Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
a married up folk question....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1,002

a married up folk question....

Nov 9, 2017, 2:30 PM

the last month or so I have noticed a half-dozen or so people wearing what appears to be a rubber wedding band. Couple were gray, a couple black, one was red I believe. These are adults in their late 20s-to-40's, so not a college kid thing. These are NOT construction workers or laborers who wouldn't wear metal for safety reasons (I do see the practical side of this). These are craft-beer drinking types that probably use hand moisturizer and would have a callus checked for cancer if they ever accidently got one.

Is this just some sort of thing now, or does it have some new-age meaning that has totally eluded me? Is it representative of a "non-traditional" marriage, maybe a "divorce ring", or EFF marriage symbol? Do colors mean different things? Is this what the value of marriage is these days ($2)?

Pop culture is obviously not my milieu. I know some hipster out there knows the backstory.

Rubber Wedding Ring 5 RINGS PACK UNIVERSAL SIZE
Price: $10.00 Free Shipping for Prime Members

https://www.amazon.com/UNIVERSAL-Flexible-Silicone-birthday-anniversary/dp/B013IPZO1S

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is some name brand version of this...not sure what it

Nov 9, 2017, 2:33 PM

is though. I, too, have seen alot. Seems rather cheap, do they make them in cockring sizes? You know, something for the pinky.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's meant to match the color of his belt.***

Nov 9, 2017, 2:34 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i have one. its a Qalo. I cant wear rings in plants

Nov 9, 2017, 2:39 PM

and i dont want to lose my good gold one.

I bought a couple off Amazon and loop it on my watchband when Im in a plant. If I lose it, no big deal.

But i still need to tell the ladies.......back off Im taken (like they cant tell from my broken spirit)

I think they were first introduced in fitness world

Nov 9, 2017, 2:42 PM

first place I ever saw one was in the weighlifting dept at Academy.

back when I worked out, it would have been helpful. I had to take my ring off everyday.

now that I am fat.......well come to think of it, it stretches so its also good if you plan to get fat.

^^^pretty much sums it up^^^***

Nov 9, 2017, 3:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i have one. its a Qalo. I cant wear rings in plants

Nov 9, 2017, 3:38 PM [ in reply to i have one. its a Qalo. I cant wear rings in plants ]

plants

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Black wedding rings do have certain meanings

rubber just makes it available for other applications as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

OK

Nov 9, 2017, 2:44 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's getting harder and harder for the social media

obsessed people of our society to differentiate themselves from each other, thus you get trends like this. I do get it for people who work in manufacturing, construction, etc. though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For those of us that

Nov 9, 2017, 2:41 PM

Actually work with our hands a metal band can be really dangerous. So a rubber band meets a lot of safety requirements and if you lose it you are only out a few bucks.

Like on an oil rig you can’t wear metal jewelry or necklaces.

A wedding band catches a piece of metal and you could lose the meat on your finger

Message was edited by: JGT®

Oh I have a 9-stitch scar on my right hand ring finger

Nov 9, 2017, 2:55 PM

from playing basketball with my highschool ring on. That ain't a wonderful feeling to have your finger halfway sliced off by a ring.

It just seems odd that the "dudes" I see wearing them most dangerous daily task is probably zipping up their pants fly.

Actually, the really hot new wedding ring trend that people

Nov 9, 2017, 2:43 PM

are clamoring for are the super cool paper rings that I'm selling for $75.00 each, because they're really cool and they make YOU really cool when you wear one.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not married. Can I buy one anyway?***

Nov 9, 2017, 3:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the BEST reason to buy one.

Nov 9, 2017, 4:00 PM

Imagine, if you will, the power that an RH Tig Super Cool paper ring brings to you when you're on the prowl for female companionship, while trying to look like you're not on the prowl for female companionship.

I lost a finger (not ring finger) to a table saw,

Nov 9, 2017, 3:04 PM

mangled another, and badly cut the remaining two. Thumb escaped.
A slightly different angle of impact would have put the wedding band right into the rip blade and torn that finger off too. Usually I remember to de-ring before going into the shop. Didn't that day. I would highly recommend these breakaway type rings.

I am a hobbyist woodworker.

#proudownerofanewSawStop

you type really well

Nov 9, 2017, 3:52 PM

...considering.

I'd flip you off, but......***

Nov 9, 2017, 4:10 PM

right on..

Nov 9, 2017, 3:12 PM

"Do you know how many black leather jackets with poppers and a #### ring in the left pocket we got back here?"

That's less than mine cost.

Nov 9, 2017, 3:20 PM

Mine was $7 for the one. Mine is sterling silver bought at the market in Charleston.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know some who have those

Nov 9, 2017, 3:22 PM

and every one, I think the cheap plastic will outlast the marriage.

I also know someone who got a tattoo ring instead... dood's looking for a removal option as we speak

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they make nice shock absorbers for vape tanks

Nov 9, 2017, 3:42 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lulz at "callus checked for cancer"

Nov 9, 2017, 3:48 PM

I don't even get tumors checked for cancer.

Mebbe they stretch when the wearer

Nov 9, 2017, 4:04 PM

turns into a fat-a rse

The ex and I had silver.

Nov 9, 2017, 4:04 PM

She had to get them resized once a year. Had I bought some of those elastic bands I may have saved my marriage.

FYT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45JO5tdGY3A

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have some of these to wear at the gym or all day at

Nov 10, 2017, 8:38 AM

volleyball tournaments or the beach, etc. Why wear an expensive gold ring in those situations?

Some people I know that wear them do it because its more comfortable or they have lost a gold one an don't want to lose another. One of my cousins wears these because he has lost 8 rings. Yes, 8.

Then there are people I know that wear them because they're cheap and spending $500+ on a wedding band wasn't the smart move at that point. They will get them one day, but not now.

ROH

could there be silicone Clemson rings in the future?

Nov 10, 2017, 8:50 AM

in a nice dark purple shade maybe?

I think there definitely could be

Nov 10, 2017, 9:18 AM

now that you've given me this million dollar idea.

as long as I can be your first customer***

Nov 10, 2017, 9:24 AM

Re: as long as I can be your first customer***

Nov 10, 2017, 9:32 AM

A million dollars sounds steep. I'd wait for the hype to die down you might could get it a little cheaper.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1,002
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic