Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why would you not take the NCSt job if offered?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Why would you not take the NCSt job if offered?

Nov 26, 2012, 5:45 PM

Strike while the iron's hot. How much better of a job can he realistically get even if we won a national title next year?

He can go to NCSt, which has all the resources you need to win 10 games, and put his stamp on a program. He'll get 5 years without a ton of expectations and experience that "big time" programs would love to see. If he "fails" then everyone knows he's a great OC and he can land back on his feet with a solid job.

Passing up the opportunity, if given, would be a mistake IMO. He's going to have multiple offers, if successful, within the next year, 2, 3 years. But I don't think they would be SIGNIFICANTLY better than NCSt. I would do it sooner than later while my name is hot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why would you not take the NCSt job if offered?

Nov 26, 2012, 5:49 PM

Agree. I think it would be a better fit for him if he did leave compared going to somewhere like a Auburn or Arkansas.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree

Nov 26, 2012, 5:57 PM

Also State is probably in the best condition of any of the schools with job openings. It isn't a rebuilding job or one facing NCAA sanctions.

I wouldn't fault Morris at all for taking that job if offered.

Recruiting. Too many schools within a close area

Nov 26, 2012, 5:59 PM

to compete with. How do you differentiate your program from all the others? Do you really want to work for Debbie Yow? Honestly, I think he can do better than NC State.

Arky is a plum job. Fertile recruiting ground in AR, TN, LA, and he can recruit TX, his old stomping grounds. Frank Broyles....well, he's Frank Broyles, but I'd rather work for that old codger than Debbie Yow.

Re: Recruiting. Too many schools within a close area

Nov 26, 2012, 6:07 PM

Agree with their is a lot of schools in a close area but you differentiate by winning. People think I might be crazy but NC State could be a very good program with the right coach. Not saying they could win a NC but they could compete in the ACC every year. The difference between them and Duke/ UNC is that they actually care about football. They have lost several games over the years that they should have won and prevented them on having some good seasons. As far as Arkansas, how much time would he actually get. He would not last 2 seasons without producing results and competing in the SEC. At NCSU he would get atleast 3 or 4 years and have a lot less stress

I don't think Mr. Red Bull is worried about stress.

Nov 26, 2012, 6:11 PM

He wants a V-10 of a program to drive. Not a pinto like NC State.

Re: I don't think Mr. Red Bull is worried about stress.

Nov 26, 2012, 6:14 PM

there is nothing wrong with that...heck every coach wants that but I'm not sure he is ready for a big program like Arkansas or a Auburn.

I honestly don't think so either. He needs more experience

Nov 26, 2012, 6:17 PM

at the college level. But that does not mean he does not think he is ready. Honestly, I think he stays at Clemson at least one more season. If we make it to another BCS bowl or two, then he starts looking for a high octane program.

Agree, Arkansas is geographically more within

Nov 26, 2012, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Recruiting. Too many schools within a close area ]

his comfort zone. If a school with those resources and in that region comes calling I think he would leave.

I think he can get a better offer.

Nov 26, 2012, 6:07 PM

NC State is not a player on the national scene and never will be. Their role is that of spoiler to the big boys. Chad wants a program that has the fan support and the resources to win on the big stage and he can get that if he is patient.

Re: I think he can get a better offer.

Nov 26, 2012, 6:10 PM

if you look at it right now....Auburn has possible NCAA sanctions coming their way, Tenn and Arkansas is a major dumpster fire that has some rebuilding to do.

Actually I am thinking he waits another season.

Nov 26, 2012, 6:12 PM

He does not have to settle for one of those offers.

Because he is a good OC aginst cup cakes... he still hasn't

Nov 26, 2012, 6:08 PM

shown that he can call a good game against a quality opponent.

I am really starting to buy into the fact that our competetion is what is killing us.

We need to seriously switch conferences more than we need new coaches.

What we need is a defense.

If there is a coach we need to get rid of, it's our D-back coach. Chad's offense depends on getting in a rhythm. That does not happen if the D can not stop the other team and get the ball back in our QB's hands.

Same division as FSU and Clemson

Nov 26, 2012, 6:09 PM

Tom O'Brien and Chuck Amato - neither had long term success. And according to many he would be head coaching in the worst conference ever created ... the ACC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i just dont see him stayin in the acc cause nobody

Nov 26, 2012, 6:13 PM

knows the future he want to be at texas am thats his dream job . plus i feel like being OC at clemson is a better job than being head coach a ok football program

Agree***

Things going for him at NC State...

Nov 26, 2012, 6:22 PM

1. Money. They will pay him well and it is hard to turn down.

2. Competition. What better way to start of coaching in a conference you already know and have experience against the opponents (ie: Clemson)

3. Recruiting. He has already made in-roads in NC recruiting for Clemson.

I live in the Raleigh area and would NOT want to see him up here. I wish him the best, but would hate to see it.

You guys do know that...

Nov 26, 2012, 6:23 PM

Chad Morris can get another job after working as the HC at NCSU. Its not like he's locked in forever once he takes the job. State is a good job.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic