Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Georgia and Oklahoma... 2 of the most overrated teams of the last decade... discuss!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,656

Georgia and Oklahoma... 2 of the most overrated teams of the last decade... discuss!!!

Jul 7, 2017, 2:53 AM

With all of the 5 stars both of these programs have been able to lure in and are still average.. huge disappointments in my eyes!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Georgia and Oklahoma... 2 of the most overrated teams of the last decade... discuss!!!

Jul 7, 2017, 6:46 AM

If it were UGA stand-alone, you could say three decades. It's pushing two for OU.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spud and Commodore Bob would 2nd that nomination.***

Jul 7, 2017, 6:51 AM

Que supermutt in 3,2,1.......***

Jul 7, 2017, 6:53 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's been the case for UGa a lot longer than a decade***

Jul 7, 2017, 7:42 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Georgia and Oklahoma... 2 of the most overrated teams of the last decade... discuss!!!

Jul 7, 2017, 8:15 AM

Starting in 2000 OU has 10 conference championships and a national title. It would be an honor for UGA to be compared to them. I agree they have fallen short recently and we crushed them, but they are just outside that elite group in college football right now.

null

Jul 7, 2017, 9:21 AM

Great point @whatweeatin. Couldn't agree more. OU gets a lot of disrespect on Tnet because we beat them twice recently, but they're a solid program and really always have been. Sure we smoked them in the playoff and Ohio State kicked their teeth in, in their stadium last year, but they've also won some big games too. Auburn and Alabama in recent bowl games just to name a couple. They are one of those programs that up until about 2013 Clemson fans would have loved to have as a program. Now we just straight trash them. Kind of sad really. Now Georgia, I've not seen them do anything significant in my lifetime. Still waiting, believe it when I see it. They do indeed suck! Haha

I understand the point, but i dont know that i'd throw OU

Jul 7, 2017, 8:18 AM

in there. They have certainly been overrated since about 2012, but previous to that, they've been very tough. A couple of Heisman's, 3 NC game appearances, 1 NC Title

EDIT: you did say past Decade, so i'll agree that is fair

Message was edited by: jtiger1®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

hmmm, wonder if they lost any d coaches around that

Jul 7, 2017, 9:29 AM

Time which is when they started getting pushed around on that side of the ball.

They had defensive problems during Venables' tenure

Jul 7, 2017, 9:38 AM

there too. It seems to be a conference wide problem that's rooted more in personnel and broad coaching philosophy than anything to do with Venables though.

Agree

Jul 7, 2017, 8:22 AM

When you look at the talent that GA pumps into the NFL, how they do not win big is mind boggling. I have said for over 20 years that there is something lacking culturewise at that place. For us 45 and older Tiger fans, besides the Chickens, no place better for suffering than in Athens.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree

Jul 7, 2017, 1:11 PM

> When you look at the talent that GA pumps into the
> NFL, how they do not win big is mind boggling. I
> have said for over 20 years that there is something
> lacking culturewise at that place. For us 45 and
> older Tiger fans, besides the Chickens, no place
> better for suffering than in Athens.

No argument on the underachieving.......Drinking the Mark Richt Kool-Aid for way too long. There's a new sheriff in town and he's stacking the roster. If Dabo can turn clem around anythings possible.

Jul 7, 2017, 12:50 PM

If we're only using the past decade, as in the past 10 years, that puts us back to 2007 through 2016. In that time, Oklahoma has won six Big 12 titles, played in six BCS bowls, New Year's Six, or CFB Playoff games with a 3-3 record, played for one national title (2008), produced a Heisman winner and two finalists this past season, won 104 games (avg. 10.4 wins/season with only two seasons below 10 wins), has wins against Alabama and Auburn in their past 2 Sugar Bowl appearances ... I could keep going, but to say OU is overrated would be massively wrong. Oklahoma deserves the hype they receive. Unfortunately for OU, that hype usually consists of constant National Championship talk and they haven't won one since 2000. Being over-hyped and overrated are different things, IMO. Perhaps that's why you think they are overrated, but I'd disagree.

As for Georgia, I concur.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,656
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic