Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
hypothetically if SEC gets 2 teams in CFP - who do you want
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,121

hypothetically if SEC gets 2 teams in CFP - who do you want

Nov 3, 2019, 2:18 PM

them to play ?

I just feel like if they get 2 teams in - they should have to play each other first.

I think it sucks that there could be a SEC natty.... just sayin...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

two teams getting in is asinine

Nov 3, 2019, 2:21 PM

already talking about bama and lsu getting in makes this weekends game coming up pointless.

espn will try everything possible to include 2 sec teams

Nov 3, 2019, 2:52 PM

started before the first game was even played ...

null

Re: hypothetically if SEC gets 2 teams in CFP - who do you want

Nov 3, 2019, 2:22 PM

Both of them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2019, 3:01 PM

I agree. Both. Don't care which is first. However, I don't think the committee will cede in such a way as to make an all SEC Natty possible. ESPN would, but not the committee.

Nov 3, 2019, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: hypothetically if SEC gets 2 teams in CFP - who do you want ]

Absolutely, nothing could be a greater slap in the face to the SEC than Clemson beating both SEC teams in the playoffs, absolutely nothing!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2019, 3:48 PM

We can only dream but I would love nothing more for Christmas than getting two of them in the playoffs hopefully an undefeated LSU and 1 loss Bama.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2019, 4:55 PM

Yep, and since we have been punished for not running the score up on our conference teams that we have to play year in and year out, just score TDs on the two SEC teams until the clock runs out regardless of the score!!! That would be simply awesome, and hopefully Dabo would tell them that they punished his team for not running up the score, and they will punish him next season for running up the score on the two SEC teams to try and keep us out of the playoffs and embarrassing they're SEC darlings!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Imo, that's the better economics.

Nov 3, 2019, 3:12 PM

Each playoff season has a playoff for each team's participation in each game. The first round pays each team a share. The final game pays the two teams participating in the final game a share. All in all the playoff writes six equal checks.

If Bama and LSU play in the first round then the SEC gets two shares of the money then one more for the winner of that game moving to the final.

If they don't play each other and win the first round the SEC gets 4 shares of the six payoffs which gives the SEC 2/3rd of the playout.

I don't care about money now. I'm fed up with SEC this and SEC that. In fact, I'm so fed up that I don't want one of them put out in the first round. I want to see Clemson beat them like we beat Alabama's aszes last year.

I want to humiliate the SEC, SEC players, fans, coaches, administrators and every single sports writer in the world for pushing these halfasz teams and lameasz conference by overrating them preseason and setting the SEC up to take an unfair portion of the playoff money.

I want Clemson to play both teams and embarrass everyone like we did last year. Eventually, they will all wake up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Imo, that's the better economics.

Nov 3, 2019, 4:07 PM

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep. We beat Bama last year then guess what, they say we played cupcake schedule all year while the almighty Bama has been wore down by the brutal SEC schedule. If we win again they are going to say the same thing. If we lose, then "SEC just means more" just gets louder. Either way they don't lose.

Let's just win out, be the best of ourself and leave no doubt.

Vanderbilt and Ole Miss.***

Nov 3, 2019, 4:58 PM

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,121
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic