Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
hitting is not our problem
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

hitting is not our problem

Feb 23, 2019, 3:57 PM

have you guys not noticed since monte has been here we score a lot of runs. when you average more than 4 runs per game its not a hitting problem.

Pitching is our problem, its not a talent problem, its mental. we can't seem to pitch with a lead. how many time have you seen a 3-4 run lead evaporate? heck its happened this year! I believe we have good pitchers, we just need to be a little more clutch. if your offense gives you a 3-4 run lead you should win every.single.time!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It actually kinda is..

Feb 23, 2019, 4:00 PM

this team is living and dying with the long ball so far this season. I think eventually we will break out.. and yes pitching and defense are also a problem.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

we only hit one today

Feb 23, 2019, 4:03 PM

the other runs came from walks and errors. we make you pay as we walk A LOT! and I think that skews our lob numbers a bit. youre not going to drive them in every time

we have hit 11 in 5 games..

Feb 23, 2019, 4:08 PM

its not a bad thing.. to hit 11 in 5 games. Its just.. we have had PLENTY of chances in the first five games.. not just today. I would love to get our numbers with RISP. Im sure its not great. numbers will be skewed.. as it is so early.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

yeah but more often than not

Feb 23, 2019, 4:10 PM

we have runners on base when we hit them. so if we hit two multi run HR's a game that at least 4 runs. scratch a few more by and that should be plenty to win a ballgame

Re: hitting is not our problem

Feb 23, 2019, 4:11 PM

Lol. In college baseball, only averaging 4 or 5 runs a game will put you at the bottom of your league in scoring.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, the average runs scored is 5.4.

Feb 23, 2019, 4:23 PM

But when pitching is a problem, you need to score more runs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a7x - hitting IS an issue . . . this is College Baseball!!!

Feb 23, 2019, 5:21 PM

Where 4-5 runs isn't anything!!! You have to hit for average better than we are currently hitting . . . but that isn't necessarily Monte's philosophy.

He thrives on teaching kids to "sit on pitches" and drive the ball. His philosophy is more the MLB train of thought. Today vs VMI we were better than we have been to this point, but we still squandered sooooo many chances!!! Our ineptness at situational hitting almost bit us in the butt!!!!!!!

Let's take the win, be grateful and see where this bus takes us!!!

Nice win Tigers . . . Now let's win the "series" tonight!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic