Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
hey grandpaw, what's for supper?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 358

hey grandpaw, what's for supper?

Jun 8, 2019, 7:36 PM

here, the lady who does Mrs No's nails (and drives a school bus), had a friend coming up from Loosianna wit fresh shrimp, so I got a lb. (Mrs No is allergic to shellfish). Had w/ fresh roasted brocolli from her garden, quinnoa w/leftover baby spinach. Baked salmon for her, wit a bourbon/orange glaze.
86% ghirardelli square for dessert, w/ cheap 19 crimes red wine to wash it all down.

whatayahavin?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Popcorn and Zipline IPA

Jun 8, 2019, 7:41 PM

I seem to be eating popcorn a lot lately, it’s like I’ve regressed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

popcorn is not high fat.***

Jun 8, 2019, 7:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can't add pic in edit if you forget.

Jun 8, 2019, 7:47 PM
IMG_1213.jpg(117.3 K)

so there it is. That old grill pan holds about a lb of shrimp, which was fine for tonight

Rolling solo tonight so I picked up a grocery store sushi roll.***

Jun 8, 2019, 7:52 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Asian fusion............

Jun 8, 2019, 7:56 PM

I couldn't decide so went Korean short ribs, shrimp fried rice and egg rolls.

I can't move!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Salmon night at the Slac House, friends over...

Jun 8, 2019, 8:23 PM

Been drying the fish for 24hrs, season with S&P, it'll hit an 800° grill for about 3 minutes flesh side down (crust), flip it skin side til skin is crisp which is about another 3 minutes. Will cover with fennel fronds to impart a bit of anise to the meat. Roasted vegetables... fennel bulb, gold tato, and radish. Arugula salad with tiny yellow 'maters and mild peppers from the yard, creamy buttermilk dressing also with yard herbs. App tonight is feta/goat cheese (chevre if yer french) whipped with tomato infused oil, topped with aleppo pepper...it's real red, y'all, served with toasted baguette. Don't know about the dessert, cuz I ain't done it.

There have been beers and wine so far, I'd imagine that will continue. SlacWife also makes a bourbon/watermelon post dinner drink that folks seem to like, so that might happen too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

very nice, thanks for the detail.***

Jun 8, 2019, 8:50 PM

Re: hey grandpaw, what's for supper?

Jun 8, 2019, 8:26 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

el oh el.

Jun 8, 2019, 8:57 PM

the bourbon/orange salmon was cut and seasoned at Kroger. All we did was put in the oven, wit the orange slices and pats o butter they gave Mrs No. Sorry if you don't have some totally random source for fresh gulf shrimp. I dint know I had that either until this am.

Takeout from The Greek Grille in the rockin’ town of

Jun 8, 2019, 9:17 PM

Fort Mill, Southcackalacky.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

What's the deal with that 521 BBQ? Didn't it

Jun 8, 2019, 10:31 PM

used to be located across the parking lot from Red Bowl in Tega Cay?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Got 2 papa johns pizzas and some cheesy bread.

Jun 8, 2019, 10:23 PM

Kids loved it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 358
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic