Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Worried for Tajh
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Worried for Tajh

Jan 25, 2014, 7:11 PM

Feel like his stock is dropping fast /:

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a good showing but some fair reports on

Jan 25, 2014, 7:17 PM

his last day of practice and drills. His chances to get drafted in the third or better are looking worse. Which means finding a starting slot is even less likely. He still has the combine to recover, though.

Also he gets to throw to Sammy and Bryant

Jan 25, 2014, 7:19 PM

At the combine.

Hoping the combine is a good showing I know his interviews

Jan 26, 2014, 12:25 AM

will be his strong suit.

Re: Worried for Tajh

Jan 25, 2014, 7:20 PM

I'm hoping that he doesn't go down the "great college QB, but never made it the pro's" road. Whatever happens to his career, he has a Clemson degree, and a great family behind him. I know that he will be successful no matter what his method of making a living.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he was a great qb at clemson

Jan 25, 2014, 7:23 PM

I wonder how different his draft stock would have been if he came out last year

You wonder?

Jan 26, 2014, 9:07 AM

Do you think an extra year to develop made him less talented? Maybe this is Tahj... He is a world class man and he will succeed in life. I am certain he doesn't regret his senior year so go back and play with your coot friends.

THINK a little

Jan 26, 2014, 11:10 PM

Hurt his development...no...try and stay with me...look at the QB class this year compared to last year. Are you telling me that he would be a 3rd to 5th round draft pick last year? Do you really believe that he would have been picked BEHIND EJ Manuel? Please...he would have OWNED that draft.

Did you read what people are saying about him? There are posters on this very board, supporters of his, that are saying 2-3rd round and maybe lower. It doesn't mean that he is a bad qb...look at his stats. He won the same amount of games vs teams that finished in the top 25 as Aaron Murray and won 3 more than Bridgewater.

COUasshatGH

Jan 25, 2014, 7:23 PM

Feathers are showing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

You think I'm a coot?

Jan 26, 2014, 12:23 AM

Because I'm worried about Tajh's draft stock? Nice try, I've been a Clemson fan my entire life, my mom is a alumni and I'm currently enrolled at Clemson and have been for 3 years, as you can see from the student tag.

don't look for him at next level***

Jan 25, 2014, 7:26 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I look for him to have a Charlie Whitehurst kind of

Jan 25, 2014, 7:29 PM

career. Capable backup. Never a star.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

will be shocked

Jan 26, 2014, 12:31 AM

if he makes it half as long as Charlie has.

People forget how good #6 was. He could make all of the throws. Wasn't afraid to stand in the pocket and get hit (Boyd's biggest downfall IMO) - 6 bout died in the TT game. Never have seen a beating like that. Yet he kept getting up.

Charlie also lived for the big moments and was as cool as a cucumber. 1st and 35 anyone?

Debatable

Jan 26, 2014, 12:39 AM

LSU game? Tajh stood strong and took beating and won the game. His problem is getting flustered and making decisions too quickly. He can take hits. If he can improve his confidence Tajh can make all the throws too.

CW: 59.7% career. TB: 64.3%.

Jan 26, 2014, 1:11 AM [ in reply to will be shocked ]

What?

Re: CW: 59.7% career. TB: 64.3%.

Jan 26, 2014, 8:52 AM

nice stats.

they mean nothing when looking at someone's ability to play in the NFL.

Nothing.

CW was also 4-0 against SC. Does that matter to the Chargers?

You wrote, "He could make all of the throws" in trying

Jan 29, 2014, 9:49 AM

to compare him to Boyd's ability to play in the NFL, however, Tajh made a good bit higher percentage of his throws.

Hope that helps.

What would be the method for assessment then?***

Jan 29, 2014, 5:55 PM [ in reply to Re: CW: 59.7% career. TB: 64.3%. ]

Re: will be shocked

Jan 26, 2014, 8:59 AM [ in reply to will be shocked ]

4th and 16 anyone?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CW had a low completion % and threw way too many picks

Jan 29, 2014, 9:38 PM [ in reply to will be shocked ]

Good QB, but overrated a bit around here b/c SCAR sucked from 2002-2005.

Re: I look for him to have a Charlie Whitehurst kind of

Jan 29, 2014, 10:43 AM [ in reply to I look for him to have a Charlie Whitehurst kind of ]

750k to carry a clipboard isn't a bad way to make a living.

Jan 25, 2014, 7:49 PM

I am sure glad that Boyd played with more optimism that you 'fans'! If he is as bad as you have decided, we must of had a great team surrounding him. I suspect without knowing, that the NFL guys have a better idea of Boyds potential that you experts.

Jan 25, 2014, 7:51 PM

i guess you missed seeing the awful receivers that the north squad put out there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure the North had less talented runners and receivers

Jan 25, 2014, 8:20 PM

but Boyd also overthrew almost everyone one of them on passes over 15 or so yards. He was very good on short passes. Maybe he hasn't gotten used to not having Nuk/Sammy/Bryant run under his throws yet. Still was not a great day for him. I still think he gets drafted, but the chances of getting pick to start look slimmer.

Re: Sure the North had less talented runners and receivers

Jan 29, 2014, 11:35 AM

"I still think he gets drafted, but the chances of getting pick to start look slimmer."

Haha, understatement of the century.

leader, strong arm, smart, no worries***

Jan 25, 2014, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Worried for Tajh ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never said he was a bad player...

Jan 26, 2014, 12:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Worried for Tajh ]

I think he's an excellent player, I was just going off reports that his stock is dropping. I want Tajh to be drafted as high as possible. Ya'll are misinterpreting my post.

Why?

Jan 25, 2014, 8:15 PM

Tajh has done everything he could to be the best he can be. Everybody who aspires to be a franchise quarterback doesn't make it. Tim Tebow was one of the finest college QBs to never make the grade. Tajh may be another.

He'll find work there somewhere or he can fallback on his fine Clemson education.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not worried about him as a person, just his chances in

Jan 26, 2014, 12:21 AM

draft. He's an amazing guy and he's done a lot for Clemson, I just want him to shine for the scouts as he has for us fans. Hoping for a strong combine.

Re: Why?

Jan 26, 2014, 11:55 PM [ in reply to Why? ]

Tajh throws a significantly better ball and has much better mechanics than Tebow ever did. Each year the supporting cast of ridiculously good talent around Tebow left for the NFL, Tebow became more and more exposed. When Tebow actually got to the NFL (and he NEVER should have gone in the first round), he was completely exposed. Kid's a fullback. Not a QB.

since u guys like my bold predictions so much, here is one

Jan 26, 2014, 12:27 AM

Boyd will not get a 2nd contract in the NFL....and that's assuming he survives the life of his original contract.

Before you hang me - this in no way takes away from what he accomplished in a Tiger uniform. He is simply a great college player. There have been many who just didn't transition well to the next level. Nothing wrong with being great in college (Tebow).

I think he has a much better chance than Tebow***

Jan 26, 2014, 12:31 AM

Starting to Believe....

Jan 26, 2014, 1:16 AM

Sammy Nuke and all our talented WR made him look as good as he was. If he gets drafted I have no doubt he will see the field someday

He'll be drafted and will probably

Jan 26, 2014, 11:58 PM

make some squad. He will improve when he has time for multiple reps under same coaches for an extended period of time. Play in the Senior Bowl is no real expose' of real talent.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its not

Jan 29, 2014, 10:38 AM

but a long delivery, bad footwork, lack of pocket awareness, and (most importantly) the inability to decipher a coverage is a pretty good indicator that he will struggle to make it at the next level.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic