Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
i can't stop laughing at all these national sports pundits.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

i can't stop laughing at all these national sports pundits.

Dec 6, 2013, 8:51 AM

they look like they are going to start crying at any moment when they start talking about the sec being left out of the mnc game. priceless. it gets even better when they start making their asinine arguments about why the sec winner should automatically get a berth in the game, esp. over an ohio state team, who hasn't lost a game in TWO years. regardless of competition,that's tough (for any team) to do.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll make a call***

Dec 6, 2013, 8:53 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

This is akin to the LSU/Bama rematch.....

Dec 6, 2013, 8:58 AM

in the title game a few years ago. If the media keeps whining, crying, and effectively campaigning for it, the belief is the pollsters will make it happen.

Frankly it would not surprise me at all if the winner of the Auburn/Missouri game jumps Ohio State to take over the 2nd spot i nthe polls, especially if its Auburn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: This is akin to the LSU/Bama rematch.....

Dec 6, 2013, 9:01 AM

I weould think it could happen but the Big10 lobby / presence is awfully strong. A lesser known school maybe. I dont see it happen to Oh St if they win

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nope. Don't think so.

Dec 6, 2013, 3:29 PM [ in reply to This is akin to the LSU/Bama rematch..... ]

Michigan State is a strong team...and if tOSU beats them it will be more than enough to keep them higher than Auburn or Mizzou.

Your Character is what you do when no one is watching.

Re: i can't stop laughing at all these national sports pundits.

Dec 6, 2013, 9:03 AM

About 1400+ coaches have let OSU sit pretty in the polls all season long without taking competition into consideration. The pundits should have taken their case to those folks earlier in the year. But my guess is they never imagined an AU win over bama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's Absurd

Dec 6, 2013, 9:43 AM

If you are in one of the big 5 conferences and go undefeated you should not get jumped by a one loss team. If that is the case why play division one football. Let the $ec just play themselves.

As you point out they (OSU) have not lost in two years. No one can say they don't deserve a shot.

If $ec teams don't like it leave the conference so you too can go undefeated.

I agree with them. I think Bama, Mizzou, and Auburn would

Dec 6, 2013, 9:47 AM

all beat Ohio State pretty easily, as will FSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree with them. I think Bama, Mizzou, and Auburn would

Dec 6, 2013, 9:50 AM

Not really the point who people think would win. If they win tomorrow they deserve a shot.

Think the $ec would let them in? It's a monopoly then, very un-American.

Monopoly is un-American? What do you think the US govt is?***

Dec 6, 2013, 9:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A Mafia...***

Dec 6, 2013, 3:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oregon would have beaten ND last year

Dec 6, 2013, 9:55 AM [ in reply to I agree with them. I think Bama, Mizzou, and Auburn would ]

but at some point, undefeated in a BCS conference becomes the ultimate tiebreaker.

Re: I agree that Bama would beat them. Not as sure about

Dec 6, 2013, 3:32 PM [ in reply to I agree with them. I think Bama, Mizzou, and Auburn would ]

Auburn or Mizzou. Regardless, if tOSU beat Michigan State (a very good team), they've earned the shot at the MNC in my opinion.

Your Character is what you do when no one is watching.

These same folks were against a OSU/Michigan rematch

Dec 6, 2013, 9:56 AM

years ago.

and sec schedules are laughable***

Dec 6, 2013, 9:56 AM

Re: and sec schedules are laughable***

Dec 6, 2013, 3:18 PM

says the fan of a team with 2 fcs schools on his 2013 schedule.

Dec 6, 2013, 3:22 PM

Are all ACC school fan bases this jealous of the SEC or is it just Clemson?

FSU would crush Auburn anyways.

Dec 6, 2013, 3:28 PM

Auburn's been one of the luckiest teams in the history of college football this season. They've basically had 2 miracle plays in a row the last two weeks to win games, and they also had 1-score wins over Washington State, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, and Texas A&M. They also had a 14-point loss to LSU.

Their only double digit wins were over Arkansas State, Florida Atlantic, Western Carolina, Arkansas (0-8 in the SEC), and Tennessee (2-6 in the SEC).

I expect Missouri to beat Auburn on Saturday, but if it's FSU vs Auburn in the title game, it might end up being worse than last year's Bama vs ND beatdown.

Dec 6, 2013, 4:32 PM

yeah OSU tends to get hosed each year. However, they still have to beat MSU to be undefeated. If they lose throw them in the heap with the other one loss teams and the SEC will win out due to strength of schedule. The lone ranger for the ACC in this deal is FSU - now that Winston will not be in legal trouble. They can sleepwalk and beat Duke, then I think they will play Mizzou in national championship after MSU beats OSU! Too bad Clemson got thumped by FSU or they might be there - eventhough USC gave them another sound beating this year.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic