Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What message will it send if Kelly is still the starter this week?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

What message will it send if Kelly is still the starter this week?

Sep 23, 2018, 2:49 PM

After what we saw yesterday?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not the right one...

Sep 23, 2018, 2:53 PM

It will mean that all the comments from the OCs and Dabo have been false... and I would be really disappointed in Dabo. We know the results when Kelly starts (slow and faltering), so let's see what happens when Trevor starts. At the end of the day, it's all about the Tigers... or at least it SHOULD be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not the right one...

Sep 23, 2018, 4:49 PM

Regardless, Dabo will still have TL to call on as a back up any time he wants him in there whether he calls him a starter or a back up, he will there if Dabo see's that he is needed to save the day, and this could go on until KB leaves after this season. And I'm sure that TL we be just fine with that decision bc he knows he is going to play any time after the 1st series of the game. KB may only have 1 series and TL finish out the remainder of the game. The only difference is that KB will be listed as the starter on paper, and who really cares as long as we know TL is there and can save the day, PERIOD!!! I don't think that Dabo will risk humiliating KB over being called starter....

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What message will it send if Kelly is still the starter this week?

Sep 23, 2018, 2:53 PM

It will send the message that we are undefeated and winning with what we do.

Seems easy to understand to me.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

Sep 23, 2018, 3:05 PM

Easy to understand, if you’re not a troll

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That results don't matter***

Sep 23, 2018, 2:54 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just so I don't misunderstand...

Sep 23, 2018, 2:58 PM

... are you saying that "What we saw yesterday" doesn't matter?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just so I don't misunderstand...

Sep 23, 2018, 5:36 PM

He’s right. If the “results” of what we saw with Trevor compared to KB yesterday aren’t enough for him to take over at this point then how many games will Trevor have to outperform kelly to start.....

Sep 23, 2018, 2:59 PM

Why do you people respond to the coot trolls?

how come anyone that questions the coaches judgement is a coot or a troll?

Sep 23, 2018, 3:02 PM

Seems narrow minded

That best isn't always the standard

Sep 23, 2018, 3:03 PM

and that the best players don't necessarily start.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sep 23, 2018, 3:05 PM

No message really. What happens I he doesn't start but pretty much dominates playing time? I want him to start and think he should, but not a huge deal if not. We just have to see how it all shakes out.

Sep 23, 2018, 3:07 PM

It’ll mean that Dabo values seniority and what you’ve done in the past over playing the guys that give you the best chance to win. There is no other way around it. I think Kelly’s role should be situational going forward: to mix it up on offense or to provide the team a spark, if needed. There is just no way to justify starting him.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2018, 3:21 PM

One more thing: in our two real games this year- TAMU & GT- we have done nothing in the first two series of either game, all of which Kelly started and was the QB for. We can’t continue to start that way. Why should we?

Sep 23, 2018, 3:24 PM

I agree. We need to pour it on all game.

Sep 23, 2018, 5:02 PM

The #1 tool that any QB has to have be successful in any game is RHYTHM, and play calling can make all the difference to a passing QB mostly. When TL was getting a mixture of plays and not the 98% passing plays, he found his rhythm and was hard to slow down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2018, 3:27 PM

The ONLY signal will be is that KB2 will NOT red shirt this year. :)

That's all it says.

Sep 23, 2018, 3:30 PM

Don't get me wrong, I still want to see KB have some playing time. But he does start slowly. TL may be best to start because of the major factor.

I think it's very obvious that TL will start.

Sep 23, 2018, 3:36 PM

Dabo is all about results. As long as he hasn't sucked in practice. And my guess is that he hasn't.

Re: It will mean

Sep 23, 2018, 3:43 PM

Both QBs will score at will vs. USCe

Men Of Their Word!

Sep 23, 2018, 4:45 PM

To me: it would mean early in training camp when the coaching staff said, "we will play whoever gives us the best chance to win" they meant it!
I think you could win the ACC with KB!
But, you can't beat UGA or Bama or Ohio State with him.
And, I have been saying KB up until the game yesterday! Sorry, at this point in time, TL has moved the offense much better and deserves to start! -do check my post all year up until the game yesterday!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would mean TL must have had a TERRIBLE week of practice.***

Sep 23, 2018, 3:41 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 23, 2018, 3:46 PM

It will mean that Dabo is undefeated and that he knows/understands his team far better than any arm chair coordinator on Tnet. It’ll also mean that KB probably prepares for a start like a veteran qb that’s been to the playoff before. I know it’s hard to believe for so many here, but the intangibles, leadership, and game prep just might not be as strong for TL yet. I’ll continue trusting the guys that spend 80hrs a week with these two. Y’all keep on spewing from the mouth. See ya at tailgate.

Says Mr. 49%***

Sep 23, 2018, 3:57 PM

Sep 23, 2018, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Re: What message will it send if Kelly is still the starter this week? ]

We all have opinions on a sports' opinion message board. The reporters with TNET do also. I respect the opinions of all Tiger supporters. It would be a dull bar if all we said was, "the coaches know best." Lighten up man, this is football. Have one on me after the next victory.

It will convey that...

Sep 23, 2018, 4:08 PM

Dabo has confidence in both QBs and wants them developed as well as possible before we face any real competition.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2018, 4:38 PM

It will mean exactly what it's meant all along, and we have know this before the NCW!!! We have known it before a lot of great things that has happened with Clemson under Dabo's management/CEO leadership of our Clemson FB team. And that is he will tell the fans what he feels they want to hear as long as it doesn't effect what he intends on doing regardless of the outside OPINIONS, meaning fan base!!! Dabo has always sided with senior leadership over talent if it hasn't been that far apart between the seniors and the younger players. Most of us will say that TL is far better than KB, (I say It) but the facts are, TL probably isn't that much better than KB when we take KB's experience in consideration... At the end of the day I may not like Dabo's decision, but either way I wouldn't trade him for any coach in college FB today. And I will still be an Absolute Clemson fan until the day I leave this life to the after life!!!

I hate to say it, but I guess it means Dabo doesn't really

Sep 23, 2018, 4:57 PM

Care about our feelings! ??

Re: I hate to say it, but I guess it means Dabo doesn't really

Sep 23, 2018, 5:27 PM

I think that he does care, but he has to be careful of what he does for caring!!!

The message will be that

Sep 23, 2018, 4:57 PM

Kelly had a great week of practice!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The message will be that

Sep 23, 2018, 6:19 PM

I'm OK with that now bc he knows that everybody knows what we really have in TL, and he can't leave KB in the game if things aren't working for him!!! From here on out through the rest of the season, TL will get more playing time than about any backup QB that we have ever had that was called a backup!!!

I'm sure that if KB's game doesn't make drastic improvements in no more that the next two games, Dabo will pull that plug if he hasn't already decided to do that bc of the difference in the two QB's in the game against GT. KB is on the exact same leash that Cole was on before DW4 showed out against the Tar Holes in 2014. Basically TL did the same thing starting in the second quarter yesterday at GT.

Sep 23, 2018, 5:12 PM

If it’s not obvious to Dabo that the O is a force with TL and not very good with KB.
Then he is not very smart but we all know he is a very smart man.
So without doubt TL will be named the starter.

Sep 23, 2018, 5:28 PM

Won’t happen

That we have a coach who thinks for himself

Sep 23, 2018, 5:31 PM

and doesn't give a rip what message board trolls think

Re: That we have a coach who thinks for himself

Sep 23, 2018, 6:24 PM

Don't know who starts but remember we are one injury away from needing the other QB hence Syracuse. Reps matter to both and Brice when we can.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

/\ This /\

Sep 23, 2018, 6:44 PM

Exactly +1

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic