Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey wtrskitiger
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Hey wtrskitiger

Jul 15, 2015, 9:45 PM

Looks like the Planned Parenthood video is BS. At least, deceptively edited BS.

Certainly not a defender of Planned Parenthood, but I always like to dogpile on lying right-wing BS. You know, there are lots of valid avenues to combat abortion without making crap up.

http://mediamatters.org/research/2015/07/15/media-calls-out-deceptively-edited-video-claimi/204426

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I'm not sure it's quite as clear cut as this makes....

Jul 15, 2015, 10:11 PM

It out to be.

My first observation is that this seems to be making a case that "selling" is drastically different that "being reimbursed" and that "purchasing" is drastically different than "paying someone for their expenses".

Of course the released video was edited...you could see that by watching it. The group should get some level of credit for releasing the full unedited version.

Isaw the guy behind this organization interviewed tonight and he made a convincing case about how PP uses a wholesaler middle company to skit the law on "selling".

Anyways, I think the issue deserves an investigation, which is sure to come.

Also, listening to the lady talk about placement of the forcepts such that the right organs can be harvested was a bit tough for me to watch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's the end game?

Jul 15, 2015, 10:28 PM

So PP is in the business of selling fetal organs, racking up all this money so they can............... what? Is this chick lining her pockets or something?

This story left me with too many questions and these conservative guerilla videos are typically misleading.

I'm given to believe it is illegal***

Jul 15, 2015, 10:35 PM

So we're to believe that Dr. Nucatola's financing her

Jul 15, 2015, 10:51 PM

high falutin, wine sipping, salad eating lifestyle on the hearts and lungs of the unborn? It really doesn't seem like a particularly lucrative racket.

And?***

Jul 15, 2015, 11:43 PM

And that makes me think she's not doing that.***

Jul 16, 2015, 8:50 AM

Reimbursement is $30 to $100 according to the lady.

Jul 15, 2015, 11:17 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure it's quite as clear cut as this makes.... ]

which, if true, would make it drastically different than selling as I would guess the remains' actual price is much more than $30 to $100.

I would guess if there is an investigation, that it should be a pretty quick one. (I'd also guess just like in all the other "we caught PP on camera!" videos, the videos will be found to be fraudulent and PP will be exonerated)

"fans" of these videos need to be very careful that they aren't promoting a cry wolf situation that will actually hurt their arguments against PP.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is "actual price"? is there a legal market for it?....

Jul 15, 2015, 11:43 PM

That just doesn't make much sense to me, but maybe there is more to learn.

I don't see how the entire video can be "fraudulent". I don't think anyone is claimimg the footage is fake.

dude they only showed the most dmning

Jul 15, 2015, 11:45 PM

Parts first thus the while thing is fraudulent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I forgot, Media Matters, lol***

Jul 15, 2015, 11:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the arguments made from the video being fraudulent

Jul 15, 2015, 11:53 PM [ in reply to What is "actual price"? is there a legal market for it?.... ]

much like with that kid that originally made these type of videos popular years ago.

As for the legal market, it seems to be and for some time:

http://www.ascb.org/newsfiles/fetaltissue.pdf

I read that whole dang thing btw....

Jul 16, 2015, 7:17 AM

anyways...you said "drastically different than selling as I would guess the remains' actual price is much more than $30 to $100."

I don't understand the distinction you're making between what PP is selling it for and some "actual price". Can you clarify that?

They are being reimbursed for transportation

Jul 16, 2015, 4:52 PM

to the tune of $30 to $100 (according to the lady, don't know if this is true). That sounds like "gas money" to me.

I would imagine that selling fetal tissue to researchers would carry a higher price. If an investigation is carried out, I would imagine the disparity in price of donating versus selling would be one of the key bits of evidence.

But to the main point here, PP isn't selling anything. The women having the abortion are donating as has been done for decades as the ASCB mentions. Perhaps we need a broader scope of investigation--since hospitals and the NIH are the main sources of fetal tissue?

Absolutely

Jul 16, 2015, 12:09 AM [ in reply to I'm not sure it's quite as clear cut as this makes.... ]

Have an impartial investigation and explore all the facts.

If they're doing what the group claims and it's illegal, drop the hammer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Wow, what a relief...

Jul 16, 2015, 8:18 AM [ in reply to I'm not sure it's quite as clear cut as this makes.... ]

To think they may have been SELLING the parts of the children they are slaughtering. That would be horrible.

Yeah, really. The visual of that lady casually eating a...

Jul 16, 2015, 8:34 AM

salad while discussing these things is pretty disturbing to me personally.

"Yeah, if the doctor knows ahead of time what parts you want, he can kill the fetus in just the right way."

very sad

It's either that or throw it in the garbage.

Jul 16, 2015, 8:48 AM

And I think doctors probably talk casually about all kinds of stuff that's gross.

Again, this discussion is going to migrate really quickly from whether or not PP broke any laws to abortion itself, which is great news for politicians looking to grandstand.

I wish they would all grandstand against abortion***

Jul 16, 2015, 9:01 AM

Then you, my friend, are in luck!

Jul 16, 2015, 9:19 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/14/politics/planned-parenthood-video-conservatives-condemn/

You can listen to them condemn abortion to your heart's content! Too bad they're not talking about anything substantive, like a detailed plan to overhaul the tax code or something, but this gets the base all fired up.

You know...a lot of real people actually care about this....

Jul 16, 2015, 9:22 AM

issue. It may not be "substantive" to you, but it is to a lot of folks.

I think we're capable of talking about more than issue at a time.

I'd be willing to bet that a lot of pro choice folks would be disturbed to watch that video too.

Re: It's either that or throw it in the garbage.

Jul 16, 2015, 9:26 AM [ in reply to It's either that or throw it in the garbage. ]

So its just gross. Just gross to talk about getting a baby to birth breach so that it is easier to make sure that you do not harm any of the organs.

Since you and Catahoula
All-TigerNet [10033]
Joined 2 decades ago
TigerPulse: 100%
are so good at googling, looks at what a 16 week of baby looks like. Go to google type that in and then imagine grabbing it by its thorax and pulling it out of the womb so that you can then harvest the tissues. Which by the way is no big deal to you because its just going to go in the garbage.

You both are sick, sick people and I am ashamed to think that I could be sitting next to you at a Clemson football game. Makes me completely sick that you all just want to dismiss the video completely. If only 1 second of that video is true, which much of this is due to all the past complaints about this very doctor, then that makes it valid.

We are talking about killing babies and then taking their tissue and selling it. How can you even begin to stand behind and dismiss this behavior.

Our legislators will be held accountable. Knowing that this is happening and not acting on it and stopping it, is just as bad as doing the act yourself. The people in the positions to make this stop will be held accountable and it will be by us voters, but more so, by God.

You're a miserable, sanctimonious ####.***

Jul 16, 2015, 9:49 AM

Re: You're a miserable, sanctimonious ####.***

Jul 16, 2015, 9:52 AM

Because you are fine with killing at 16 week old child?

That makes me sanctimonious?

16 week old child or 16 week old fetus?***

Jul 16, 2015, 1:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: You're a miserable, sanctimonious ####.***

Jul 16, 2015, 9:56 AM [ in reply to You're a miserable, sanctimonious ####.*** ]

You and Catahoula
All-TigerNet [10033]
Joined 2 decades ago
TigerPulse: 100%
should go back in time and visit some Klan rallies with Margaret Sanger. That would be right up your alley.

No way, dude.

Jul 16, 2015, 10:01 AM

White sheets do NOT look good on Murcielago. Makes his thighs look big. Not his look at all.

you strike me as a

Jul 16, 2015, 8:10 PM [ in reply to You're a miserable, sanctimonious ####.*** ]

miserable, narcissistic d|ckhead.

so there you go.

Oh, but I thought you had me on ignore?

Jul 16, 2015, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: It's either that or throw it in the garbage. ]

Knew you couldn't stay away, sweetheart.

Save your abortion boo hoo for someone else. I already said I don't care to defend Planned Parenthood, and honestly, I find abortion pretty disturbing as well. But I also use rational thought to see that abortion isn't a black-and-white issue. It's a complicated one. For me personally, I take the side of life. But that's an easy call for me to make given my life.

I can also say that many pro-lifers tend to sing a different tune real quick when their little angel gets knocked up. Seen that happen many a time. I wouldn't put that past you as well.

The point of my post is that yesterday, you were as giddy as a school girl over a video that turned out it wasn't all that it cracked out to be. While I can't say I won't thumbs up Murcielago for calling you a miserable, sanctimonious ####, I'll tone it down a little more: You're kind of blubbering, and I hope we aren't sitting next to each other at a game because I'd probably have to listen to you cry and whine about me slipping a little Jack in my Coke. Probably tell me God is judging me or something.

As for the video, I think it warrants an investigation and closer scrutiny. But you can't deny that you jumped the gun on the edited version.

so the chick in the video

Jul 15, 2015, 10:51 PM

Contradicts herself. Don't blame that on the editing. Of course they're gonna show the meatiest parts first.

And I don't know how you can justify carefully killing the fetus so we can harvest the heart and the organs. You act like they just made this video up.

Regardless no politician will do a thing about this even if it was completely illegal.

Jonathan Swift made it very clear...

Jul 16, 2015, 12:12 AM

About the benefits of such practices. He outlined it in six very simple arguments.

Convenient how it's ok to forget about that whole thou shalt

Jul 15, 2015, 11:37 PM

not commit false witness thing when it's for a righteous cause.

Re: Convenient how it's ok to forget about that whole thou shalt

Jul 15, 2015, 11:40 PM

not kill, when it's convenient to support a righteous cause.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why make it about religion? The practice of harvesting....

Jul 15, 2015, 11:45 PM [ in reply to Convenient how it's ok to forget about that whole thou shalt ]

Limbs and organs from abortions is pretty disgusting isn't it? My opposition to it has litte to do with my religious beliefs.

Re: Hey wtrskitiger

Jul 15, 2015, 11:39 PM

Do you think you Could come up with a single article from those media sources in the link that has ever been critical of PP? Take your time. Maybe that should tell you something about their reporting. Also, I doubt that you will ever find a pro choice supporter that has ever condemned PP for any of their practices. Hey, they even defended the convicted murdererer butcher Gosnell. It's always shoot the messenger. It's always, something was taken out of context.

If you have no problem with a Doctor nonchalantly discussing killing a baby who does feel the pain so as to not damage the body parts so they can be sold, while munching her salad(I'm sure she is a vegetarian because she can't stand the thoughts of killing an animal) and sipping her wine, then nothing about this ghoulish practice is going to affect you.

PP is evil. Pure evil.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Find one of these sources being critical of PP?

Jul 16, 2015, 12:06 AM

I can take my time. Okay. Might take a while...

Let's see... firing up Google... I'll type in "new york time criticize planned parenthood"...

Oh. Second entry. Well, that was easier than I thought.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/24/opinion/sunday/planned-parenthoods-self-destructive-behavior.html?_r=0

Re: Hey wtrskitiger

Jul 16, 2015, 11:48 AM

IDK, imagine we are not that far off until we can jam a fetus into a 3d printer and create critical organs to be sold on the black market. I imagine Republicans would be all in favor of this because it would grant the ultra wealthy eternal life.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

saaaaawing and a missssssss***

Jul 16, 2015, 12:23 PM

Re: saaaaawing and a missssssss***

Jul 16, 2015, 12:55 PM

Its fake cause media matters and CNN say so. Get with the program.

I am done with this argument here. But you guys that are just brushing this off are some sick fuccks.

Agreed.***

Jul 16, 2015, 2:27 PM

hey, if it helps you and Murcielago

Jul 16, 2015, 8:05 PM

to sleep at night, believe what you want.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic