Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Andre Ellington with 80 yard TD run
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Andre Ellington with 80 yard TD run

Oct 27, 2013, 5:48 PM

Andre Ellington with 80 yard TD run

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AE was the most underrated and under appreciated RB...

Oct 27, 2013, 5:58 PM

we have had. With all of our success in the passing game and coming right after CJ, a lot of us failed to realize how good and how much Ellington helped this team out. I think over time we as fans will rate Ellington higher on the list of all time best Clemson RB's.

I'm proud of the way he has worked hard after falling so far down in the draft. Another Clemson player who is a class act, and represents Clemson in the best way possible.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

everybody loved ellington......

Oct 27, 2013, 6:06 PM

what are you talking about? He was hurt a lot, but he was a great running back. Every real clemson fan knew his potential was unreal when fully healthy. Not underrated at all.

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

i agree...

Oct 27, 2013, 8:31 PM [ in reply to AE was the most underrated and under appreciated RB... ]

I think everyone liked Ellington but I think most of it just thought we had a back that fit well into our system and wasn't necessarily a great running back. I'm sure 99% of people would not have anticipated his early success in the NFL. He barely got drafted.

We see what he's doing with better blocking***

Oct 27, 2013, 8:34 PM [ in reply to AE was the most underrated and under appreciated RB... ]

Exactly!***

Oct 28, 2013, 9:19 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Missing Andre******

Oct 27, 2013, 7:57 PM

The guy was the most humble player I ever knew...

Oct 27, 2013, 8:49 PM

...I had a chance to talk to Andre on a number of occasions. He was so respectful, humble, not many words, and let his words be known on the field.

Gotta be one of my all time favorites from Moncks Corner, along with Frank Magwood.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: Football Player Update: Andre Ellington with 80 yard TD run

Oct 27, 2013, 8:50 PM

I'll take this moment to point out that our team, who is "struggling" on offense, lost what appears to be the best rookie wide receiver and rookie running back in the NFL. (I believe Ellington will have passed Bernard for most rush/receiving yards amongst rookies - ridiculous since Bernard has been used as rb1 all season and Ellington got his first start today.). Most teams would take a tremendous step backward losing that kind of star power. We're sitting at 7-1. I'd say the coaches are doing a pretty good job holding things together. I'm sure they're awfully sorry we're not doing it with the style points you were looking for. Go root for the Coots and Connor Shaw. He's awfully impressive mounting the stylish comeback - except for those 2 times this year he didn't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Igave you a point but you could've left out the last part..I

Oct 28, 2013, 7:20 AM

don't care about the coots until the middle of November!

Someone needs

Oct 27, 2013, 9:58 PM

To tell Lattimore to start taking notes.

One of- if not my favorite- all-time Tiger

Oct 27, 2013, 10:19 PM

Andre is a humble kid that gave it his all every game. I'm so proud to see him having the success he's having and making the teams that passed on him regret it. He's a great person, a great ambassador, and a heck of a talent. Keep it up, Lil Bit! We're watching!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Moncks Corner Tigers !

Oct 28, 2013, 5:52 AM

I went to Berkeley High School . Andre Ellington is the nephew of agood friend of mine from high school (so is cousin Bruce the Coot) and they are both very well mannered and great people who were built for success in life through good parenting and a strong family upbringing.
Other Stags that became Tigers were Wr-Mal Lawyer and a bit further back RB- David Barnett
Stags ! Go Tigers !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Moncks Corner Tigers !

Oct 28, 2013, 6:15 AM

I worked with Andre's mom for a number of years...she was a wonderful lady who took great pride in her son and how she raised him ( he was her only child) . She is a fine example of a great parent .

Yep I miss Andre as does Death Valley's end zone .

I talked to her earlier this year at a football game

Oct 28, 2013, 9:17 AM

She said the toughest part about adjusting to Andre playing for the Cardinals was having to wear that terrible red color.

WR blocking on that play is incredible.***

Oct 28, 2013, 8:11 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Football Player Update: Andre Ellington with 80 yard TD run

Oct 28, 2013, 11:21 AM

Great job, AE. You show'em, man!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic