Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sure was fun watching Purdue beat OSU and seeing how
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,312

Sure was fun watching Purdue beat OSU and seeing how

Oct 22, 2018, 8:31 AM

the rest of the country, who doesn't have a dog in the fight, enjoys seeing an unranked underdog upsetting a top 5 team. Just glad it was someone else on the other end this time!

Also, how cool was it that the Purdue student with terminal cancer called it well before the game - Purdue beats OSU. That alone was reason enough to pull for the Boilermakers! That took the underdog upset and made it so much better! Glad they could give that young man the victory and invite him into the locker room after to celebrate with them. Very classy, Boilermakers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sure was fun watching Purdue beat OSU and seeing how

Oct 22, 2018, 8:35 AM

Columbus local media covers the nuts to excess. If you arent a nut fan you start to dislike them due to constant over hype. Well after this game local reporting on it is nonexistant. They are trying to act like it didnt happen. They are a bunch of bozos

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I used to live in Tallahassee back in the 90s/early 00s

Oct 22, 2018, 8:38 AM

and the Tallahassee media is the same way. There is no other football team they cover (except for smaller local teams like Florida A&M and Valdosta St). It's a pretty town, but if you're not a Seminole, it's insufferable. Didn't help that those were their prime years and when they were routinely smoking us down there, and often up here.

I think most of us who follow college football enjoy seeing these "blue bloods" take one on the chin after getting so much attention and credit just for their name and pedigree. College ball isn't like pro ball. Kids are only there 3-5 years. Just because a team was good in the 80s, or 90s, or 00s, doesn't mean they'll be good now.

Purdue absolutely deserved to win that game in every way. And OSU deserved to lose it. They played horribly and Purdue played outstandingly. Made for a great close to the day!

Re: I used to live in Tallahassee back in the 90s/early 00s

Oct 22, 2018, 9:12 AM

If you didnt know you would think Purdue was the higher ranked team. Totally out played OH St

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2018, 8:38 AM

Not sure how I stated it, but I somewhat expected Purdue to upset(?) OSU at Purdue, but I was kind of hoping that they would not so Nebraska could upset them at OSU in front of their home crowd. I still expect that to happen. THAT game will be awesome if Frost can pull that game off. Yes - 6-loss Nebraska to beat OSU. LOL if that happens.

Oct 22, 2018, 10:28 AM

They ain't called "the Choking Woodys" in my house for nothing...

wonder if they will say OSU-ing?***

Oct 22, 2018, 8:40 AM

Re: wonder if they will say OSU-ing?***

Oct 22, 2018, 8:46 AM

Nutt-cutting!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least with our two underdog-upsets

Oct 22, 2018, 8:55 AM [ in reply to wonder if they will say OSU-ing?*** ]

we were in the games and made them close. And the Cuse game we had the starter go down and out early. This game - OSU was never really even in it and just totally sucked.

I think the voters are willing to give a team one pass for one bad day, but this was a horrible why-did-you-ever-even-leave-the-lockerrom kind of day.

hey, we're on that list now.....

Oct 22, 2018, 9:42 AM

only time the majority of the country would pull for Clemson would be against Bama.

Success breeds haters.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,312
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic