Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
i know there are some drs and what not on here
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

i know there are some drs and what not on here

Jul 8, 2020, 5:53 PM

which is why i ask..jimmy johnson tested positive the 3rd...yet today is cleared after two negative tests only 5 days later..is that even normal to pass the virus in less than a week? or would you wager it being a false positive?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i know there are some drs and what not on here

Jul 8, 2020, 5:59 PM

My take on that is JJ has a fast metabolism. He's a race car driver, so that makes sense. Once his immune system kicks in to kill COVID, his body works overtime to drive it out.

Oh, I'm a PhD not MD. Nevermind.

Jul 8, 2020, 6:12 PM

I know for a fact that he runs marathons .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

one of the 1st patients to go very badly in Italy

Jul 8, 2020, 6:28 PM

"for no reason", scaring the bejesus out of all of them, and in part prompting the first lockdown,

was a 38-year-old ultra-marathoner.

Jul 8, 2020, 6:25 PM

I am not a "what not", but did stay at a holiday inn express last night... Maybe he had it for a while and was more or less w/o symptoms before he tested positve ? To your point, sure does not seem to be any consistency with testing, time frames, etc etc

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know someone who tested positive, then tested negative

Jul 8, 2020, 6:26 PM

the very next day. Also, I am not a doctor, or even a whatnot.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I know someone who tested positive, then tested negative

Jul 8, 2020, 6:45 PM

We found out today that our three year old granddaughter tested positive for Covid 19. Turns out her swin instructor gave her a swim lesson a week ago yesterday. The instructor started showing symptoms this past Thursday. Gets tested Friday and calls my daughter that she has the Covid. So daughter takes our granddaughters to be tested. She gets the results today. Three year old tests positive, seven year old test negative. Three year old has no symptoms. Now get this, the doctors tells my daughter that her three year olds positive test could be a false positive and that the seven year old's test could be a false negative. So now my daughter and son-in-law must quarantine for 14 days.
My wife and I along with my daughter's in-laws got tested yesterday. We won't know our results for another three to four days.

Jul 8, 2020, 7:04 PM

Man I bet your insurance company is loving y’all’s doctor.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2020, 7:13 PM

The test is free, or it was for me!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 7:42 AM

I’ve never experienced free. How is it free?

Then why test?***

Jul 8, 2020, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: I know someone who tested positive, then tested negative ]

Tests made in China?***

Jul 8, 2020, 7:28 PM

Using racing jargon, maybe he was already at the tail end of

Jul 8, 2020, 9:44 PM

it when he first tested positive. That's my What Not medical opinionation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 7:59 AM

The test and results are so skewered it’s ridiculous. Only thing theses inaccurate test and false results giving out daily does is cause unneeded panic.

Jul 9, 2020, 9:32 AM

A doctor friend said there are "a ton" of false positives.

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

If you’re talking only about time out, the worst possibility

Jul 9, 2020, 9:51 AM

Is symptom free with a positive contact. That means you should be quarantined for 14 days and a negative test isn’t helpful initially because may develop later. If you have symptoms and test positive, then the presumption is that you would have been exposed to the virus 5-7 days earlier than that point. So, then you should be symptom free and two negative tests separated by 24 hours before returning to work. For the gentleman that says there are a lot of false positives, I’d be curious what tests are being used. If they are the rapid test then you tend to give up some accuracy for the convenience and quickness. And it depends on where you get the sample from. But, the sensitivity and specificity of the test my group is using specifically via nasopharyngeal swabs is 97 and 100% respectively. This may be clear as mud, but, sensitivity means the probability of someone who has the disease testing positive. The 100% is the probability that you have the disease if you test positive. That may blow some minds but they are two different things. Obviously the “ideal test” would be one without false negatives or false positives. This test is a good test, none are perfect. Those numbers change if you take the swab from nasal or saliva for instance. And others may be using a different test.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic