Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
holy crap...look what's coming up for auction at Christie's.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 469

holy crap...look what's coming up for auction at Christie's.

Feb 15, 2019, 10:23 AM

Pink Floyd/David Gilmour's collection of 120 guitars, including the iconic "Black Strat" that he has used for 50 years... in the studio and on tour. Also - his 1954 Strat, serial number 0001. Fascinating article and short video for all you music lovers.

Also, nice mention of the legendary Manny's Music Shop in NYC, where everyone from Johnny Cash to The Beatles to Jimi Hendrix bought their guitars, and where Gilmour bought the Black Strat in 1968.

https://www.christies.com/features/David-Gilmour-legendary-Black-Strat-comes-to-auction-9637-3.aspx

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: holy crap...look what's coming up for auction at Christie's.

Feb 15, 2019, 10:27 AM

heavy breathing

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd kill for that Gretsch Penguin.

Feb 15, 2019, 10:34 AM

I mean, I'd still kill just for something to do a Tuesday afternoon, but getting a nice Gretsch out of the deal would be cool too.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

them Martin and Gibson acoustics tho***

Feb 15, 2019, 10:36 AM

how bout this one?

Feb 15, 2019, 10:50 AM [ in reply to I'd kill for that Gretsch Penguin. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Dude. So Germanic. Honestly I'm surprised the asking prices are so low.

Feb 15, 2019, 11:02 AM

For these guitars' place in rock history, I'd pay way more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sad part is that these instruments are gonna wind up in

Feb 15, 2019, 11:19 AM

somebody's collection, not likely to be played often or ever. Certainly won't end up in the hands of anybody that could play'em like they should be.

I think I read somewhere that Johnny Depp has quite a

Feb 15, 2019, 11:30 AM

guitar collection and quite a bad habit of spending stupid amounts of money. He may buy some of these, then, when he eventually goes bankrupt, they will hit the market again.

Also, surprised $150k is the estimate for the Black Strat and #0001

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

same here Paw Man... I'm like, only $150K?? Jesus, I could

Feb 15, 2019, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Dude. So Germanic. Honestly I'm surprised the asking prices are so low. ]

actually raid my 401K and snag that emm effer?? LOL. When people pay more than that for freakin comic books and Barbie dolls?? I saw the other day where a Super Mario video game sold for $100K...

I don't know, they may be surprised. Some billionaire dude may swoop in and pay more than they're thinking. If I can find that damm lotto ticket sold a half mile down the road it will be me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

I'm guessing it will bring more. Saw a really good article

Feb 15, 2019, 11:53 AM

w/ Gilmour and why he is selling. Sorry I don't recall where I saw the link.

Anyhoo, he said that repos of his famous guitars are so good now that he doesn't need the O.G.s and it's just time to let someone else have them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 469
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic