Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’ve had enough of ESPN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

I’ve had enough of ESPN

Aug 28, 2018, 2:26 PM

I think it is a bout time that we all begin to give strong consideration as to how much we want to support ESPN and its future endeavors in sports. It appears to me that they have decided to become a political commentary network and that is a BAD idea! I don’t want ESPN telling me who my president should be — whether or not I should like my president or if he happened to be “a friend” before he was elected— now I should hate him? ( Tiger Woods Max Kellerman interview.) Just call the games and stick to that please or go back to your original claim to fame — “the sec football network”. Look around the country right now - people are sick and tired of ESPN sticking their inexperienced little noses into something way too deep for them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ Yep, i would dump ESPN “if” Swofford & ACC had some

Aug 28, 2018, 2:29 PM

Ballls & gotten our fans a realistic & years ago version of the sec network propaganda machine!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’ve had enough of ESPN

Aug 28, 2018, 2:30 PM

From busniessinsider , March 2017

ESPN is expected to have another round of layoffs over the next four months. This comes amidst a dwindling subscriber base that has seen ESPN lose 12 million subscribers in just the six years.

Despite the loss in subscribers, ESPN is just as popular as ever, if not more, and we can see this in their monthly subscriber fees. ESPN now charges $7.21 per subscriber, by far the most expensive cable network, and up 54% from what they were charging in 2011, when it cost $4.69 per subscriber. And that is just for ESPN's main network.

If we look at sports networks available in more than 50% of cable and satellite TV homes, $9.06 of each monthly bill goes to ESPN's top four networks (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SEC Network), whether the customer watches those networks or not, according to data from SNL Kagan (via Sports TV Ratings). The Fox Sports family of networks (FS1, FS2, Big Ten Network) are the next most expensive, with customers paying $1.86 each month for those networks combined. The stand-alone NFL Network is the only other sports entity charging more than $1.00 per month

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

What does March 2017 have anything to do with it?

Aug 28, 2018, 2:32 PM

Everyone knows that April 2017 is when ESPN started to crash and burn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Dumping Jemele Hill wasn't enough to save them?

Aug 28, 2018, 2:36 PM

What about pulling Michelle Beadle from Get Up? I guess there's nothing they can do now to please the masses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

I don't even know who they are***

Aug 28, 2018, 2:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

They do the late night cooking show.

Aug 28, 2018, 2:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

honestly I think this is overblown

Aug 28, 2018, 2:44 PM

Just don't watch their talk shows if you don't want to.

They still cover a large variety of sports and show more college football than anyone else by far.

I love ESPN bc of the access to sports it gives me.

Aug 28, 2018, 2:51 PM

I listen to ESPNU on Siriusxm which is devoid of politics for the most part. I do not listen to any other of their shows. I only hear about their political views from people who watch their shows, complain about it, and continue watching.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I too have mastered the remote, albeit with help of glasses.***

Aug 28, 2018, 3:43 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2018, 2:52 PM

I like ESPN for College Football Period, if it dosen't relate to that I just don't watch it. However, I will say that ESPN Became popular when they showed the same episode of sports center for 6 hours in the morning. I am not going to lie that was awesome, they need more of that and less of the talking morons like stephen A and max k. imo

Aug 28, 2018, 2:56 PM

Long gone are the days ESPN televised Austrailian Rules Football, Scholastic Sports America and AWA Wrestling.

I find myself only watching ESPN during college football season these days.

Aug 28, 2018, 5:32 PM

I miss Aussie Rules Football

Have you considered dumping your

Aug 28, 2018, 2:59 PM

nachos on ESPN's head? That's generally how I like to handle conflict.

I'm so used to everyone in Hollywood, blue states, Canada,

Aug 28, 2018, 3:01 PM

England, Germany, the media etc... telling me what to do and how wrong I am I guess i'm just numb to it now.
Which is nice.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

ESPN lost my respect when it started humping

Aug 28, 2018, 3:10 PM

the SEC's legs. How can the network remain neutral while hosting a network all about one conference. The answer was they couldn't. They didn't even try.

But if Stephen A comes on my screen in any way, shape or form I turn it immediately.

I did the same when Lou Holtz was on.

Aug 28, 2018, 3:13 PM

I find it ironic that people don’t want ESPN discussing politics but they are ok with political songs and pledges being recited before every sporting event and people forced to be a part of them.....

The national anthem and pledge of allegiance is political?

Aug 28, 2018, 4:00 PM

That’s the problem that some of you think it’s political and not what it is

Re: The national anthem and pledge of allegiance is political?

Aug 28, 2018, 4:22 PM

Wut? How is not political?

Sure we are confusing patriotism and politics?

Aug 28, 2018, 4:48 PM

Patriotism. Patriotism, feeling of attachment and commitment to a country, nation, or political community. Patriotism (love of country) and nationalism (loyalty to one's nation) are often taken to be synonymous, yet patriotism has its origins some 2,000 years prior to the rise of nationalism in the 19th century.

Sorry, Sure we AREN'T confusing patriotism and politics?***

Aug 28, 2018, 5:04 PM

As much as I hate talking politics online, question for you

Aug 28, 2018, 5:25 PM [ in reply to The national anthem and pledge of allegiance is political? ]

If you don't consider the act of playing the National Anthem itself to be political, then how is kneeling during the anthem or talking about the issue political? I would argue that all of these acts are political to varying degrees.

Aug 28, 2018, 3:17 PM

"I think it is a bout time that we all begin to give strong consideration as to how much we want to support ESPN and its future endeavors in sports."

There is no "we". There is only you. I hope you make correct decision and do not patronize ESPN or any of their associated properties. Good luck and God speed.

Me? I'm gonna watch me some ESPN, ESPN 2, The Ocho, etc when I feel like it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean Kellerman, the guy who hits women?

Aug 28, 2018, 3:18 PM

Why shouldn't we hang on his every word? Now that is someone whose opinion I don't give a gamecock about!

At least do this

Aug 28, 2018, 3:22 PM

https://deadline.com/2014/08/max-kellerman-suspened-espn-radio-domestic-abuse-comments-816967/

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry

Aug 28, 2018, 3:25 PM

Will do better

that max segment translated to

Aug 28, 2018, 4:50 PM [ in reply to At least do this ]

"how dare that black boy have an independent thought"

Re: Apparently you only get to be on ESPN

Aug 28, 2018, 3:52 PM [ in reply to You mean Kellerman, the guy who hits women? ]

if you are an annoying bozo. I only watch games now. Nothing else

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2018, 3:20 PM

you hit the nail on the head.......agree 1000%.........Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So stop being a goon and only watch the actual games.

Aug 28, 2018, 3:23 PM

Pretty simple.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I honestly couldn't give 2 &$#@s what ESPN puts on

Aug 28, 2018, 3:26 PM

their networks aside from live sports because live sports are all i care about and all i watch anyway. But anyway, lets pretend for a minute that i actually do care and that I'm mad at ESPN i no longer want to support them. I still need to acknowledge a couple of important facts:

1) ESPN actually does a very, very good job with their live sports broadcasts. Their productions are consistently better than their competitors. Say what you will about the quality of their filler content, but are basically the industry standard when it comes to live sports.

2) If ESPN loses the rights deals to things like college sports they are likely to land in places you might not expect. Don't just assume that the games will switch from ABC/ESPN to Fox or CBS. Expect other media giants like Youtube, Facebook, and Amazon to get involved.

Re: I honestly couldn't give 2 &$#@s what ESPN puts on

Aug 28, 2018, 3:54 PM

Amen if you condiier Fox a competitor. They are awful

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I record anything that might pertain to Clemson other than..

Aug 28, 2018, 3:57 PM

our football games. When I watch the programs I FF through the BS and commercials. I don't listen to ESPiN's talking heads unless there's a Paw on the screen. I don't expose myself to all their tripe.

Anyone who doesn't do it that way is dumb, imo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN? Oh, the leftist propaganda outfit

Aug 28, 2018, 4:57 PM

that used to be a sports network. Yeah I'm not watching their forced diversity talking heads preach their ignorant politics. Actual sports or GTFO, and that's from someone who used to watch PTI and ATH basically every day.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2018, 5:11 PM

Why do we make such an issue over what we watch or listen to when the solution is so simple. There are dials and other methods to change channels or turn the dang thing off. I did this a long time ago and discovered I can sleep much better.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2018, 5:15 PM

You’d think almost nobody on this site watches ESPN considering there’s a post similar to this pretty much every other day. However, it seems many on here have it on one of their stations constantly considering there’s always someone ready to come post about what was on ESPN.

I listen to ESPN radio a lot in the car, but don’t watch much beyond the live sports. Not because I have any issues with them, but because I just usually have other TV to watch when there isn’t a game on. However, I’m not sure why so many are surprised they have a lot of filler stuff considering they have around a half dozen stations to fill content on.

Why not look at it like this:

Aug 28, 2018, 5:37 PM

I personally don't like mixing sports and politics either. However, I view ESPN similar to the way I view other networks. ESPN is a media outlet that puts a variety of shows on the air in order to get viewers to watch. Their programming schedule includes a variety of content much like many other media outlets. I choose to watch only the shows/events that are entertaining to me.

I don't see any reason that I cannot be opposed to Max Kellerman and Stephen A Smith's show while at the same time enjoying PTI, Sportscenter, and live sports broadcasts. For example, I enjoy watching historical documentaries, but I don't enjoy reality tv programs so I only watch the history channel when they show history, but I don't boycott the entirety of their programming.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic