Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson players on their NFL decisions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson players on their NFL decisions

Jan 2, 2018, 1:10 AM

Clemson players on their NFL decisions

Clemson was manhandled 24-6 against Alabama at the 2018 Allstate Sugar Bowl in New Orleans, La. Moments after the loss, the media spoke with several Clemson pla Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson players on their NFL decisions

Jan 2, 2018, 1:13 AM

Mitch please come back. Carman will handle rt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 1:15 AM

Mitch needs more development. Personally feel scouts will look at tonight game and he’ll fall lower. May go late rounds but I think several may be surprised if they declare and not get picked.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. Obviously the OL was not on its

Jan 2, 2018, 10:14 AM

A-game last night, but was surprised to see steady guys like Hyatt not playing well. Think he needs more work before the league, but that's a little bit selfish too.

"Have to think about it" = He Gone.

Jan 2, 2018, 1:22 AM

nm.

If you are a lock for 1st round, then go. If you are not a

Jan 2, 2018, 1:23 AM

lock for 1st round, but have absolutely no chance of improving your status, then go. If you know beyond all doubt you will be drafted, and you have a unique or desperate family situation, then go. If none of the above apply, then stay. It's really that simple. I think Cain and Ray Ray obviously need to come back, probably Hyatt too. Bryant would probably go 1st round, but not sure he's a lock.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I doubt Bryant goes 1st round... Hope he does, but...***

Jan 2, 2018, 1:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you are a lock for 1st round, then go. If you are not a

Jan 2, 2018, 1:37 AM [ in reply to If you are a lock for 1st round, then go. If you are not a ]

Ray Ray is coming back I think Deon will leave so will Austin. Christian may surprise us and come back. Clelin is gone

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you are a lock for 1st round, then go. If you are not a

Jan 2, 2018, 1:39 AM

Cain’s stock was hurt with the drops tonight.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep Cain has long had some concentration issues

Jan 2, 2018, 10:20 AM

and needs an improved physical game if he wants to be an NFL guy.

Jan 2, 2018, 1:47 AM

I assume that all 3 DL will go as they all should be 1st rounders. I doubt Hyatt will be a 1st rounder but I'm not sure his stock will go up much by staying. Cain hasn't improved at all this year and he is in no way a 1st round pick but he will probably go as well and staying may not help him either. Ray Ray - you can't be serious? Does someone think he is the next Alvin Kamara? He stays.

i Think

Jan 2, 2018, 2:08 AM

That several players showed that they are no where close to being an NFL player. Being drafted is one thing but making it in the league is another story.

Deon Cain....

Jan 2, 2018, 2:08 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson players on their NFL decisions ]

Can't catch a ball in traffic or high point a pass. If he declares he's at best a 6th round pick.I doubt he plays much next year if he stays.

Mitch is part of a line that got dominated from beginning to end tonight..he was better his freshman year than he is right now...he needs to stay another year.

We need backs who can block....so far none of our backs can block anyone.

We're still a great team and the next few years are going to be even better.

I agree

Jan 2, 2018, 2:31 AM

It’s Its been a long time since we got good blocking from our receivers and it showed tonight in a big way.

My biggest concern this year was replacing Leggett and we were never able to do that.

Re: Deon Cain....

Jan 2, 2018, 7:19 AM [ in reply to Deon Cain.... ]

Cain has been quite the actor over the years with all of his antics in trying to get PI calls. That seems to be where his focus has been. Thinking about this season as a whole, I remember him as a player that dropped a lot of balls, and the passes he did catch were the quick ones to the sidelines where he simply stepped out of bounds. How many interceptions between DW4 and KB2 came from tipped balls or wrong routes by Cain? The only reason he is recognized today is due to the deep balls that DW4 tucked into his arms. If he's got his degree, head for the NFL. If not, talk Renfrow into having a catching clinic and get better. The last thing I want to see is a player leave Clemson without a degree and not make it at the next level.

Re: Deon Cain....

Jan 2, 2018, 10:05 AM

Crossing my fingers that Cain leaves, get Tee a solid offseason

Jan 2, 2018, 7:45 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson players on their NFL decisions ]

He's not Kamara and he's not even close to being Artavis Scott who at last check is still on the practice squad for the Chargers which is not too shabby of a position if you consider where Boulware is - which completely depresses me that this guy isn't playing football somewhere. These players really need to think long and hard if they choose to leave Clemson without a degree and come up with a plan B when the NFL doesn't work out. Don't know if Ray Ray has his degree or not. Good college players don't necessarily translate into an ability to play in the NFL.

Jan 2, 2018, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson players on their NFL decisions ]

You can assume all 3 DL will go as they should be first rounders, and I'll assume you didn't read the article with your comment regarding Ray Ray.

(Says in the article he is coming back)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hyatt and Cain definitely need to come back...

Jan 2, 2018, 2:45 AM

Both of them regressed this season. And Hyatt got blown up more than any of the olinemen tonight

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hyatt and Cain definitely need to come back...

Jan 2, 2018, 7:34 AM

More than Pollard?

Re Hyatt and cain

Jan 2, 2018, 7:50 AM

Hyatt was over matched. He didn’t have the dominant junior year we all hoped for. He needs another year.
Cain.... his draft returns won’t be very high. But I hope he goes. I’ve seen too many dropped balls out of him in last 2 seasons. If he does return I hope the staff doesn’t play the loyalty card and keep trotting his tail out there. He is a talent but lacks consistency. Surely Higgins, Overton , and Powell can be more of a threat than Cain. Plus there is a lot to be desired with Cain and his blocking effort.

Jan 2, 2018, 9:01 AM

ray ray is coming back already. The others are going to take some time. I believe more will come back especially after this game than before. Had we won, others may have decided to leave anyway.
Christian may be gone as he is that good. The other two will have to think about it real hard. Dex is back because he is a true sophmore. We will just have to see about the others. KB is back. Mitch and Deion will have to decide. Given what is coming in, it could be a special year. Still 3 years in a row in the playoffs is special.

Why even post this?? Absolutely nothing good or bad comes from reading this.

Jan 2, 2018, 10:55 AM

This article, at this time, is nothing but a waste of bandwidth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It got almost 6K clicks on each page, that's almost 12,000

Jan 2, 2018, 11:58 AM

views...That's why it was posted

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 7:04 PM

It’s always such a touchy subject, players leaving early. If you’re guaranteed a first-round grade - go. But look at someone like Tajh Boyd... if he left as a junior, he’d arguably have been taken as the first QB and cashed a huge check, even if it didn’t work out. He stayed his senior year and got tossed around the NFL / CFL gauntlet and got soul-crushed chasing his dreams. Then you look at someone like Grady Jarrett, whom virtually every scout #### on and in one season, despite all the negatives against him, has become one of the most ferocious DL in the entire league! Our selfishness wants them here even when they should likely leave. But some guys, especially after last night, “need” to think about it and that’s not an assumption that they’re gone. The last grading on Hyatt was a 4th or 5th round. Self-reflection is a positive if you don’t have yes-men in your corner.

No...no he wouldn't have...It's not like those same flaws

Jan 3, 2018, 12:36 AM

wouldn't have surfaced if he had left as a Jr

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2018, 8:39 PM

Honestly, I pray that they all come back and help their school to win another National Championship!!! We very much need another NC win close to each other to push our Tigers past that Elite stage of College FB!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2018, 1:47 PM

Yeah,....Ray is gone.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic