Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
honest assessment of the debate
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

honest assessment of the debate

Oct 7, 2020, 11:02 PM

of course both sides are gonna say they won....

there wasn't much to talk about really. And I don't think this moves any voters what so-ever. Neither of them answered most of the questions, but spoke on what they wanted to. Neither of them said anything enlightening or offended their base

Harris came across as delighted to be there, energetic and spoke on she wanted to. "you lost the trade war" was BIG

Pence came across as not very happy to be there (maybe thats just his personality). He gave it his best to pull the trump maneuver and interrupt and go at her hard, but he just ain't got it in him. I think that wont go over well with the base of raucous trumpers that want to see some more fight, and will come across as a weak attempt by others.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Re: honest assessment of the debate

Oct 7, 2020, 11:13 PM

Pence just set back and let her talk. She had way to many unforced errors. They will raise your taxes day one. She brought up the Iran deal dang you know Pence was going to talk about the Plane load of cash in the middle of the night. Why would she do that? She did not vote yes MCA. She was just awful.

Pence did not take advantage of the Trump Tax thing. He should have answered, you and Joe made the tax rules Trump just took advantage of the laws you wrote. If you don't like it why did you not change it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2020, 11:17 PM

the ur gonna raise taxes line was just him saying it over and over again. She said several times what the Biden tax deal is. But if you say it again again.....

like I said no real hey-makers tonight and def no knockouts....which I think the Trump campaign badly needed

Oct 7, 2020, 11:19 PM

I guess we will see Nov. 3. There are 2 more debates. Lets see if Trump follows Pence's lead. Just let them talk. They will have unforced errors. The way Biden does gaffs he is bound to be worse than Harris.

Oct 7, 2020, 11:24 PM

no doubt Biden is gaff prone, but so is trump, lol

but yes we shall see on the 3rd and the following weeks

Kamala kept cool, as did Mike. So it was pretty much a

Oct 7, 2020, 11:17 PM

nothing burger. She sure didn't do anything to scare off folks concerned about her being next in line from a position or temperament standpoint.

Tonight was a huge Dem win IMO as scaring folks against #2 passed the moment.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kamala kept cool, as did Mike. So it was pretty much a

Oct 7, 2020, 11:20 PM

agreed!

Oct 7, 2020, 11:21 PM [ in reply to Kamala kept cool, as did Mike. So it was pretty much a ]

No way Dems won the night. Trump will follow Pence's lead in the next debate.

Oct 7, 2020, 11:24 PM

uh uhhh

Oct 7, 2020, 11:27 PM

Oct 7, 2020, 11:32 PM

ok

What lead was that? Don't address the question from the

Oct 8, 2020, 12:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Kamala kept cool, as did Mike. So it was pretty much a ]

moderator? Change the subject repeatedly? Go well past your time despite numerous requests from the moderator? Seems Trump set the lead for Numero Dos already.

BTW that wasn't lost on tonight's viewers either. Same ole same old from the talkover crew.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2020, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Kamala kept cool, as did Mike. So it was pretty much a ]

Oct 7, 2020, 11:31 PM

you are entitled to your opinion

if ur honest with yourself thats what you already thought going into the debates, so theres nothing she could have said to win you over. Same deal with Pence, I know Mikey's politics and theres nothing he could say that would sway me. Tonight he was tasked with defending trump.

all this equals no movement (or very little)

Oct 7, 2020, 11:34 PM

Oct 7, 2020, 11:35 PM

who is the more you are referring to??

Oct 7, 2020, 11:40 PM

Oct 7, 2020, 11:42 PM

oh you mean blk pubs, got it. glad blk pubs are realizing something good about trump lol

#slowclap

Oct 7, 2020, 11:52 PM

Oct 8, 2020, 12:32 AM

I'm certainly not for any racists...and I'm also not for using ones words from all the way back in "77 and making them racists for it, or whatever the point of bringing that statement up. For the record I nor do most level headed folks think Biden is a racist, period.

As for the crime bill stuff. I think it was awful, and showed to be racially lopsided, just like stop and frisk and some other policies. However I don't think that was the intent....unless you just wanna just call Kamala a racist or against POC? I think that for anyone in public service can look back in hindsight and say they wished they had that vote back.

Most people, including the blks, vote the way they vote for many reasons, not 1 (although there are some single issue voters, I suppose). I have never been promised the moon or any other stellar body, but vote due to policies and what I think are in mine, my families and the countries best interests

Oct 7, 2020, 11:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Kamala kept cool, as did Mike. So it was pretty much a ]

The way she does those smirks its kind of like Hillary 2.0. People don't like it one bit.

It was a crushing win for the Biden / Harris ticket tonight.

Oct 7, 2020, 11:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Kamala kept cool, as did Mike. So it was pretty much a ]

Nothing at all changed from that debate. Only nitpicky stuff, but no scathing stabs or exposures. The needle will stay where it is.

The only thing to fear from Kamala's performance tonight, for those on that 'what about the back-up' fence, is fear itself.

Oct 7, 2020, 11:31 PM

she missed a ton of opportunities, but did not crap the bed. Pence had nothing to gain or lose, but managed to dodge every answer with focus group tested talking points and was clearly on a short leash tonight.

he also got a good 15 minutes more talking time, repeatedly cutting her off, as well as the female moderator, which played right into harris' hand..

those that think she got it handed to her tonight do not understand that she was trying to appeal female voters.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2020, 11:36 PM

Talk about phoney. Harris and Biden saying they will not end fracking in the debates then you see them saying they will and all fossil fuels. You know there are videos of them say they will.

Oct 7, 2020, 11:42 PM

Neither has never said HE/ SHE would end all fossil fuels, but their plan is to be net carbon 0 by 2050. That means we can develop carbon capture and still use fossil fuels, but have to be wiser about conserving them as better renewable technologies are becoming more affordable.

it is going to happen, re electing trump will just delay the inevitable.

That sounds like a CNN Fact Check

Oct 7, 2020, 11:47 PM

Re: That sounds like a CNN Fact Check

Oct 7, 2020, 11:47 PM

coal is not all fossil fuels and that is good advice because automation and mountain top removal took their jobs, more so than less demand for coal.

Oct 7, 2020, 11:53 PM

https://youtu.be/oUh_vkgm6_A

Check out 1:33 in that video

Oct 7, 2020, 11:57 PM [ in reply to Re: That sounds like a CNN Fact Check ]

Oct 8, 2020, 12:20 AM [ in reply to Re: That sounds like a CNN Fact Check ]

This is true. We need to protect our mountains. You can't grow mountains.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2020, 11:50 PM [ in reply to Re: honest assessment of the debate ]

https://youtu.be/O_2e8WH_1yU

Oct 7, 2020, 11:52 PM

he is not proposing this will happen any time while he is alive. We are talking a 30 year plan here. it would be absolutely ludicrous to attempt to do this in any less time than that, he knows that, I know that, and you know that.. Cortez wanted it by 2030 which was far too ambitious to be realistic.

And seriously, good luck abolishing fossil fuels regardless of who holds the house. The private energy sector will have to adapt, or fail.

Oct 7, 2020, 11:55 PM

You do know what the green new deal is right?

Oct 7, 2020, 11:59 PM

no, I am a total moron. As I explained above, Biden's plan gives us 30 years to be be net carbon 0. This is enough of a heads up for BP and Exxon to adapt.. A lot of us will not be alive by then. People not even born yet will be normalized to the lifestyle changes required to pull this off, diet, consuming less, producing food and goods locally, using renewable energy, smaller homes, mass transportation, etc...

We have no choice, but then again if you do not see this as a problem than I am just rambling.

Oct 8, 2020, 12:09 AM

Oct 8, 2020, 12:37 AM [ in reply to Re: honest assessment of the debate ]

Its a problem but we cannot change it @ this point. The raise in temp. is not what they had hoped.
So they changed to Climate change. Well ya the Climate is always changing and has been since the beginning of time. If the temp. get so hot it shutdowns the gulf stream then we go into another Ice Age. That was what was being said from the 60-80s. That did not work so now global warming is bad. The same way with the tree huggers. Don't manage the forest in California let nature take its course. That leads to dead under brush, down trees and that is nothing but a tinderbox just waiting for a fire to be massive. With out fuel you know there will be no fire. We are doing more today than @ anytime in the past. Coal plants are using new GE turbines that reuse the exhaust run another turbine and by the time it is release it is clean. We can engineer fossil fuel consumption and it is clean energy. The problem I have with the Green energy deal is the ones pushing it will be the money makers. If we come up with different power source then I am all for it. electric cars still need electricity to run that mean power plants. Cold fusion was one answer but it ended up being fake. I sure we will find another power source but not next year but maybe in 20yrs.

Oct 8, 2020, 4:36 AM

Literally every sentence you wrote is wrong.

You pretty much got every word you just typed from a Koch Industries talking points sheet.

We became net oil exporters via the Obama / Biden

Oct 7, 2020, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Re: honest assessment of the debate ]

administration.

Look it up.

Just goes to show that time of possession

Oct 8, 2020, 12:13 AM [ in reply to Re: honest assessment of the debate ]

isn't necessarily the most important stat in assessing game control.

Oct 8, 2020, 12:18 AM [ in reply to Re: honest assessment of the debate ]

Why do you think she was appealing to female voters? Which female voters?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

may be honest, but not very objective...

Oct 7, 2020, 11:37 PM

but yes, this debate will change nothing

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: may be honest, but not very objective...

Oct 7, 2020, 11:39 PM

I think its a blue print for the President.

Re: may be honest, but not very objective...

Oct 7, 2020, 11:42 PM [ in reply to may be honest, but not very objective... ]

Get Joe to talk about China, taxes, packing the court, the Justice hearing, Iran deal and the green new deal.

Oct 8, 2020, 12:25 AM

Well said.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic