Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Two things
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 953

Two things

Aug 8, 2019, 2:16 PM

1) Since half the people on here seem to somehow live in Lexington County- anyone find the Coke bottles yet? I've tried a handful of places unsuccessfully. The only one that said they "had" them was Publix, and of course they were gone before I got home from work.

2) I thought it better to not post this, but then I decided, screw it needs to be said. What kind of absolute JOKE is it to say that someone can't misspell or mock someone's name or blog posts??? This is the INTERNET. If you're scared of getting jeered, don't get on stage with a weak act. If you don't want your grammar or typos to be mocked, do a better job of editing. If someone mocks poor quality content, maybe step up the quality instead of defending it with "you will be banned" (as if taking your ball and going home somehow changes that you can't ball with the big boys). In all honesty, maybe the guy should do a better job of putting out quality content and then there wouldn't be someone mocking it OR there would be plenty of other people defending the quality of the work instead of a mod having to threaten the people that are supposed to be fans of it (because that works- YOU WILL LIKE THIS AND RESPECT IT AND READ IT AND APPLAUD OR BE BANNED). Now, I'll admit- I don't know what spurred this seemingly sensitive overreaction, and the fact that it mentions the guy's family members does seem a bit odd and across the line... but even still, IT'S THE INTERNET. Personal attacks may be "unethical", but they're hardly off limits on the web. Even here. I mean, we had a guy get kicked out of MEDICAL SCHOOL after a personal attack chatting on teh jounge, and that guy didn't get a special protection from a moderator of the site. I don't know, maybe this blogger and the mods are best buddies and they want to protect each other, but honestly, it makes the whole site look bush league having his blog on here to begin with, not to mention the threat that was posted on here earlier today. I'm not from the upstate and I heard he has a radio show as well, which just blows my mind. Maybe writing just isn't his thing and the radio gig is much better, but if the show is anything like the blog, I am absolutely ASTOUNDED that a national championship caliber program doesn't have a single "fan", much less "professional media memeber" that can produce something better than that. Anyway, I'm not even here to criticize the dude's blog. It's easy enough for me to just not read it, and that's what I've done for years after reading the first few...
But the post threatening to ban anyone who openly mocks it is completely ridiculous and honestly, childish. It's certainly not professional or understanding of how fan based online sports sites work. I'm sure it will have nothing but the opposite affect that it was intended to. And last but not least, if I get banned for stating this, that will just confirm what that previous post already makes me wonder, which is- maybe this isn't really the place to get serious news about my team and entertaining jokes from fellow fans in the message board. If Best is REALLY the standard, then folks like MP, Munson, and anyone else who has no business being in media better get used to getting called out if their product isn't up to standards.

InB4-TL;DR and Well, Bye.
By all means, please mock my wordy-repetitive, long winded post, and feel free to call me kuntfishtigers. It's the internet, and I'm a big boy who can take it.
DeerGawd...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two things

Aug 8, 2019, 2:22 PM

This looks like an excellent repost when the blogs start

Aug 8, 2019, 2:23 PM

coming out

1. YES

Aug 8, 2019, 2:24 PM

Walmart in Travelers Rest.

2. Agreed

Hay, don't be givin out my secret natty coke stash location

Aug 8, 2019, 2:25 PM

Got mine yesterday you loosers!

Man, you suck. You are the wurst poster on tnet. I hate

Aug 8, 2019, 2:27 PM

you and all your kinfolk

Good luck getting the Natty Cokes. I haven't tried looking in York COunty yet.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would tell you how much I hate you and your wife and kids

Aug 8, 2019, 2:32 PM

but you are pretty much a hippie, further left version of myself that seems cool enough, and I vaguely remember your wife being attractive from 5-8 years ago when I was in WSB and that was before she potentially got outfitted with new, upgraded bewbs- plus you have far too many children for me to divide my hate amongst.

So, cliffs- we cool bro. Engineering hi-five with the dirty hand

luv u bb***

Aug 8, 2019, 2:32 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honest replys

Aug 8, 2019, 2:31 PM

1) I feel sorry for all of you that live in Lexington. T's and P's

2) Yes, it is the internet, but personal attacks, especially on someone's family, should not be tolerated on this site imo. This is not twitter. This is a friendly (usually) Clemson site that you have to be given permission to post. I do agree, calling me a name is not going to bother me either - I have no real idea how that name even came about, if it is hurtful or harmful, then let's stop it.

I have heard MP speak at a few events - he is not a professional speaker nor a professional writer and I bet he would be the first to admit it. He loves Clemson and has been involved with recruiting and the program for a long time - he can tell a good story and he can be interesting - but he is a guy trying to make a living and you can like him or not - I sure don't want to do anything to affect his ability to do this.

Just my 2 cents.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you're such a metropolitan***

Aug 8, 2019, 2:35 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#LGM!

Aug 8, 2019, 2:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a person, agree with you all the way

Aug 8, 2019, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Honest replys ]

and you're one of the best dudes on here. Love ya man.

But you have to accept the cold, hard truth that if he can't produce content that is up to par with the other members/outlets of the online media, that he shouldn't be "trying to make a living" doing just that. And by doing so, he opens himself up to the negative feedback that will undoubtedly follow. I got nothing against "the man", but the content just isn't up to par. I'd rather read a free quozzel post 10 out of 10 times, and that is the perfect example of how the internet works. I read his posts, and if someone tries to discredit him, there are dozens of people who defend the quality history of work he has produced. No one has to "take up for him" or threaten to ban people if they openly disagree with him. By God, that's just unAmerican right there... Even quozzel from time to time will be wrong, and when so, people should openly say so and correct him. That's how this thing works. No one is above reproach.

I dunno. Not sure why this has rubbed me the wrong way and gotten me so ticked off, but maybe I'm just resistant to authority...

Testing-how do you feel about it Lakebum?

Someone got kicked out of Med School for posting

Aug 8, 2019, 2:31 PM

something? What did I miss?

Re: Someone got kicked out of Med School for posting

Aug 8, 2019, 2:43 PM

Those were the days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep, someone got their feelings hurt and called the dean***

Aug 8, 2019, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Someone got kicked out of Med School for posting ]

how long ago was that and do either of them still hang out

Aug 8, 2019, 2:59 PM

here?

I feel like i remember, but maybe just remember the story of the story

cant remember usernames.

Aug 8, 2019, 3:21 PM

Poster #1 had posted an actual pic of he and his gf/fiance i believe. As we all do, he also let personal info slip over time and stated that he was planning to(or did) attend med school.

Sometime later we all were having a discussion of who here had ever done drugs. Usual convo about pot, mushrooms, etc. He admitted trying LSD some time in the past.

during the same time frame there was a TD bandit that liked to stir chit. The two got into it from time to time.

At some point poster #2 somehow found poster #1 real name and called the dean of the med school. He either failed his acceptance interview or got kicked out. Cant remember.

Poster #2 deserved an azzkickin for that one.

Feel free to correct inaccuracies.

He was about to start his second or third year,

Aug 8, 2019, 3:38 PM

and was "obliged" to take a year off when the dean was informed by the snitch. He finished med school and is a practicing, competent doctor now, as far as I know (I'm frans with him on buddybook), but it cost him a year of his career, which is bullshit. And you'll never convince me that it wasn't Corny. That guy was a psycho, and this poster and Corny pretty consistently clashed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think it was corny.

Aug 8, 2019, 4:15 PM

You CAn't convince me of that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he still lurks here under a different handle

Aug 8, 2019, 4:52 PM [ in reply to cant remember usernames. ]

He was clemsonrulez08® before clemsonrulez08® was clemsonrulez08®

except we eventually ended up liking him

I appreciate this

Aug 10, 2019, 8:38 AM

As time is never ending, I aspire to reach these levels.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Forced to take a year off from med school

Aug 9, 2019, 9:22 AM [ in reply to cant remember usernames. ]

he came on and posted about it a couple of years after and was sort of magnanimous about it in a "turned out to be a good thing that happened because it helped me get my head on straight" kind of way.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do we have the story somewhere?***

Aug 8, 2019, 3:03 PM [ in reply to yep, someone got their feelings hurt and called the dean*** ]

here's a link

Aug 8, 2019, 3:07 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/yep-someone-got-their-feelings-hurt-and-called-the-dean***-25764943

I just can't believe

Aug 8, 2019, 2:35 PM

I read all of that

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

heck, I

Aug 8, 2019, 2:41 PM

can't believe I typed it. And I'm not even drunk yet.

Now.......if Munson is lumped into this discussion....

Aug 8, 2019, 2:46 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YOU LIKE HIM???

Aug 8, 2019, 2:51 PM

I think he was saying he would be band if Munson was include

Aug 8, 2019, 2:59 PM

d

Re: What he said^^^^^***

Aug 8, 2019, 3:03 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"but honestly,

Aug 8, 2019, 4:12 PM

it makes the whole site look bush league having his blog on here to begin with".

You mean Tigernet is a "professional" website?

I had no idea.

just razzing here... you're on point

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Update- I’m feeling much better now

Aug 8, 2019, 10:32 PM

Had a snickers. Found a whole pallet of natty cokes at the West Columbia US1 and I-26 Wally World. Drank beer.

Still stand by my rant tho.

Hasta Manana beaches.

I bought some in Florence,

Aug 9, 2019, 7:24 AM

But paid $8.99 for the 6 pack.

####

Aug 9, 2019, 9:50 AM

Seems like they produced a lot more of these 2018 bottles than they did of the 2016. It was hard to get the 2016 ones but seems like everywhere around here there are pallets of the '18 bottles. Either that or the luster has worn off and people aren't as excited anymore.

Good post. As for the Coca-Cola bottles..............

Aug 9, 2019, 9:28 AM

maybe you should find this guy.

<###### async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what a ####***

Aug 9, 2019, 9:48 AM

One thing

Aug 9, 2019, 9:46 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two things

Aug 10, 2019, 9:17 AM

I didn't read a word of that chit.

Aug 10, 2019, 9:22 AM

No chit. I'm 67 and my ability to navigate through a block of type without white space is diminished. Beside that, I haven't read one of his blogs in months but I bet he knows what white space is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 38
| visibility 953
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic