge retention was never 10/10 but it gets very very sharp and resharpens easily.

Jan 21, 2019, 5:46 PM

I wish they would have done them with the Buck knives. If you've ever owned a Buck knife, you don't want any other brand. They're not the easiest to sharpen until you learn how to, but they hold their sharpness (to me) longer than any other brand. I have been carrying the 501 about 25 years, and I love them. The 501 is now a special order pocket knife bc the 502 took it's place, and they are a little bigger than the 501, and not as comfortable in the pocket as the 501....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 10:14 AM

If you are looking for knives to carry, these obviously are not the ones. I would not buy any new Case knife to carry ...... too many other good ones. For collectibility, these knives will never be worth more than you pay for them .... most likely less. If you just want them for a memory of the 2018 National Championship, that is fine.

I carry a ZT (Zero Tolerance) "Whiskers" model ...... great knife. I dropped it in the gravel where my postal truck approaches our mail box and it got run over several times and zero damage. I think the frame is Titanium. Opens as fast as a switch blade. Microtech (made near Hendersonville, NC) and Protech (California, I think) are also outstanding knives.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 10:01 AM

My brother owns and runs RiverBlade Knife and Fly in Spartanburg. He has them in stock. Here's the link to his FB post about it the other day:
https://www.facebook.com/riverblade/posts/2115743851794149

Re: New Case knives.... jeez. This thread went

Jan 22, 2019, 10:19 AM

full on geek mode fast

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic