Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: State of Emergency
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

New Story: State of Emergency

Aug 16, 2015, 8:26 AM

State of Emergency

Brent Venables has been coaching football for 19 years and has seen it all, but Clemson's situation at linebacker is as dire as he has ever been around. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about moving Tanner Muse to LB?

Aug 16, 2015, 8:47 AM

I have never seen him play, but he seems like he may have the frame.

Pretty sure he played LB some in high school

Aug 16, 2015, 11:05 AM

His problem is that he just got to campus so maybe he is farther from ready than other guys who will get a look for second or third teams.

Re: New Story: State of Emergency

Aug 16, 2015, 9:12 AM

Don't know how u go from quote"loaded" at LB last week to emergency mode. Same thing with RB last year. Maybe preparation should be better!!!

Aug 16, 2015, 11:34 AM

Baldy got sucked right in lol

Dear "cupty"....suck it!!

Aug 17, 2015, 12:10 AM

Find something better to comment on. I'm just commenting on the obvious....ridiculous articles on tigernet, and people like u!

i see the gamechickens are flapping about this morn.***

Aug 16, 2015, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: State of Emergency ]

Clemsons "state of emergency" is a lot different than that

Aug 17, 2015, 6:25 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: State of Emergency ]

other schools. BV is looking two to three years down the road and that is what he was referring to. We are not going to get caught with our pants down and drop off the charts on defense like they did, we will continue to reload not rebuild.

Gotta reel Smith back in for '16!

Aug 16, 2015, 9:20 AM

Wonder what's going on with Rogers? Dabo sounded just as surprised and dumbfounded as anyone announcing it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This was CPAC V's APB for all LB recruits out there ...

Aug 16, 2015, 9:26 AM

looking for early Playing time. Come to Clemson and you will have an opportunity to see the field early and often.

Line 'em up!

Re: This was CPAC V's APB for all LB recruits out there ...

Aug 16, 2015, 9:51 AM

Probably a direct message to Rahshaun.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

and Boulware. Time to play smart....***

Aug 16, 2015, 10:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last season it was RBs

Aug 16, 2015, 11:20 AM

This season LBs. Sigh.
Couldn't agree more that Chuck Norris' protégé must play smarter.

Deer Crump.... Garlic Ads?! Ahahaha. Why did I ever Google search for Burgundy Okra.
Thank you for supporting Tigernet by allowing Ads .

At least we have Kellen Jones

Aug 16, 2015, 10:05 AM

Oh wait ........

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Need to recruit Korrie Rodgers back in the fold***

Aug 16, 2015, 10:11 AM

Wiggins isn't a LB***

Aug 16, 2015, 10:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he plays nickle/sam. he might be listed as a db, but he

Aug 16, 2015, 10:36 AM

plays the hell out of the sam lb role.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He played nickel DB on passing downs when we were in

Aug 16, 2015, 10:58 AM

4-2-5, basically.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ok, tell that to the staff...

Aug 16, 2015, 11:13 AM

http://www.clemsontigers.com/pdf9/3597106.pdf?SPSID=657769&SPID=103701&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=28500

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just semantics though I guess but it's really a DB, IMO.***

Aug 16, 2015, 11:08 AM [ in reply to he plays nickle/sam. he might be listed as a db, but he ]

Re: Just semantics though I guess but it's really a DB, IMO.***

Aug 16, 2015, 11:11 PM

Nickle and SAM are one and the same...same position/responsibilities in our scheme. its a hybrid position that we use 2 different body types to fill - LB versus run heavy and DB versus pass heavy.

Definition at Clemson has changed re: State of Emergency

Aug 16, 2015, 11:27 AM

How times have changed ...for the better!!

Only a few years ago, an example of "state of emergency" was having our offensive line become completely ineffective just because former walk-on left tackle Phillip Price went down with an injury.

Today, our definition of "emergency" is more along the lines of having absolute studs starting at LB and just being a bit thin in immediate depth and needing to step up our recruiting for a couple of years down the road.

Go Tigers!

One goes down (or out) and somebody else steps up!

Def of emergency changed with expectations

Aug 16, 2015, 12:04 PM

Back when you mention we were expecting to play well enough to win 8 or 9 games and maybe pull one upset somewhere. Now we expect a chance at 12-0 regular and a top 10 or 20 defense every season. Emergency is relative.

not to mention an injury or two and we are in trouble***

Aug 16, 2015, 1:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's definitely relative ...

Aug 16, 2015, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Def of emergency changed with expectations ]

I'm happy that our relative expectations have risen along our ability to meet or exceed those expectations.

We were 9-1 when Phillip Price went down ... then

Aug 16, 2015, 1:38 PM

we lost three of our last 4 games including getting trounced 70-33 by WVA to end the year 10-4.

Did JJ play any LB in HS? Seems to have the build for it.

Aug 16, 2015, 11:43 AM

Yes, I am well aware it takes more than just size and speed to be a good LB.

Aug 16, 2015, 1:20 PM

Wish I could talk to that young man. I almost gave up a full ride to play football as well years ago. I was a 2000 shrine bowl member, played at ETSU and finish my career at Elon University.

Have that man give me a shout. Jamie Ownbey.

Wasn't Our All Time Sack Leader Recruited as a Tight End?

Aug 16, 2015, 1:21 PM

There may be a another Vic Beasly on the team playing in the wrong position...

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Aug 16, 2015, 3:45 PM

I find this way way over the top. This is not state of emergency unless someone gets hurt.... This is obviously to show recruit Smith that he will be top the depth chart and make an impact.....recommitted and the other beast mode coming in.....I don't see this as a emergency. I think Jalen Williams was kicking but as well as blanks coming back and Korie Rogers couldn't handle it saw he might as well move on. I mean Kendall Joseph, O'Daniel, J Williams, Blanks, Boulware, Bj Goodsoon. I feel very solid in those 6 guys and some the younger guys are coming along too..... so No crisis....just a good ploy to get Smith back..... I think....I hope so I'd like to have him as a tiger and that other superbeast Tre Lemar.

I think Korrie Rogers really screwed us over

Aug 17, 2015, 9:09 AM

With quality depth. I don't understand why he randomly decided to quit football unless it was because of disclosed health issues. I still don't see why he wouldn't of at least played one full season before he made that decision. I really hope we can get Smith back and maybe even Rogers will come back after thinking it over for a while. We have talented LBs, just not enough depth. I don't expect that to be a problem for long considering BV is our LB coach and he's known to bring in talented LBs

A 19yo making a life decision didn't screw anyone over.

Aug 17, 2015, 9:45 AM

Good grief.

Wish him luck and move on, next man up will do just fine.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Its just the fact that if our LB get the injury bug

Aug 17, 2015, 10:19 AM

This year (knock on wood) then the loss of Rogers will hurt. You cant just lose a 4 star LB and be okay. JD and Judah Davis are real factors to be relied on now and no offence to them but i don't think the coaches were expecting them to be much more then special team help. We lost more players this offseason than any in recent memory. Battle, Ogundeko, Another lineman who i can't remember and now Rogers

You have a short memory.

Aug 17, 2015, 2:52 PM

Go get a dog if you're scared.

We had the foot injuries TB last year.

We ACL injuries bad 2 years ago.

We were worried last year not enough WRs when a couple quit and went home...and look, a couple freshmen stepped up - now it's 'riches' for us.

Every school goes through it, w/ 'ship limitations everyone is an injury or transfer away from being in trouble, deal with it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic