Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Padded stats or future development ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Padded stats or future development ?

Jan 21, 2016, 8:06 AM

Will Dabo allow Watson to pad stats in garbage time or continue to use 4th quarter as development time for young guys? If we explode on offense and defense at least keep teams in the 20's? Crazy stats will be needed to win Heisman. I know his stats were crazy this year but every game needs to stand out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He will continue to let the young guys get playing time.***

Jan 21, 2016, 8:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you think Dabo cares more about the long-term

Jan 21, 2016, 8:12 AM

success and stability of this program or one player compiling garbage time stats?

Also, is racking up some garbage time TDs and yards worth the risk of injury that could prevent a return trip to the playoffs and championship game?

I'm guessing you knew the answer to your questions before you posted them right? RIGHT?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Do you think Dabo cares more about the long-term

Jan 21, 2016, 8:16 AM

All that is true, but I will say that having a Heisman winner is a huge get for our future recruiting, and not promoting that might turn some away who really may be that good. I do agree that Dabo will develop players, though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not promoting it?

Jan 21, 2016, 8:23 AM

Dabo?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

how many magazine covers did deshaun grace?

Jan 21, 2016, 8:30 AM

and awards?

2015 USA Today First Team All-American
2015 ACC Player of the Year
2015 ACC Offensive Player of the Year
2015 ACC Championship Game MVP
2015 Davey O'Brien Award
2015 Heisman trophy finalist (3rd place finish)
2015 Orange Bowl MVP
2015 Archie Griffin Award
2015 Manning Award

it's amazing all these people found deshaun, i mean besides clemson fans and the teams he plays, no one's ever heard of the kid.

[note: is that john 'you go boy' swoffie bustin a move?]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, not to mention he broke the BCS era championship

Jan 21, 2016, 8:33 AM

game record for total yards against the greatest defense in the history of the ultraverse.

the all-bowl team qb; really, #4 should get out mo often.***

Jan 21, 2016, 8:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plus I read somewhere that he's already projected to be

Jan 21, 2016, 8:39 AM

the #1 overall draft pick in the 2017 draft. That's hard to believe with KB stealing all his playing time

remind me again what the OP was running on about?***

Jan 21, 2016, 8:41 AM

You know how those Vermont people are

Jan 21, 2016, 8:44 AM

happy to see us in his thread?

Jan 21, 2016, 8:46 AM

that's nice.

He's high

Jan 21, 2016, 8:46 AM

on life

OP was miffed when 2nd & 3rd teamers ran up the score on daU

Jan 21, 2016, 8:48 AM

but he got better.

Re: You know how those Vermont people are

Jan 21, 2016, 9:14 AM [ in reply to You know how those Vermont people are ]

Home of Jack Leggett.

Who?***

Jan 21, 2016, 9:16 AM

no juan of consequence...

Jan 21, 2016, 9:21 AM

and wrong bored.

Re: Yep, not to mention he broke the BCS era championship

Jan 21, 2016, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Yep, not to mention he broke the BCS era championship ]

i hate it when people break the ultraverse record...

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you think Dabo cares more about the long-term

Jan 21, 2016, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Do you think Dabo cares more about the long-term ]

Right! Winning and long term is the goal. Just curious if others are miffed when sec and third string come in or they take the foot off the gas

DW4 became the first to have 4,000/1,000 this year

Jan 21, 2016, 8:24 AM

If he wins a Heisman next season, it will be because he played huge in huge games, not because he racked up garbage time stats.

miffed? so this isn't about deshaun at all, it's about you?***

Jan 21, 2016, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you think Dabo cares more about the long-term ]

Heisman goal is a secondary goal. I think he has a good shot

Jan 21, 2016, 8:47 AM

though even if his stats are lower if we are undefeated and Stanford loses a game or two. If we have one or more losses, it becomes tougher.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heisman goal is a secondary goal. I think he has a good shot

Jan 21, 2016, 8:51 AM

Kelly Bryant is going to be very good, and he needs the reps. Furthermore, Dabo would have a hard time explaining why Watson got hurt in the 4th quarter up by 20 against Wake...

I was thinking about that recently..

Jan 21, 2016, 9:20 AM

I think Dabo will keep Watson healthy and will play some younger dudes. That said, I think Watson can still win the Heisman doing that. The voters all know him now and everyone will be following him realizing that he doesn't play full games.

Deshaun's most important stat

Jan 21, 2016, 9:41 AM

Games Started

No way he plays in garbage time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

stats are sexier

Jan 21, 2016, 12:31 PM

but experience is the more valuable. Do you hire the secretary with big tata's or the older mother of 3. If you wan't performance, you gotta go with mom.

That is a business metaphor reeking of sexual innuendo.

:)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic