Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shipley= Etienne, more than, Shipley=McCaffrey
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 3,066

Shipley= Etienne, more than, Shipley=McCaffrey

Aug 17, 2020, 11:29 AM

I looked at Will Shipley and Etienne's film from HS and they are so similiar.. just interchange skins(keep the number 9) and they are very similiar with the exception being Shipley has more catches due to the offense he plays in HS. The acceleration and power from the line to the second level are very similar and the speed to outrun the secondary- very much "number 9-ish." Shipley is going to pick up where Etienne left off with a greater ability to catch the ball out of the backfield on day one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shipley= Etienne, more than, Shipley=McCaffrey

Aug 17, 2020, 11:37 AM

The last couple of cycles we have knocked it out of the park with our running back recruiting. I'm really excited to see all these highly ranked recruits in the future. Sounds like Demarkcus Bowman is living up to expectations and should be another one to keep our eye on this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2020, 11:46 AM

I haven’t seen Shipley play simply because I was pretty certain that he would end up in Chapel Hill. He was an amazing catch for Dabo and I expect the coaches to find a way to get him involved in the offense quickly. When he has the ball, good things happen. The running back coach has to be smiling!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2020, 11:45 AM

If Shipley is as good as either one, we'll be happy.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody is going to keep Bowman off the field next year tho

Aug 17, 2020, 12:42 PM

at least i don't see it. unlesss he just can't go. His game is same as dobbins or maybe even Dalvin Cook.

Re: Nobody is going to keep Bowman off the field next year tho

Aug 17, 2020, 1:08 PM

I know it's "only about winning", but they will cater to ETN this season to reward him for coming back. I'm sure many will disagree with me on this.

Because he's a freshman, Bowman will have a hard time seeing the field. With no spring, he's behind everyone else when it comes to the playbook and pass protection. He may have his moments but his real time will start in 2021. If ETN had left, Bowman would have more opportunities.

Re: Nobody is going to keep Bowman off the field next year tho

Aug 17, 2020, 1:44 PM

Bowman will see the field in every game if healthy.

Seriously???

Aug 18, 2020, 1:11 AM

I will bet you $1,000 that Bowman will not see play in every game.

Re: Seriously???

Aug 18, 2020, 3:08 AM

I would be surprised if he didnt if healthy and can learn the basics of the playbook. Does he miss 1 game? Maybe. He is only staying 3 years very possibly. He is a freak and we will be blowing teams out. He will be 3rd string at worst by years end. You will find out later. Its pretty obvious though. There is an extremely strong chance he plays every game though.

Re: Seriously???

Aug 18, 2020, 10:10 AM

Idk man. Time will tell. I do believe he will be better than Dukes or Melusi but they have a year on him at the college level. Also Rencher has been solid so not sure we take PT from him. I do hope Bowman gets on the field tho ofcourse but I think Dukes is gonna be a good one. Bowman may get his chances at KOR.

Aug 17, 2020, 1:09 PM

From tape I've watched, Shipley is much more like McCaffrey than ETN. Not even close.

Ok- I'll have to go back and watch some McCaffrey tape.

Aug 17, 2020, 1:38 PM

Just noticed some similarities in their(ETN and Shipley) stride and acceleration.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2020, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Shipley= Etienne, more than, Shipley=McCaffrey ]

Mo City, In what way do you see Shipley as McCaffrey? As opposed to ETN?

Aug 17, 2020, 2:14 PM

I have never seen him play, but tries to model his game after Mcaffrey.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football-recruiting/2019/11/109168/christian-mccaffrey-has-struck-up-a-friendship-with-ohio-state-target-will-shipley-and-a-comparison?amp

Aug 17, 2020, 6:24 PM

Dabo Has high praise for Dixon in the early scrimmages. He will still get his share of playing time .... I think.

Aug 18, 2020, 1:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Shipley= Etienne, more than, Shipley=McCaffrey ]

I'm not Mo City, but anyone watching the two (Shipley and McCaffrey) can see it's beyond just the skin color. It's the vision, the move-set for making people miss, the receiving/route running ability out of the backfield. Shipley and Etienne are almost nothing alike. Etienne is a north and south, elite first step back. He's always had some issues with lateral agility but it hasn't mattered because he's #### near impossible to bring down one on one in the open field. Shipley is far shiftier and is at this point a dramatically superior receiving option that Etienne was coming into the program. I'd go as far as to say that right now Shipley is a better route runner/pass catcher as a high school senior than Etienne is as a college senior. From the moment Shipley steps on campus he's going to be the best pass catching back we've had since Spiller.

Aug 18, 2020, 3:01 PM

/end discussion

Seems very rassssist ... even the OP said “switch skins”

Aug 17, 2020, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Shipley= Etienne, more than, Shipley=McCaffrey ]

You guys are fricking embarrassing

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems very rassssist ... even the OP said “switch skins”

Aug 18, 2020, 10:11 AM

Well in all fairness Shipley and McCaffrey have skin that is more similar than Shipley and ETN.

What are the parallels between Shipley and McCaffrey?***

Aug 17, 2020, 6:36 PM

how has no one said “white RB” yet***

Aug 17, 2020, 8:23 PM

RACIST!***

Aug 17, 2020, 9:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The whiteness of the skin of course ???????***

Aug 17, 2020, 9:09 PM [ in reply to What are the parallels between Shipley and McCaffrey?*** ]

Aug 18, 2020, 1:16 AM

Like McCaffrey, Shipley is a shifty all-purpose back who makes people miss, has good acceleration and surprising top-end speed. He is also very good at catching the ball. Can also run between the tackles (which is a requirement for coach Elliott as we all know).

ETN is a one-cut back who accelerates after contact better than anyone I've ever seen. He is almost unworldy in that regard. He is not an instructive pass catcher but has improved a lot.

Let’s be honest. ETN’s hands were terrible when he was a

Aug 18, 2020, 2:10 AM

Freshman. Last year was the first year he stopped dropping passes in the flats.

He’s probably our best pure RB ever but don’t pretend he’s a slot WR.

Re: Let’s be honest. ETN’s hands were terrible when he was a

Aug 18, 2020, 2:29 AM

That's one of the big differences between ETN and Shipley. ETN is mostly a pure RB (and a one-cut RB for that matter). He was even humble enough to admit last spring he feared being hit while catching passes.

Catching the ball comes natural to Shipley. He's also very nimble and elusive, unlike ETN.

IMO, there is little similarity between the two.

Shipley hasn’t took a college snap yet.

Aug 18, 2020, 2:38 AM

Never forget Willy Korn

He will prove himself or.. transfer to UNC

Aug 18, 2020, 2:07 AM

Level of competition differs slightly-

Aug 18, 2020, 9:03 AM

Dabo doesn’t need to cater to ETN. ETN has earned his right to get as many carries as he wants. He’s a stud and I’m sure Dabo is thankful he came back. I agree we are loaded at RB but ETN ain’t taking a backseat to anyone

Replies: 28
| visibility 3,066
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic