Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
honest question: are we ready?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 996

honest question: are we ready?

Sep 9, 2013, 9:15 AM

Do you guys think we are ready for this top 3 ranking and all of the hype/publicity that comes with it?

I feel like the answer is yes because of our leadership at the top with Dabo, then on down to the coordinators, and the player leadership out of guys like Boyd.

But there I still have a little concern about jumping this high this early.

I am so glad we have leadership on our team and we dont have to deal with the crap that our in-state brethren are dealing with.

anyways, just thought i'd ask. GO TIGERS!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.***

Sep 9, 2013, 9:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, for the reasons you listed, I think we are mentally

Sep 9, 2013, 9:21 AM

ready. Heck, I would say that Tajh is probably in a better place mentally WITH this ranking than without it. It's not like he came back to go to the Music City Bowl!

The next question is are we ready physically? Again I say yes. The two teams above us are awesome and I don't have the bravado to say that we're ready to go toe-to-toe with them, but below us...I'm not sure there's anyone that we can't beat. Not that we WOULD beat all of them, but we CAN beat all of them. Just my only-slightly-informed opinion. It's not like I catch a whole lot of Stanford football.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: honest question: are we ready?

Sep 9, 2013, 9:21 AM

If they want to show we could contend at the top, they have to have the right mentality. And if you focus back on things Dabo said during the camps, one thing he kept saying over and over was he was working on their mental toughness...so I'd hope that part of that was in handling successes/adversity/being behind in games and staying focused to fight back, etc. Guess we'll see...

Sep 9, 2013, 9:26 AM

I think so as well. Not to say I'm not nervous about it. Dabo has built a culture of consistency here. I love the fact essentially all of the media interviews with any coach or player wind up with the same relative quiet confidence and let's get the job done game by game. Our guys are working hard on the field and working hard at doing and saying he right things off of the field. I think that if we can sustain being in the top 5 this year it will be a huge landmark for our Tigers and help cement that our Program is truly back on the map. We have rarely gotten the love of the media or voters in the polls and now that we have it, we need to sustain it. GO TIGERS!!!

Honest answer

Sep 9, 2013, 9:37 AM

They'd better be, because it's here

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Ask UGA if they think we are ready... :)

Sep 9, 2013, 9:38 AM

GO TIGERS

I really don't even think we are going to be talked about

Sep 9, 2013, 9:41 AM

that much until the FSU game. Completely under the radar at #3 with Tajh Heisman updates for a second or two each weekend......remember that what you mean by "hype" is "how much is ESPN going to talk about us?!?" which will still be very little until the FSU marquee match up happens.....until then, Bama, Johnny Football, Urban Meyer, and repeat.

Obviously not going to be talked about much this week

Sep 9, 2013, 9:49 AM

but will get all of the early attention next week. These Thursday road games have been a thorn, but this isn't the same Clemson team that has don so poorly in those.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2013, 9:45 AM

guys have been around awhile. Boyd and Watkins were starters when the 2011 team lost to Tech and then couldn't really come back from that. MacDowell is getting an opportunity after a looooong wait. Several DBs were hurt last year and underperformed or watched from the sidelines. Most of the O-line grew up against LSU and know what it takes to win against a really good defense.
I think all this leads to a maturity level that will allow the team to stay focused.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2013, 9:47 AM

I think so. Remember we have a Thursday night game against NC State so we will be on National TV with everyone watching. To me this team is so different from Bowden's teams it's not even funny. They are taking it one game at a time and to me they seem focused on the task at hand. This has the potential to be a special season and I think the players sense that and are not going to look past anyone.

#### I hope so. Because I know what I'm not ready for,

Sep 9, 2013, 9:49 AM

that would be failing at this point.

There's something in these hills.

Sep 9, 2013, 9:58 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 996
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic