Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former Clemson WR to sign with Chiefs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

TNET: Former Clemson WR to sign with Chiefs

Mar 13, 2018, 8:55 AM

Former Clemson WR to sign with Chiefs

Sammy Watkins has found his new home in the NFL. The former Clemson receiver has agreed to terms on a three-year contract worth $48 million with $30 million gua Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Former Clemson WR to sign with Chiefs

Mar 13, 2018, 9:07 AM

Good luck Sammy. Light it up this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and has already been released and signed again***

Mar 13, 2018, 9:07 AM

hmm... don't get this one on several levels.......

Mar 13, 2018, 9:28 AM

1) breaking in new qb
2) another city where the weather can get nasty especially late year/playoff time
3) small market

I wish him the best and I like the college like fans of KC but I imagine he had choices even for a little less $ and as a WR I wish he would have landed with an established QB/Passing team in a warm weather market or dome where he could shine brightest.

Re: hmm... don't get this one on several levels.......

Mar 13, 2018, 9:42 AM

Beats Chicago...and they play some nice weather away games.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: hmm... don't get this one on several levels.......

Mar 13, 2018, 10:04 AM [ in reply to hmm... don't get this one on several levels....... ]

>I imagine he had choices even for a little less $ and as a WR

That could be a big understatement. This is a huge contract for his injury history and production which has not been top 5 or even top 15.

The Rams wanted to keep him they debated franchising him

Mar 13, 2018, 10:36 AM

but thought they could afford/keep him without by clearing up some cap $. Evidently they couldn't quite get there or he wanted out for some reason but that's a team that could win the Super Bowl in the next few years. Given the WR pool available, this is the type $ expected for a Sammy Watkins. Sammy is only 24 YO. He showed what he could do when the Rams actually threw it to him but getting traded when he did was not ideal. Buffalo given the QB situation and weather was never going to workout great but he held his own up there.

"Show Me The Money !!!"***

Mar 13, 2018, 10:05 AM [ in reply to hmm... don't get this one on several levels....... ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$30 million guaranteed is a big number to my untrained eye

Mar 13, 2018, 10:39 AM [ in reply to hmm... don't get this one on several levels....... ]

considering his pro career so far. Maybe he could have gotten close to that somewhere else...but maybe not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From his perspective

Mar 13, 2018, 10:55 AM [ in reply to hmm... don't get this one on several levels....... ]

This is the first time he'll be on a team with complimentary weapons. I think he's seen what being a teams No 1 WR in the NFL means and how that can actually limit your opportunity if you don't have a strong supporting cast.

The Rams did a nice job offensively last year, but Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp are complimentary WR's. Sammy was drawing all the coverage and those guys were getting the benefits of single coverage and the stats and opportunities that went with that.

In KC you have a ground game that is nearly as good as what the Rams had, but also Tyreek Hill and Kelce to keep defenses honest. Mahomes has a great arm as well and if he proves he can read NFL defenses and show some accuracy that offense is going to be really difficult to stop. Sammy may wind up being the third option that defenses choose to shut down because you have to account for Hill down the field and Kelce in the seam with safeties over both. That means Sammy is looking at a ton of single coverage next year.

I agree Mahomes is a wildcard and if he's not accurate it could be a mistake to leave an offense with Goff, but if he winds up being serviceable then I think Sammy probably made a good choice to play for a winning team and to give himself more opportunity to shine.

you make some good points....bottomline Mahommes will be the

Mar 13, 2018, 11:01 AM

key to whether this works for him. Putting all his eggs in that basket.......it will be interesting.

Mar 13, 2018, 11:10 AM

30 mill guaranteed for Sammy given his injuries and not top line production seems ludicrous but more power to him.

Mar 13, 2018, 11:10 AM

30 mill guaranteed for Sammy given his injuries and not top line production seems ludicrous but more power to him.

8 td's is topline relevant to time targeted!***

Mar 13, 2018, 12:36 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happiness Achieved?

Mar 13, 2018, 2:07 PM

Sammy did good for a contract. Great WR. But what's the price. It's all about money or what it can buy. Few around that cares about country and the real world of people who struggle every day. Hope he has a good year.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many receivers do they need?

Mar 13, 2018, 2:17 PM

I hope sammy is happy with the move....

They only had one, now they have two***

Mar 13, 2018, 2:43 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic