Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
both sides of you extremists aren't helping
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

both sides of you extremists aren't helping

Dec 1, 2013, 2:16 PM

To the people who want dabo fired, you have to be out of your mind. It's like you've become so spoiled by our program's recent success, that every big game loss is devastating to our program. Going undefeated is extremely difficult and of the big schools, only 1 or 2 are lucky to make it that far. Do you really want to go back to the Bowden years? Me neither. What you should also realize is just because people defend Dabo, doesn't mean they aren't every bit as upset. We are not overlooking the loss, we are demanding that changes as well. But you don't have to demand Dabo's head to reverse course. You should in no way, shape or form be happy right now, just put it in perspective is all I'm saying. Be pissed, Demand change, but if you call for a program overhaul for what is ultimately 1/12th or 1/6th (if you include FSU) of our season, we are gonna go through coaches like Spurrier goes through visors.

To the "sunshine pumpers," deal with the fact that other fans are pissed. We have every right to be. This is simply a game you just don't lose. That competitive fire is what makes college football great and this domination (slowly becoming rivalry if nothing changes) great. Bowden can attribute his longer-than-necessary tenure to winning this game. Not all fans who are pissed are down on the entire program, but if fans just choose to forgive this game, the most important of the entire season just because we're 10-2 and possibly BCS bound, then next year it won't be 31-17, it will be 63-17. Pressure has to be put on Dabo (not that he should be fired this year, but that USuC losses are his first strike, and should he have a complete bust of a season maybe next year or the year after, the fact that he can't beat USuC is going to pile on to that potential hot seat. You don't have to be a constantly positive and forgiving fan to be a supportive fan.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: both sides of you extremists aren't helping

Dec 1, 2013, 2:22 PM

Don't want Dumbo fired, but he should be forced to make some staff changes and cut Morris's pay in half. (at least) If he doesn't do that, fire him, and if he does make changes and things don't turn around against THE ONLY TWO GOOD TEAMS CONSISTENTLY ON OUR SCHEDULE after 3 more years I say then we clean house. Is that really too much to ask?

Dec 1, 2013, 2:33 PM

I agree that some kind of changes should be made. i'll also admit, that i'm not sure what they should be because I don't believe we have just one or two huge, glaring issues. Unfortunately, it's not realistic to cut Morris's pay. While he has underperformed in these games, money is the only thing keeping him here. Cutting his pay (although he might deserve it) is essentially the same as firing him because he'll take off for the first head coaching offer he can get (and make no mistake, he'll still receive offers). He's been picky the last 2 seasons because he has a 7 figure paycheck waiting for him if he doesn't see offers as great opportunities. I also agree that we can't keep losing to the same teams but one thing that has to be considered is that cleaning house is a huge risk. Right now we're on our third straight 10 win season so nobody high up is getting fired anytime soon for the chance that we can get one or 2 more wins per year. I guess only time will tell if Dabo and company can make the right adjustments and continue to improve or just plateau.

Fumbles people, fumbles....

Dec 1, 2013, 2:39 PM

Ok geniuses, what coach do you fire for fumbles? You guys have all the answers, so tell me. Dabo,Chad,Venebles? Who goes? Who coaches fumble technique? It would be nice if there were some adults on here to actually discuss the game.

i completely agree

Dec 1, 2013, 2:41 PM

Other than a couple lackluster playcalls on offense, and a couple failures to put a spy on shaw, I thought the coaching was the least of our problems last night.

These idiots on here today have no clue

Dec 1, 2013, 2:45 PM

What's going on, on the field. They just gotta post their misguided opinions as facts and then call us normal folk pumpers.

Re: These idiots on here today have no clue

Dec 1, 2013, 2:50 PM

A lot of what you see here are giddy coots that are running back to their holes and bragging about this meltdown .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 4:30 PM

Dabo needs to restore emphasis on rivalry games. only change needed

NFL- Green Bay Packers
NCAA- Michigan and Michigan State (formerly Clemson)
MLB- New York Yankees

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic