Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sammy.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Sammy.

Aug 5, 2012, 10:54 AM

Just read that a UGA kid got off with no suspension for some weed. And honestly, good for him. If it was his first offense, then that's ok. it just depends on the situation.

Sammy made a mistake.. but it was his first one as part of the Clemson Tigers. It wasn't too massive. He had simple possession. Punish him in front of his teammates.. so you get the whole "he's not bigger than the team" point across. BUT you tell him if he does something like that again he'll miss 4-5 games, no questions asked. A player at his caliber (and that appears to not be a real trouble maker) won't let something like that happen again. Everyone needs a little grace every now and then.

Just tired of seeing our fans beat their moral chests like they do all the time. Why exactly do they do that? In a situation like this one, we'd rather see Sammy's mistake not punish the team. Say all you want, but it will. It WILL affect this team going into the first game of the season. We're now opening up against Auburn (in which we are 12-33-2 against), and in the Georgia Dome.. we all know our history there.. without our best player...on National TV... when the last time the nation saw us play our boys got embarrassed. Yes, we have loads of talent, but that's not the point. Sammy should be playing...

We would rather Clemson be the hated winner (for playing him), than be the lovable loser (not playing him) any day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER- http://twitter.com/#!/SonsOfClemson

Re: Sammy.

Aug 5, 2012, 11:03 AM

If if's and but's were candy and nuts, we'd all haave a Merry Christmas...

I'd rather be known as a team whose Coach made a statement, did the right thing...WE WILL NOT LOSE.....it's time for others to step up and play to their potential. Sammy is not the Clemson football team...he is a PART of the team.

How do you deal with the controlled substance?***

Aug 5, 2012, 11:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ignoring it seems to be fashionable.***

Aug 5, 2012, 11:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

which chest are you beating while chastizing the moral

Aug 5, 2012, 11:04 AM

chested ones?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

high and mighty DSP to the rescue.***

Aug 5, 2012, 11:19 AM

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER- http://twitter.com/#!/SonsOfClemson

interestingly this is your 2nd ironical post in this thread.

Aug 5, 2012, 11:34 AM

i'm not the one chastizing the moral chested by being 'above it' while doing the same; stating the obvious is obvious and apparently gets your knickers in a twist.

hug.

Aug 5, 2012, 11:34 AM

i'm sorry to disagree with you but do we want to have the reputation that georgia has for arrests and problems,or with dealing with them like their coach has? we are and should strive to be better. yeah, we have our problems, but imo we should concentrate on clemson, not usc or georgia or any other school. our bot and coach make a decision and we have to support it. i know it hurts because it was one of, if not, our best player. but we all make mistakes and when we get caught, we must pay the price, and most times our actions hurt many other people. we just have to support the university and move on and learn from it.

I don't know about Richt/GA but according to something I

Aug 5, 2012, 11:51 AM

read this past week, they start the season with 5-6 players suspended. What kind of reputation do you think is merited by that? He can't hold their hands but he can decide the punishment. Quit acting like Dabo/CU have a monopoly on virtue and character. I thought the punishment would be less considering 1st offense/ PTI/ accounting of his actions all summer... (maybe 1st half of the AU game). Dabo thought different (for a number of possible reasons) and being the HC, that's his decision.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2012, 11:36 AM

Is there a written rule within Clemson athletics that dictates game suspensions or punishment for such violations? First offense - 10% of season. Second offense - 20% of season. If not, why? I would think TDP should have something in place for drug related violations. What would the punishment be if CU or CPD would have actually drug tested Sammy? Possession only charge in long run is very lenient. Request PTI and move on. I do agree with punishmeent outside of game suspensions. Community service, carry in equipment, study hall time, etc. Something that adds value.

Aug 5, 2012, 11:42 AM

This is a ridiculous post. Who do you think you are to know better than his head coach. Coming from a true tiger fan, please shut up

Look at it this way, what if Sammy got injured in practice?

Aug 5, 2012, 11:52 AM

We'd still be going into the first game of the season without our best player. Everyone would be picking which player they think will be the one to step up and win it for Sammy. Now that Sammy has received his punishment people want to blame Dabo and say we have no chance. Either way, we have no control over it. Pick someone to root for and get over it.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic