Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Aaron Hernandez Situation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1,898

Aaron Hernandez Situation

Apr 15, 2015, 3:21 PM

Would Aaron Hernandez be where he is today if he played for Dabo Swinney rather than Urban Meyer?? First arrest was as a 17 year old freshman at bar fight. That was swept under the rug. If he did it here he would either be at another program if he didn't get straight and improve. Paul Finebaum thinks Urban Meyer has no fault in the Hernandez debacle. It started from his freshman year! Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he'd probably be in his 5th or so year of incarceration now

Apr 15, 2015, 3:23 PM

if kicked out of school
killers gonna kill

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, you're saying Urban should be arrested for involuntary

Apr 15, 2015, 3:25 PM

manslaughter?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, you're saying Urban should be arrested for involuntary

Apr 15, 2015, 3:31 PM

No, just think he may been disciplined and had help other than he did at Florida. All of his accusations at Florida basically went unnoticed by the public at that time. Hey may have ended up being the same person but think he would have had a better shot with the way Dabo runs the program compared to Florida. I mean Urban knew about the crap he did as a student and never did anything about it.

I think you answered your own question by saying

Apr 15, 2015, 3:29 PM

Dabo would have sent him packing early on. Just glad he didn't come to us and have the Clemson name associated with his. Some guys will never learn - no matter who the teacher is.

Message was edited by: clover65®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think you answered your own question by saying

Apr 15, 2015, 3:42 PM

Definitely agree on that

Urban certainly isnt to blame...

Apr 15, 2015, 3:30 PM

but Im sure his concious could make him question if he did all he could to make a positive impact on Hernandez.

From everything that came out after he left UF, it appeared he didnt exactly promote a culture of accountability nor was he a fatherly influence.

a bar fight ---> to cold blooded murder of your best friend?

Apr 15, 2015, 3:31 PM

that's a bit of a stretch, no?

you would think the pats might have noticed something, anything and before giving him a huge contract extension?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: a bar fight ---> to cold blooded murder of your best friend?

Apr 15, 2015, 3:40 PM

I heard he broke the ear drum of the bouncer. Also though he was involved in a shooting while at Florida. I agree and glad Dabo wouldn't put up with that crap like Urban did. The patriots are the primary blame. They knew more than anyone.

i don't blame anyone for aaron hernandez

Apr 15, 2015, 3:45 PM

other than aaron hernandez.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was already trouble before he went to Florida.

Apr 15, 2015, 3:38 PM

The issue is that he was enabled and allowed to get away with stuff because he was good at football. Another coach like Dabo wouldn't have "saved" Hernandez because he would have just ended up at another program like Ole Miss, Auburn, etc and the same thing would've continued. And honestly even if he had gotten kicked off a team like Clemson and gone back home he would've likely fallen back in with the same gang down there and eventually gotten charged with a different murder and we just wouldn't hear about it because he would've been just another gang banger killing someone.

Re: He was already trouble before he went to Florida.

Apr 15, 2015, 3:41 PM

That's true. Be hard to help this guy.

Re: Aaron Hernandez Situation

Apr 15, 2015, 3:42 PM

He would never have been recruited by Dabo because he wouldn't have passed the Clemson "recruiting" test. I guarantee Hernandez was a bad apple by the time he graduated High School. He come from a crime-ridden city where his thuggish behavior is the norm, not an exception.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2015, 3:47 PM

His problems started long before his freshman year of college. That malicious intent living and growing nside of Hernandez,that has led him to being sentenced to life in prison for murder,didn't just magically appear when he went to Florida. Just to get that out of the way.
Now for my opinion for your hypothetical question. I believe Dabo would have given him the same ultimatum that he gives all our troubled players.He would have tried to help him but it would be left up to Hernandez as to whether or not he could change the evil growing inside himself. I think not but that is me looking at the glass being half empty. One could argue the glass half full approach with me if they so choose and say rainbows and happy unicorn tunes would have sprouted from Aaron's #### if Dabo's message got through to him. In this case either way the coaching staff would not be held accountable for his actions back then or to date. I am not familiar with Urban sweeping anything under the rug so I can't fathom a guess on that. But as long as Urban was not telling him to go be this way then no he should not be held accountable either.
For comparison's sake when it's all said and done even Jimbo Fisher though he was an enabler for Jamis Winston,he shouldn't face criminal charges for anything Winston does in the future.

The only way Dabo could have prevented this kid from ending

Apr 15, 2015, 3:47 PM

up on jail is to put blanks in his pistol. He's a killer.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Apr 15, 2015, 3:48 PM

Only person to blame for Aaron Hernandez is Aaron Hernandez.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 15, 2015, 3:53 PM

Didn't know he was like that in highschool, probably ignorant on my part as most people like him are. He was just a bad person from the beginning. I'm glad Clemson doesn't look at people like him. Does kinda show you the real Urban Meyer as he was never disiplined. He should have terminated that idiot.

Nah, Hernandez was well on his way to trouble....

Apr 15, 2015, 3:51 PM

long before he ever signed with Florida. His father, who died when Hernandez was young, was a hood rat and involved in assaults, petty larceny and various other crimes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I can admantly say "Who knows?"***

Apr 15, 2015, 4:57 PM

You an't make a race horse out of a jackas$*

Apr 15, 2015, 6:30 PM

Nm

Dabo's relationship with Aaron had he coached

Apr 15, 2015, 6:46 PM

him would have probably ended with the terms "restraining order" and "campus and Clemson police were called in". That dude was/is trouble. I'm curious if the Pouncey brothers have said something stupid yet about his conviction.

Dabo wouldn't have recruited him to begin with.***

Apr 15, 2015, 8:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

As if Urban Meyer didn't notice the obvious gang tattoo's***

Apr 15, 2015, 9:55 PM

Scary scary Dude***

Apr 15, 2015, 10:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1,898
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic