Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: In-state quarterback staying in touch with the Clemson coaches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

TNET: In-state quarterback staying in touch with the Clemson coaches

Apr 21, 2019, 8:01 AM

In-state quarterback staying in touch with the Clemson coaches

Hunter Helms knows that receiving a Clemson offer is a longshot, but he’s kept the lines of communication open with the coaches. Just in case. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He can play

Apr 21, 2019, 8:33 AM

Watch his video on Rivals: https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/hunter-helms-220489#school-interests

I could see him in an air raid offense somewhere. Huge arm and good footwork. He's nimble enough to escape a collapsing pocket and still keep his eyes downfield for a big throw. He'll be a solid QB wherever he goes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

his tape looked good to me

Apr 21, 2019, 9:03 AM

but then again every body's does. He's got the numbers, maybe a bit short for D1.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's 6'2"***

Apr 21, 2019, 12:48 PM

If you have any sense of decency and morality, stay away

Apr 21, 2019, 8:56 AM

from WVU. Total cesspool.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His dad a Triple H fan?

Apr 21, 2019, 9:26 AM

Will he not attend camp if it falls on SummerSlam weekend?

~JKB

Re: TNET: In-state quarterback staying in touch with the Clemson coaches

Apr 21, 2019, 11:57 AM

If you have a chance to go to Yale and aren’t a serious recruit for power 5 schools why not take it?

Apr 21, 2019, 12:48 PM

Ivy League schools don't offer athletic scholarships. He'd have to pay the tuition himself. But, if he could pull it off, I agree with your premise. He'll walk out of there and into a $100k job from day one.

Apr 21, 2019, 3:54 PM

Dabo controls who is offered a scholarship, and he has more than proven that he is going to do it his way, and his way has worked, we are NC'S two out of the last 3 years, and I'll take those odds every time. But for the life of me, I just can't see offering a scholarship to a coaches son bc he has worked at Clemson, and especially a coach that interviewed for every HC job that came open so he could go and be on his own with his offense. IMPO, there isn't any loyalty in CM's character even when he was being paid a top 5 offensive coordinator salary with only a few years of college experience....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2015, 8:36 AM

If Dabo offered him, he thinks the kid can play. Everyone hated that he was offering the Davis twins, but they both played good college ball and earned their scholarships. Dabo watched Morris throw the ball in his back yard for years most likely, and thinks the kid is worth a scholly. And dont forget Chad Morris had a huge role in landing Watson for us, so he was worth every penny.

Apr 23, 2019, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: In-state quarterback staying in touch with the Clemson coaches ]

Dabo has talked in the past about how much he loved Chandler and how he was glad that he still came to Clemson camps even after his dad was coaching at another school.

Dabo knew there was 0% chance that Chandler would come to Clemson as long as Chad has a job but wanted him to be able to say that he had a Clemson offer.

If Chad didn't handle things the right way in your opinion that is fine. The way Dabo has talked about Chandler, I think this was more about doing something nice for the kid and not a favor to Chad.

JMO

Apr 23, 2019, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: In-state quarterback staying in touch with the Clemson coaches ]

Without CM, there is no DW4, no CM Offense, no natl championship 1, and likely no TL16 or natl championship 2. I’d say CM has pulled his weight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is he a 5-star?

Apr 23, 2019, 11:11 PM

If not, then he better get in the back of the line. :)

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic